Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Originally Posted by rawalter View Post

ok here are some pics. i tried to pick ones that show yhe dress,

aaaawww Beautiful Girl you looked gorgeous,, and thats my color theme also! i love it! now time to show this dress to my "judges"... my 4 sisters, my sister in law and most importantly the original boss "my mother"!! fingers cross,, i wanna thank you alot for sharing!! big hug

LL LL here are a couple pics of me in the dress after I had it altered to my length. I dont have in the modesty panel in the back there.
I was worried about doing a replica too! I knew it could never b the exact same and was looking for the same overall look though. I was happy with my dress. It's awesome u found the original for such a good price! Are u going to wear a crinolin or just the dress?

I was worried about doing a replica too! I knew it could never b the exact same and was looking for the same overall look though. I was happy with my dress. It's awesome u found the original for such a good price! Are u going to wear a crinolin or just the dress?
I haven't decide yet!!! I think maybe just the dress. I'm a short girl of about 5'1 and I already feel like its too much dress for a lil lady. I'm pumped I got it used... I would have been dying of anxiety had I had it custom made. Recycled bride- making dreams come true!!

aaaawww Beautiful Girl you looked gorgeous,, and thats my color theme also! i love it! now time to show this dress to my "judges"... my 4 sisters, my sister in law and most importantly the original boss "my mother"!! fingers cross,, i wanna thank you alot for sharing!! big hug
no problem! Good luck. I hope get a dress u love. I was thinking of selling mine but every time I look at it I love it too much! :) I don't know if u tried on the original but I did want to tell u I had jasmines do the corset all the way down. In the original it went part of the way then zipped. I thought it would leave more room for error and I live the corset look. Jasmines were great for me about fixing things during production. Just order early so u have plenty of time. Good luck again!

I haven't decide yet!!! I think maybe just the dress. I'm a short girl of about 5'1 and I already feel like its too much dress for a lil lady. I'm pumped I got it used... I would have been dying of anxiety had I had it custom made. Recycled bride- making dreams come true!!
I wasn't sure about the crinolin at first either. But the one jasmines sent wasnt really puffy. It was a hoop so it just pulled the skirt off my legs to keep me cool and kept the shape of the skirt when I moved. They do sell cheap ones on eBay if u decide to go that route

Originally Posted by Ortali20042 View Post

Hi girls,

I'm reading this blog for days and I want to thank all of you for the tips,

I didn't think buying a dress on-line can be so complicated, but I was wrong...

I'm a student and really don't have a lot of money to spend on a dress which I'll wear only for a few hours,

so I'm looking for a good seller on Ebay,

I think I should buy the dress on Ebay because I checked on Dhgate and almost all sellers charge for shipping, and on Ebay it's cheaper.

Please tell me what you think, any recommendation will be bless... prayer1.gif

I was going for a knock off dress since the beginning. For different reasons.

After visiting the bridal salon a couple of weeks ago I got so much more assured in buying a knock of dress online. All the dresses I tried in the store seemed to be so cheaply made and ALL of them had a tag "Made in China". And of course I'm not willing to pay several thousands for a designer dress.

My choice number one was eBay, but what put me off that idea is the sellers rarely add actual images of the dresses they made. You can imagine that the dress you'll receive is going to be as awesome as it is on the original designer shot, but there are sooo many things that can go wrong.

Then I was leaning towards OuterInner. They have lots of dresses, reasonably priced, and you can see their actual work in the OuterInner collection. But their shipping rates were just killing me. Sometimes half a price of a wedding gown.

And then I fell for DHgate sellers. Depending on the seller, there are actual images, the shipping rates are cheaper or even sometimes free, and with all these sellers you get such a choice! I've ordered my reception dress (replica of Pronovias Finlandia) a couple of days ago and will share the pics as soon as the dress arrives!

When choosing a gown, the main thing that I was looking at is "what can go wrong". For example, if you see on original picture finely defined ruffles, try to imagine how they'd look if they weren't as "accurately" made. If the silhouette tightly follows your body lines, imagine if it wasn't as tight and precise.

Just to through an example on how Justin Alexander 8465 replicas can "go wrong":

400 400 400

Originally Posted by rawalter View Post

no problem! Good luck. I hope get a dress u love. I was thinking of selling mine but every time I look at it I love it too much! :) I don't know if u tried on the original but I did want to tell u I had jasmines do the corset all the way down. In the original it went part of the way then zipped. I thought it would leave more room for error and I live the corset look. Jasmines were great for me about fixing things during production. Just order early so u have plenty of time. Good luck again!

i WISH i was your size i would have made you an offer for it!!! im thick, size 14. its beautiful! and if i do decide to try jasmines i pray to god they do a good job for me as well!

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

here are a couple pics of me in the dress after I had it altered to my length. I dont have in the modesty panel in the back there.

wow, lucky you! and i dont think its bad luck to purchase a used gown.... is it?? i think i would hv done it too if an opportunity presents itself!   :S

Originally Posted by Ortali20042 View Post

Hi girls,

I'm reading this blog for days and I want to thank all of you for the tips,

I didn't think buying a dress on-line can be so complicated, but I was wrong...

I'm a student and really don't have a lot of money to spend on a dress which I'll wear only for a few hours,

so I'm looking for a good seller on Ebay,

I think I should buy the dress on Ebay because I checked on Dhgate and almost all sellers charge for shipping, and on Ebay it's cheaper.

Please tell me what you think, any recommendation will be bless... prayer1.gif

never heard of anyone buying their dress on ebay. maybe their veil or underskirt but not the dress, maybe you should try chinese websites like www.lightinthebox.com or www.tidebuy.com or www.bestdaydress.com or www.elegantpark.com, maybe u will see something that will suit your pocket! hope this helps

wow im turning into an expert! lol and soon i might have enough knowledge to become a jeweller searching for rings and all! lol