Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1271 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Oh also, another "flaw" I noticed this weekend was that the corset back I had (instead of the zipper on the real one) went down farther than my lower back (onto my butt basically) which caused it to bunch up a bit and make my a$$ look bigger. Not sure if they can fix it now but you might want to measure your torso and have them check the length of the corset back....

#1272 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
    • 539 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by medecash
      Thanks :) I'm a seamstress myself, and I'm trying not to be too picky over the details but the bust did seem far too large so I sent them a request to measure it again.
      I was quoted 120$ for this dress. They were confident they could replicate the dress almost exactly. In the end its never going to be the original dress, its about 85% close to the maggie...but its 100% the dress I want (or will be when the changes have been made) for an unbelievable price.... I'm very happy I chose gianinarbridal.
      Medecash I love the dress! I think once you get it and work with it it will be PERFECT! I'm glad you're happy with it, as you should be! :) Keep us posted when it arrives! :)
      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#1273 Danyelle

Danyelle
      • 368 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

You ladies have successfully convinced me to get a dress made from a vendor in China.

Your dresses all look SO freaking beautiful!!

I have a small budget and want something beautiful. My only option here would be a davids bridal dress, and while some of them are very pretty, I can get a more detailed/beautiful dress for the same cost.

Did you ladies go shopping and try on the styles you wanted before ordering the lookalike?

I am going to have to, I don't know what styles will look good on my body. I may be falling in love online with a dress that wont look right on me.

#1274 Mkandola

Mkandola
        • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Ethics Smethics!!

If you are buying a dress from a regular retailer, chances are that it is made in China anyway! Why do you think it takes 3-6 months to have it shipped in? I think people are being naive if they think that they are paying more for a dress to be 'creatively designed and sewn by a well-paid seamstress in the USA or Canada'

The wedding industry is a lucrative business and supplies outsource their labour all the time to make the most bang for their buck!

So, in my opinion ... if you can get a 'knock off' dress that you like online ... DO IT!

My girlfriend actually ended up ordering a Maggie Sottero from a retailer in China or Hong Kong. The dress was regularly $1800 CND and she got it for about $200 (alterations included) ... that is bargain shopping!

#1275 Mischaka

Mischaka
          • 969 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Danyelle
            You ladies have successfully convinced me to get a dress made from a vendor in China.

Your dresses all look SO freaking beautiful!!

I have a small budget and want something beautiful. My only option here would be a davids bridal dress, and while some of them are very pretty, I can get a more detailed/beautiful dress for the same cost.

Did you ladies go shopping and try on the styles you wanted before ordering the lookalike?

I am going to have to, I don't know what styles will look good on my body. I may be falling in love online with a dress that wont look right on me.

That's exactly what I did!!! And I went to Kleinfeld's!! I knew what style I wanted but with that style certain dresses still look different. I love the mermaid style but the bottom part of the dress has to full. I tried one and it had a plain simple bottom and I hated it!! So now I know exactly what I want and how it will look on me. But it will save me over $2000!!!

#1276 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

Ok ladies, I just got my dress last night, and took some pics with the tripod today..after work while FI was away.

Click the image to open in full size.
              Click the image to open in full size.
              The album on photobucket..
              http://s894.photobuc......g/the dress/

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1277 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
              • Banned
              • 253 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Bonnie, OMG your dress is absolutely gorgeous sweetheart, GORGEOUS! Which vendor did you use?
                "He's my Lobster"

#1278 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ginger1961
                  Bonnie, OMG your dress is absolutely gorgeous sweetheart, GORGEOUS! Which vendor did you use?
                  it is one from dhgate. PM me and I can give you the details.
                  It is a manufacturer from China that exports to Europe and USA. You can send pics and she will tell you if she can make it or not. The materials and craftmanship are excellent, you can see from the album pics, no pin marks or...assymetric bust or weird proportion that I ve seen here on this thread.

Bonnie

#1279 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Oups..here is the working link
                    the dress pictures by prettypigpig - Photobucket

Bonnie

#1280 Danyelle

Danyelle
                    • 368 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

prettypigpig that is beautiful!! looks so well made!

Mischaka - smart move!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users