Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1101 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

I think it is a bit split. Some of the ladies measured themselves using the instructions Gianninar sent and I think some ladies had someone measure them. Of course if you know someone who is good at that stuff it may be good to have them measure you since especially in measuring the length it may be difficult to do on yourself.

#1102 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
    • 167 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

Janine--Thanks for your response. The only thing Im afraid of is all the bust measurements...I don't want to mess that part up! This is probably the stupidest question do you measure with or without a bra?

#1103 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

That part I am not sure about but since I have been measure by someone else I would say measure with whatever you will be wearing. I was planning on wearing a corset underneath and so I made sure to be measure with it because it is padded. If you know you will be wearing a bra under your dress or a padded bra then definitely measure in it.

Attached Files

#1104 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
        • 167 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

ok thank you :)

#1105 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
          • 167 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

I did some research, looks like I should wear any undergarments I would wear with the dress and then measure.

#1106 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

Yes wear any under garments you plan on wearing (or similar) and any shoes. Cause if you plan on wearing a shoe with 2 inch heel and then they make it for that but you really wear a shoe that was 4 inches your dress will look short.

#1107 Cindy*

Cindy*
              • 2,655 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

Definitely measure with the undergarments you plan to wear with the dress. For instance, my dress is low back so I am wearing a low back bustier. With the bustier on, my chest size is almost two inches bigger than when I'm wearing just a normal bra so if I have measured without it, I wouldn't have fit the dress properly.

#1108 Mimi83

Mimi83
                • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

Oh, my gosh, Cloudshow (the eBay seller who's making my dress) just messaged me to say that she has shipped out my dress today! I'm so nervous. There's going to be a lot of fervent praying going on from now until the dress arrives.

#1109 pamphilia

pamphilia
                  • 362 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mimi83
                    Oh, my gosh, Cloudshow (the eBay seller who's making my dress) just messaged me to say that she has shipped out my dress today! I'm so nervous. There's going to be a lot of fervent praying going on from now until the dress arrives.
                    exciting mimi!! can't wait to see it!
                    ~pam

#1110 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
                    • 167 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mimi83

How exciting! Keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users