Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I had a second look at your dress and think they need to fix the skirt. The ruffles seem to stick out a lot more than the original, particularly where the bodice starts to transition from the bodice to skirt. Perhaps they can pin them down?

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

Okay ladies, I got my mid-production photos of my dress yesterday from Jasmine's.  I looked it at with my MOH and my initial reaction was, something ain't right about it and also why does it look like it's got no shape?  I mean the bodice doesn't exactly have that hourglass look I expected so does this have to do with my shape? I have no idea. I did custom measurements but I also tried on the original dress and it definitely gave me that hourglass shape that I wanted.  I think also the rouching in the bodice is wrong in the front.  Any help would be well received and appreciated. Thanks!

To me it looks as if the ruffles in the skirt are in a straight line where as the original seems to be more triangular in shape coming from the bodice (hope that makes sense). 

Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt View Post

Sorry, but about the plastic beads again - I see that the examples of comparison have been taken down between plastic and glass...  I was told that the pearls are the only thing they do in plastic... I'm wondering if I should just nix them?  The glass definitely looked more luxurious!

So they don't do the glass beads?  I also think they look more luxurious.  However, I don't think you should nix them. Even if they do use the plastic, I still think it looks nice!

Originally Posted by xbubbix View Post

I can't fault James' communication. After hearing his explanation, I'm not surprised that he didn't know about your request about shortening the train length. What's great though is that he is willing to go above and beyond to get the dresses made to his customer's satisfaction.

This is part of James' response when I communicated my frustrations about the dress (and also not dealing with Candy). I hope he doesn't mind me posting it but I think it will be useful to those who were dealing with Candy to perhaps reiterate to their new sales rep how they want their dress made:

"Now, about Candy: I don't think she knew what you wanted, because if she did then she should have put notes in the work order describing the details you have mentioned, but unfortunately no such details are present in the work order she has prepared.  The only instructions were to replicate the dress as on this page: http://www.jasminesbridalshop.com/index.php?task=productdetail&id=11154

It is unfortunate that she had to leave, but Candy had issues which did not align with the values of our company and she was a trainee who worked here for 3 months only.  She might have told you that she understood what you meant, but she probably really didn't - this is one of the problems we had with her which lead to her departure.  I am the co-owner of our company and I have consulted customers on over 2000 dresses, and I was the one who researched/analyzed the original Gemma dress for 4 months to replicate it as accurate as possible like the original.  I know this dress' structure like the back of my hands.  So you are in good hands, I assure you :)   And I just need you to please tell me what needs to be changed at this point, and my team will take care of it - we always do :)

On a side note: this replication (the first photos you have received) did not turn out to be as accurate to the original as we would like it to be, because it was a Premium Grade seamstress who worked on it.  But it turned out that you liked most parts of it, which is coincidental but great for both of us :)

If you can continue to highlight all the issues you have with this latest photos, it would be very helpful to us.  Thank you!  Don't worry, we *will* make the dress the way you want it to be :)"

That's a pretty eloquently written response and I think I would definitely feel better about their ability to resolve the rosette issue on your dress. This also makes me feel better that they will be able to make my dress look the way I envision it to

I received my dress from Jasmines today!  It's beautifully made, but quite large.  I was measured professionally, had her double check the measurements before sending them, and just did them again myself (I'm still the same measurements).  Even with the whole corset done up so tightly that the sides touch, the dress is sliding off me.  The bust is also strangely shaped - kind of pointy and narrow.  It was also supposed to be a fit and flare style, but they seem to have made it A line shaped.  It's supposed to fit fairly tight over my butt and hips, then gradually flare out, but it flares from my waist the butt/hips are very baggy.  I sent them hip measurements, so there's no excuse why they should be so far off.  With only two weeks to my wedding, I'm stressed about getting the alterations done in time and properly.  I was hoping to avoid any alterations AND the expense of them. 

I have photos, just don't know how to upload them...

I received my dress from Jasmines today!  It's beautifully made, but quite large.  I was measured professionally, had her double check the measurements before sending them, and just did them again myself (I'm still the same measurements).  Even with the whole corset done up so tightly that the sides touch, the dress is sliding off me.  The bust is also strangely shaped - kind of pointy and narrow.  It was also supposed to be a fit and flare style, but they seem to have made it A line shaped.  It's supposed to fit fairly tight over my butt and hips, then gradually flare out, but it flares from my waist the butt/hips are very baggy.  I sent them hip measurements, so there's no excuse why they should be so far off.  With only two weeks to my wedding, I'm stressed about getting the alterations done in time and properly.  I was hoping to avoid any alterations AND the expense of them. 

I have photos, just don't know how to upload them...