Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1021 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Ballerina I am so thrilled that you are happy with your dress. Lolita: poly satin is what you wanted right? So glad responses to Gianinar are heading back in a positive direction again.

#1022 Lolita29

Lolita29
    • 426 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JanineA
      Ballerina I am so thrilled that you are happy with your dress. Lolita: poly satin is what you wanted right? So glad responses to Gianinar are heading back in a positive direction again.
      I just dont want it to be stiff, it's a flowy dress, but im scared to order it from them, i just dont want to order it, get it and hate it. I've had such bad luck finding a dress. This is the dress i want made.

Sottero and Midgley Wedding Dresses - Style VSM7012

#1023 BARBARA

BARBARA
      • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

I would just take it to a dry cleaner--that's the safest way. You could get a home dry cleaning kit and just be very careful. The dry cleaner can also "preserve" it for you. You can wrap it in acid free tissue and store it in an air tight container.

prom dresses

#1024 coolashellmel

coolashellmel
        • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hello Ladies! I found this thread after looking at lightinthebox.com for a dress. They have a great selection but, I haven't seen much of the dresses IRL. Since all the great reviews for gianiar bridal, I decided to email them, just to get a quote for some of the dresses they already had on their site. SO CHEAP! I haven't decided what I want yet but, they seem like decent quality. Has anyone gotten the "fabric samples" they advertise? After reading about the poly satin/taffeta being hot and some not shiny and all that; I'm thinking I should check out the fabric first.
          -MEL

#1025 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
          • 860 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

Lolita29 - love love that dress!

#1026 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
            • 860 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Ballerine, you're dress looks so so good on you, i love it! I hope to choose a TTD dress soon adn will post pics.

#1027 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
              • 418 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Ahhhh excited!!! My dress shipped from gianinarbridal 3 days ago the status on the shipping says its now in London!

Hopefully get it tomorrow!! x

#1028 Mimi83

Mimi83
                • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

Well, I've just ordered this Jim Hjelm 8800 knockoff from an eBay seller yesterday, and I'm already experiencing all kinds of anxiety!
                  What if it won't fit? What if it'll turn out ugly? What if the fabric will look super shiny?

This seller is Cloudshow on eBay, and has 100% positive feedback, so that helps alleviate my fear somewhat, but I'm still so worried. I'll keep you guys updated.
                  I'm already looking into how to file a complaint with PayPal, for just in case. Lol.

Click the image to open in full size.

#1029 pamphilia

pamphilia
                  • 362 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by roxmysockz
                    Ahhhh excited!!! My dress shipped from gianinarbridal 3 days ago the status on the shipping says its now in London!

Hopefully get it tomorrow!! x
                    EEEEEK! so exciting!! i can't wait to see it!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mimi83
                    Well, I've just ordered this Jim Hjelm 8800 knockoff from an eBay seller yesterday, and I'm already experiencing all kinds of anxiety!
                    What if it won't fit? What if it'll turn out ugly? What if the fabric will look super shiny?

This seller is Cloudshow on eBay, and has 100% positive feedback, so that helps alleviate my fear somewhat, but I'm still so worried. I'll keep you guys updated.
                    I'm already looking into how to file a complaint with PayPal, for just in case. Lol.
                    that dress is STUNNING!!! i hope it is perfect!
                    ~pam

#1030 mimi73

mimi73
                    • 282 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mimi83

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Hi Mimi83, love the dress!... and just had to say that I also ordered a Jim Hjelm dress knockoff (8801) from Ebay. I thought it was kinda funny that our login names are so similar and that we have both picked the same designer :)
                      Good luck on everything, I am sure it will be fine, but I do agree, it is super stressful!
                      http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users