Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

Trivera - it was $116 with free shipping.  I tried it on, but my daughter (10) couldn't get the zipper past a tricky seam and I didn't want to risk breaking the zipper.  So as soon as I can find someone besides my fiance to zip it for me, I'll post pics of me in it.  In the meantime, here are a couple of pics of the dress hanging in my son's room (messy, sorry).

 

700

700

 

It obviously needs steamed/pressed, but it's made so well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MissJali - Thanks!  What a great pick me up to hear someone likes my dress!!  Have been feeling some dress regret in the past week - With only 9 days before the wedding - that is a scary feeling!! haha

 

Anyways, I bought my dress in the summer - I didn't have any upgrades, it came with the belt and the underskirt and I order a simple veil ($20) - In total, I believe it came to about $550 - Just so you know an approximate amount you'll be looking at!

 

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

 

OK Ladies- I need your help.

 

I ordered a dress from Wonderxue of Etsy for my Trash the Dress dress.

 

I gave her these photos:

This was to be the top:

400

 

This to be the bottom:

400

400

 

All organza with a white sash and white flower

 

I asked if it was possible to make it a slight mermaid a little fitted through the hips, after some back and forth i decided to NOT do the fitted as I was nervous her making it without a picture AND i thought it would be better to be flowy for my underwater photoshoot.

 

I just recieved her photos on the almost finished dress (Missing flower)

 

Here they are:

700

700

700

700

700

700

 

As you can see it is defineately a MERMAID Style!!

 

Although i dont mind the dress at all- I am worried it will be too constricting for the underwater photo shoot?!

 

So do i ask her to fix it risking it what might happen to the quality or do i leave it as is?

 

So torn...

 

And for those of you who are wondering the dress cost $220 USD

 

 

Suggestions on what to do as well as anyother changes alterations I may be missing would be greatly apprecated!

 

Thanks all!

Here is an update to my last post!. I did ask the seamstress to take out the dress a little bit so it wasnt so "mermaid" and she has shipped me the dress, here it is:

700

700

Sorry for the photo quality they were taken on my blackberry! The dress is wrinkled from the shipping but you get the idea.

 

The dress fits like a glove ( a little big in the chest) but I will get it taken in.

 

 $220 plus $30shipping and  $20 duty = $270

 

The dress is made wonderfully,  it has boning and bra cups sewn in!

 

Very impresssed and happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

 

Here is an update to my last post!. I did ask the seamstress to take out the dress a little bit so it wasnt so "mermaid" and she has shipped me the dress, here it is:

700

700

Sorry for the photo quality they were taken on my blackberry! The dress is wrinkled from the shipping but you get the idea.

 

The dress fits like a glove ( a little big in the chest) but I will get it taken in.

 

 $220 plus $30shipping and  $20 duty = $270

 

The dress is made wonderfully,  it has boning and bra cups sewn in!

 

Very impresssed and happy!

Very very nice! I love it! Looks great on you and what an amazing price msnparty.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt View Post

 

@MissJali - Thanks!  What a great pick me up to hear someone likes my dress!!  Have been feeling some dress regret in the past week - With only 9 days before the wedding - that is a scary feeling!! haha

 

Anyways, I bought my dress in the summer - I didn't have any upgrades, it came with the belt and the underskirt and I order a simple veil ($20) - In total, I believe it came to about $550 - Just so you know an approximate amount you'll be looking at!

 

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

 

No Dress Regret Donna!!! You had the moment, tears and all!!! You obviously found the "one" Have a great wedding and congratulations!!!!!!!

 

Thanks so much for the information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies,

did anyone of you try judysbridal.com? I'm about to order a dress but I cant find a single review about them! which is wired.. they have real pictures of the dresses they've tailored on their website. I really like the quality of what I see but I'm very worried. they quoted me 520$ for
san patrick arona http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/pronovias/s2013/large/Arona.html my dream dress undefined

I alos was looking at ieieshop.com and aubridal.com both quoted me less, about 200$, but not as the quality of judy's bridal.

 

or play safe, pay some extra bucks and go for jasmine's bridal shop?
 

 

tell me what do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

 

Here is an update to my last post!. I did ask the seamstress to take out the dress a little bit so it wasnt so "mermaid" and she has shipped me the dress, here it is:

700

700

Sorry for the photo quality they were taken on my blackberry! The dress is wrinkled from the shipping but you get the idea.

 

The dress fits like a glove ( a little big in the chest) but I will get it taken in.

 

 $220 plus $30shipping and  $20 duty = $270

 

The dress is made wonderfully,  it has boning and bra cups sewn in!

 

Very impresssed and happy!

 

wow!  it looks amazing!!!  congrats!  i am definitely going to look into your etsy seller (she has a lot of great reviews as well)!  thanks!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by QueenBee88 View Post

 

Hello ladies,

did anyone of you try judysbridal.com? I'm about to order a dress but I cant find a single review about them! which is wired.. they have real pictures of the dresses they've tailored on their website. I really like the quality of what I see but I'm very worried. they quoted me 520$ for

san patrick arona http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/pronovias/s2013/large/Arona.html my dream dress undefined

I alos was looking at ieieshop.com and aubridal.com both quoted me less, about 200$, but not as the quality of judy's bridal.

 

or play safe, pay some extra bucks and go for jasmine's bridal shop?

 

 

tell me what do you think?

Go with Jasmine's Bridal Shop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×