Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#991 mimi73

mimi73
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

so the proof pics look super squishy. Don't know if I did something wrong! :)
    I am actually 5'9", so the dress is longer and skinnier than it looks here!
    http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#992 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
    • 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mimi73
      so the proof pics look super squishy. Don't know if I did something wrong! :)
      I am actually 5'9", so the dress is longer and skinnier than it looks here!
      If you don't mind me asking what material did they use?

#993 mimi73

mimi73
      • 282 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by A_J_Mitchell
        If you don't mind me asking what material did they use?
        Polyester taffeta.

#994 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
        • 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

I'm getting worried about the fabric, they are making this dress for me in what Gianinar calls "softer and thinner satin"

Column Wedding Dresses

I asked Gianinar if the taffeta would be better and the response was "we will make your dress in softer and thinner satin"...

#995 mimi73

mimi73
          • 282 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
            I'm getting worried about the fabric, they are making this dress for me in what Gianinar calls "softer and thinner satin"

Column Wedding Dresses

I asked Gianinar if the taffeta would be better and the response was "we will make your dress in softer and thinner satin"...

Yikes... that answer seems pretty vague :S I think the language barrier is a huge stressor!
            I remember them saying my dress needed to be made in taffeta as it would hold the shape better. I am not sure what 'softer and thinner satin' means, but I am sure it will be good (The dress is gorgeous, by the way!) Most girls seem quite happy with their dresses.

I have just sent an email asking if the beading just wasn't done yet in case I wanted changes made. I guess I just take my chances now. I am also waiting on another dress from China that I bought through ebay. It should be here soon.... ARRRGH! stress!!!

#996 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Ok so I couldn't get my get a picture of the dress so here is the link to my TTD from Nordstrom's website.

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - View All - Nordstrom

I love it!!!! Its light and comfotable and well since I had my coupon the price was fantastic!
              Pam: you are right no more wondering to Gianinar or not to Gianinar...lol!

#997 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
              • 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JanineA
                Ok so I couldn't get my get a picture of the dress so here is the link to my TTD from Nordstrom's website.

I love it!!!! Its light and comfotable and well since I had my coupon the price was fantastic!
                Janine, you won't even believe that's the SAME dress I have!! I originally bought this one months ago and was going to wear this dress for my ceremony but then wanted something a little different. Of course, I still have this dress in case the one I'm getting made doesn't come out so great.. :)
                You are right, it is a lightweight comfy dress.

#998 pamphilia

pamphilia
                • 362 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

janine - very nice! looks so comfy!

mimi - your dress looks nice! you are probably right about them holding off on the beading in case they needed to change anything...but always best to clarify!
                  ~pam

#999 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
                    Janine, you won't even believe that's the SAME dress I have!! I originally bought this one months ago and was going to wear this dress for my ceremony but then wanted something a little different. Of course, I still have this dress in case the one I'm getting made doesn't come out so great.. :)
                    You are right, it is a lightweight comfy dress.
                    When I tried it on I just couldn't resist getting it. Its not my ceremony dress though, this is my TTD. You know what they say...great minds think alike. Lol!

#1000 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                    • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JanineA

Ok SO frustrated. They emailed me on May 3rd and said it would be ready in 3 days. I emailed them 2 nights ago and they have not responded!!!

Janine- I should have totally gotten this dress. Gorgeous!!!!! and mine is kind of like it.
                      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                      Non-Pro Pics:
                      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users