BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Hi everyone! I just came accross this thread a few days ago. Right now I'm waiting for pictures of my dress from Shades of Pale and just found out that they have some mixed reviews. It seems like most people are happy with their dresses but that it takes them forever to send them out. So far Amalia has been really good about answering my emails but I'm really worried about timing since my wedding is coming up in November. Anyone have any advice? Oh by the way I ordered the Enzoani Gali if anyone is familiar with it.

So pretty!!!

Originally Posted by OlympicBride View Post

Hi guys,

Well I have had the lastest updates mid- production pics for my Vera wang inspiration 

gemma dress that I ordered through Jasmine's bridal.

Please let me know your thoughts and whether you think there are any changes / requests that I need to let them know about. Their customer service has so far been fab. Be as honest as you like here really. Is anything slightly off? I am not a seamstress so not entirely sure of what adjustments to make. Is the alignment ok? Is the bust area alright? I want to make sure there is a modest amount of cleavage showing. i.e I dont want the top of the dress to completely cover the entire breast area...if that makes sense. You know when you wrap a towel around your body and you totally cover the bust area with a towel....well I dont want the top bit that covered! I want a hint of bosom/cleavage so that it stays sexy elegant...but nothing too over the top. Do you think this neckline will do that?

Anyway, thoughts/observations please ladies!

I am quite pleased I have to say! They still haven't finished as they have some work to do on the skirt, the back etc. But so far it looks good I think. Please shout if you notice even the tiniest little thing that should be corrected though. :-)

post-49498-138622418074_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ordered a lace dress from babyonline before?  How's the quality?  I'm thinking about going through them for my TTD shoot because they are so cheap, but I don't want the lace to look like crap!  Thanks!

Hello gils nice reviews realy am a bit little cofused which better DHgate you better recommend in prospect of fabric and promissed delivary time

Hi guys, I received quite a few mid production photos from Jasmine's Bridal Shop. They sent me 12 photos all up (they are all good quality photos with both close up and zoomed out photos). I ordered the dress 10 days ago, so they are super fast. Having said that, my dress is quite simple. They asked me to give them specific instructions on what I want them to change. So I spent about an hour triying to work out things I want them to change. Here are the results.

Have I missed anything? I am happy with what they have done so far, but there are a few things I want them to change as you can see in the photos I attached.

They will be putting embellishment once they have fixed these things. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyInHeels View Post

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of ordering this dress by Impression Bridal through Jasmine's Bridal. I am thinking of using a designer grade fabric, but unsure about using designer grade craftsmanship. I am getting a quote soon.

Can someone let me know of their experience in using premium/designer grade fabric and craftsmanship by Jasmin's Bridal?

Also, this fabric is supposed to  be chiffon, but when I tried it on, it felt more like silk (it's quite thick, dense and heavy, but very soft). I dont' know how to describe that to them, has anyone had chiffon fabric that is not light and fluffy like the one I tried on in this dress?

Thanks!

Rawalter where did you get your dress? It's gorgeous and the style I want!
Thanks! I got it from jasmines. I am so glad I chose them. They r a little procure than some of the others, but I'm nothing but happy with them. I'll try to upload some pics of thedress at the wedding later :)

Thanks! I got it from jasmines. I am so glad I chose them. They r a little procure than some of the others, but I'm nothing but happy with them. I'll try to upload some pics of thedress at the wedding later :)
*pricier not procure