BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Thank you :) I really like the sweatheart neckline, its very flattering. I think the corset needs to be tighter...my sister was afraid of breaking the string or loops though. The wrap does fit weird...I think it may need a few alterations to fit better. But what your saying about looking wrapped vs sewn in. Maybe thats why it looks weird. The design shows weird in the flash...I wonder if it will look like that in professional photos. I got it to long. I had 4 inches heels on and it could be about 1/2 inch shorter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
This is off topic, but your invitations are awsome!! I've been trying to decide whether to do them or have them done and now I'm leaning more toward DIY
Thank you so much! We had so much fun making them ourselves so I recommend it. :) My sister actually gave me a early wedding gift. She had the invitation framed, it looks awesome! Ill have to take a picture to show you girls :)

Melissa, I think that it looks great! I bet no one here will ever look like those ladies in the photos - redone, touched up in Photoshop and ridiculously skinny. You can't compare yourself to that! It fits you really well.

As for the dress itself, it's a pretty good rendition of the original - the main difference seems to be the fabric. Yours seems to have no beading. How does the quality feel?

I think it looks so nice and flattering on you!! It looks a bit different then the original but thats to be expected with any knock-off. Its beautiful and the quality looks great :) Good pick!!

Melissa it looks beautiful! and you look beautiful in it! The sweetheart neckline was a great addition - adds a little va-va-voom :)

I agree about it being done up tighter. There has been a massive difference when i'm dress shopping between someone who really knows what they are doing with a lace-up corset back, and those who dont. Get your sister to go dress shopping with you (pretending you don't already have an amazing dress) and get her to be (sneaky) super watchful of how they do up the corset - its not all about tightness either - its also about the ratio along the lenths - my dresser was telling us that the top one should be twice the width apart as the one right the the part where your waist clinches, and then get bigger from there - she said thats how you create the hourglass. I was totally against strapless dresses until she showed me the difference between brides who just yank them closed as tight as possible (not shapely, side boob etc) and those who use it to create the shape... I'm sure with practice she will be able to master it, and I think you will be happier with your shape in the dressa nd the way it sits when its done up perfectly :)

You have so convinced me to get one too :)

Islandbride - Can't wait to see yours! :) How have you found the customs in OZ - are you getting charged??

Here you go girls!!!

I am super dooper happy with my second dress made from LANDYBRIDAL.

It is a bit big around the chest which I will just have taken in before the wedding, fits perfectly everywhere else. (I had it made in a standard size, hence why its a bit big up top)

I also requested a deep sweetheart and was very happy with the way they did it.

I cannot recommend them enough!!

I was a bit iffy about a mermaid style dress as Im not skinny and have curves. Just need some toning in my upper half and I will be 100% happy :)

Joe - No probs with Australian Customs, this is my second dress through and I havent paid anything. I think it has to be over a certain amount before you get charged.

Pls excuse my yucky hair and stupid faces haha

This is the dress on the model:

Click the image to open in full size.

Now on me:

Melissa,

I think the dress fits you great!! I just think there may be a difference in materials...could that be what is bothering you? Otherwise...they did a pretty good job and you look good in the dress!!