Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1221 -ballerina-

-ballerina-
  • Newbie
  • 15 posts

    Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:09 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 007bride
    Your dress is gorgeous!!! It fits you so beautifully as well. This is similar to one that I have in mind but I'm still aprehensive to order online.

    The original dress looks like it has a different bodice. Did you ask for the bodice changes & the additional ribbon? I think your dress is actually prettier, but I'm just curious if you asked for those changes specifically. Also did you have it taken in at all or did it fit off the hanger?
    007bride, thank you!!! =)
    Yeah, I did ask Gianinarbridal to change the bodice. I wanted no beading at all and the grey sash like on some other dress.
    I didn't do any alterations to my gown, it perfectly fits me =)

    #1222 eholt

    eholt
    • Member
    • 528 posts

      Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

      Love this thread. Just can't decide what I want to do in terms of my dress.
      May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

      #1223 007bride

      007bride
      • Newbie
      • 14 posts

        Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by -ballerina-
        007bride, thank you!!! =)
        Yeah, I did ask Gianinarbridal to change the bodice. I wanted no beading at all and the grey sash like on some other dress.
        I didn't do any alterations to my gown, it perfectly fits me =)

        Did you give them any pics of the bodice you wanted or did you just describe it to them? Did you want the gathering at the top?

        You really do look amazing in that dress! Your waist looks so small & it looks like it fits your figure better than the original dress & model! Looks like your wedding is coming up soon I'm sure you're getting really excited!!!

        #1224 futuremrskyle

        futuremrskyle
        • Newbie
        • 3 posts

          Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

          Hi Everyone,
          I looked at this post a couple of times when I was doing my research on gianinar and you girls affirmed my decision to go with them! Well, it paid off, I just received my proof pics and they are amazing! I thought I would put them up to set some hearts to rest!
          The first is the original; it was a La Sposa design.

          #1225 futuremrskyle

          futuremrskyle
          • Newbie
          • 3 posts

            Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

            I forgot to mention, there were things that I had them change, like the back and few other things. THey followed my instructions perfectly. My only issue with the dress is with the flowers. I didn't think they would be very good, but I have other ones that I got off etsy that I will have attached anyways!! I should get it next week, so hopefully it fits as great as it looks!!

            #1226 klarson

            klarson
            • Jr. Member
            • 153 posts

              Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

              I am glad to hear it and the dress looks beautiful!! I will be ordering from her soon, I am just trying yo decide between 2 dresses.

              #1227 -ballerina-

              -ballerina-
              • Newbie
              • 15 posts

                Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 007bride
                Did you give them any pics of the bodice you wanted or did you just describe it to them? Did you want the gathering at the top?
                =)) I send them the picture of the other dress with the grey ribbon. Yeah, I love such gatherings on the breast area!! But I couldn't find a pic of these gatherings, so I just described it to gianinar.
                I should say, they didn't understand me at first (and I had foreseen that!! that's why I asked them to send me a pic of the gatherings as soon as they are ready). So the first time they were way off my desires, but then they remade the dress and the top turned out perfect!!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 007bride
                You really do look amazing in that dress! Your waist looks so small & it looks like it fits your figure better than the original dress & model! Looks like your wedding is coming up soon I'm sure you're getting really excited!!!
                Oh, thank you, 007bride!!!
                I was really happy with my dress!! It does fits me well, but I never tried the original dress on. I just picked this particular gown on the internet =) Are you going to order a similar one?

                Yeah, my wedding is in two days!!!! I am excited and nervous!! Hope everything goes well =))))

                #1228 hockeymom97

                hockeymom97
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,458 posts

                  Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by futuremrskyle
                  Hi Everyone,
                  I looked at this post a couple of times when I was doing my research on gianinar and you girls affirmed my decision to go with them! Well, it paid off, I just received my proof pics and they are amazing! I thought I would put them up to set some hearts to rest!
                  The first is the original; it was a La Sposa design.
                  Wow - your dress is amazing and it looks like they did a great job on it as well! Congrats!
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

                  #1229 RunningBride24

                  RunningBride24
                  • Member
                  • 539 posts

                    Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

                    Just checked in with them and STILL 10-15 days before I get pictures. Tomorrow will be 30 days. I'm getting so anxious!!!!!
                    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

                    #1230 D14me

                    D14me
                    • Newbie
                    • 26 posts

                      Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

                      Mimi83...Your dress is gorgeous




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)