Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

Hi girls! I am in LOVE with this Sottero & Midgley dress. (Not sure if the pictures will show up or not). I really want to have Gianinar remake it. What are your thoughts? Do you think they can get it close to this? I'm really stressing out so if you have ANY suggestions or experience with Gianinar please PM me. I'm not trying to be a topic stealer, I just need some help from those who have already done this.

 

THanks so much! Any help is appreciated! :)

 

Nikki

LL

LL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
Hi girls! I am in LOVE with this Sottero & Midgley dress. (Not sure if the pictures will show up or not). I really want to have Gianinar remake it. What are your thoughts? Do you think they can get it close to this? I'm really stressing out so if you have ANY suggestions or experience with Gianinar please PM me. I'm not trying to be a topic stealer, I just need some help from those who have already done this.

THanks so much! Any help is appreciated! :)

Nikki
This it? smile72.gif

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..based on that dress that KTJ posted above, and from what i have seen on this thread - i would say that Gianinar would do a pretty good job on the body of the dress, but i would worry that the jewelled straps may not come out great.

 

you could always embellish the straps after you get it though, or request more embellishment once they send you the proofs.

 

it is a GORGEOUS dress, good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT1985 View Post
This it? smile72.gif

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamphilia View Post
..based on that dress that KTJ posted above, and from what i have seen on this thread - i would say that Gianinar would do a pretty good job on the body of the dress, but i would worry that the jewelled straps may not come out great.

you could always embellish the straps after you get it though, or request more embellishment once they send you the proofs.

it is a GORGEOUS dress, good luck!!

Oh you girls are wonderful! Yes, that is the dress! I'm thinking of going through Gianinar. I'm NOT crafty or anything like that so I worry what will happen if I get it and the straps aren't great. Any suggestions? I just emailed them and sent them the link and pictures so I hope they reply. I am just in LOVE with this dress. I wanted an open back as well. I just can't justify $1600 (what it retails at).

Thanks so much! You're helping ease my anxiety. I'll see what they send and I'll keep you all posted! :)

Do you think they would do a good job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
Oh you girls are wonderful! Yes, that is the dress! I'm thinking of going through Gianinar. I'm NOT crafty or anything like that so I worry what will happen if I get it and the straps aren't great. Any suggestions? I just emailed them and sent them the link and pictures so I hope they reply. I am just in LOVE with this dress. I wanted an open back as well. I just can't justify $1600 (what it retails at).

Thanks so much! You're helping ease my anxiety. I'll see what they send and I'll keep you all posted! :)

Do you think they would do a good job?
I agree that the beading is the only part I would worry about. I assume a seamstress could come up with something but that's probably a lot of extra money. You always have the option of losing your deposit and not taking the dress too. If somehow it was me who ended up with the dress and I didn't like the straps, i'd look into some things like in the links below to just put a couple stitches in and hopefully cover the existing beading. It's definitely not as beautiful as the real thing and hopefully they'd do a good job but I think it might work if you're desperate. Haha. Good luck!

SEQUIN APPLIQUE, SEW ON,GLASS BEADS RHINESTONE PATCH - eBay (item 230411130861 end time Jun-09-10 07:49:23 PDT)

SEQUIN APPLIQUE, SEW ON,GLASS BEADS RHINESTONE PATCH - eBay (item 390152543920 end time Jul-04-10 02:38:07 PDT)

GLASS BEADS APPLIQUE, SEW ON, FASHION NOTION PATCH 1YD - eBay (item 230413981859 end time Jun-16-10 08:29:18 PDT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT1985 View Post
I agree that the beading is the only part I would worry about. I assume a seamstress could come up with something but that's probably a lot of extra money. You always have the option of losing your deposit and not taking the dress too. If somehow it was me who ended up with the dress and I didn't like the straps, i'd look into some things like in the links below to just put a couple stitches in and hopefully cover the existing beading. It's definitely not as beautiful as the real thing and hopefully they'd do a good job but I think it might work if you're desperate. Haha. Good luck!

SEQUIN APPLIQUE, SEW ON,GLASS BEADS RHINESTONE PATCH - eBay (item 230411130861 end time Jun-09-10 07:49:23 PDT)

SEQUIN APPLIQUE, SEW ON,GLASS BEADS RHINESTONE PATCH - eBay (item 390152543920 end time Jul-04-10 02:38:07 PDT)

GLASS BEADS APPLIQUE, SEW ON, FASHION NOTION PATCH 1YD - eBay (item 230413981859 end time Jun-16-10 08:29:18 PDT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjd View Post
Nikki, great dress. It would def be worth a try to have it done. Have you thought about looking for a used one?
Ahhhh thanks girls! I'm definitely going to check out those links and see what I can do. I do know a great seamstress from my home town that might be able to make some magic!

Wendy, I can't find the dress ANYWHERE around me! UGH! I'm trying to find something comparable to get exact measurements. I just LOVE this dress and almost wish I wouldn't have found it because now I'm almost obsessing over it. Ahhh the "good" frustrations! :) I have searched for a used one but no luck so far....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×