Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Here are images of the two dresses I bought at dhgate (two different sellers) I got a vera wang replica of the gemma style from linlin5518 400 400 And I got an Inbal i Dror imitation from wholesale factory. 400 400 Customer service on wholesale is great, the linlin not so much. Rosy at wf has been wonderful and replying to all of my messages and requests wonderfully, even after paying, always reassuring me that the dress is beautiful! (As opposed to the ok yes no replies from others). They are still being made so Im still keeping my fingers crossed! I will post as soon as I get them!
I've been looking into getting the Inbal Dror dress. Please post once you get it I would love to see it

These dresses are just beautiful.  I too am looking for something very similar.  With the lowcut open back, detailed straps, and fitted going down.  Unfortunately the designers I LOVE are way out of my price range.  Did you wind up ordering the knockoff online?  If so, how has the process been so far? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetheartAggie View Post

Okay - I am guilty - I, too, have been stalking this page since I tried on a couple wedding dresses (without having any sort of budget in mind - HUGE MISTAKE I MIGHT ADD) and fell in love with a couple of dresses... UNTIL I came across "THE" dress... I have never tried it on but the lady at the bridal store was telling me about the designer after explaining what I was looking for. So here is the dress I have decided on:

700    700

Top of Dress

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Back of Dress

Dress on London Runway - I just want a longer train

I have requested quotes from:

- Babyonline (no reply yet)

- Jasmine's Bridal (no reply as they are behind on their replies)

- EnjoyWeddingLife ($179)

- DressilyMe (refused to make due to the complexity of the top bra)

I am a tall (5'9") female with a naturally large chest (34D) and a small waist (26").  So I need a dress with support otherwise I just look frumpy - but I've always dreamed of having a backless dress as I am muscular (Bikini competitor at bodybuilding shows) so I consider my backside a major asset.  I plan on having a lace veil to match the length of the train.

What do y'all think?

this is my first post so it may take a while for the pictures to show. :)

Thanks! :)

*hugs*

okay so now ive got mixed feelings... i requested rates from jasminesbridalshop.com and dresilyme.com for two dresses. mori lee 3124 and soterro and midgley's Tracey.

for mori lee 3124 jasmines charged 520USD plus additional 120USD for a sparkly sash, premium grade, which brings me to a total of 640USD,, the original dress costs 940USD!!  thats just 300usd difference.. not much of a saving if u ask me and i dont think 300usd is worth the risk.. dresilyme however charged a total of  308usd.

Mori Lee 3124

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

soterro and midgley's Tracey.

jasminesbridalshop charged 520USD and also additional 120usd for full sparkly sash, premium grade. original cost 1752USD now that is alot of savings!!

dressilyme however charged total of 347usd. and ofcourse additional for sparkly belt.

pic of someone i found on google wearing soterro and midgley's Tracey along with fully sparkly sash.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

im such a HUGE fan of jasminesbridalshop.com, i did alot of research on them, viewed ALOT of dresses made by them and have been really impressed. but why are they so damn expensive?? im so mad right now cause i had my mind set on using them!!! i did alot of resarches on dresilyme also and was impressed with only SOME of their workmanship. but there prices are really great!! ok girls so sorry for the long post but what do u guys think??

confused worried2.gif

Originally Posted by brownskingirl View Post

okay so now ive got mixed feelings... i requested rates from jasminesbridalshop.com and dresilyme.com for two dresses. mori lee 3124 and soterro and midgley's Tracey.

for mori lee 3124 jasmines charged 520USD plus additional 120USD for a sparkly sash, premium grade, which brings me to a total of 640USD,, the original dress costs 940USD!!  thats just 300usd difference.. not much of a saving if u ask me and i dont think 300usd is worth the risk.. dresilyme however charged a total of  308usd.

Mori Lee 3124

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

soterro and midgley's Tracey.

jasminesbridalshop charged 520USD and also additional 120usd for full sparkly sash, premium grade. original cost 1752USD now that is alot of savings!!

dressilyme however charged total of 347usd. and ofcourse additional for sparkly belt.

pic of someone i found on google wearing soterro and midgley's Tracey along with fully sparkly sash.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

im such a HUGE fan of jasminesbridalshop.com, i did alot of research on them, viewed ALOT of dresses made by them and have been really impressed. but why are they so damn expensive?? im so mad right now cause i had my mind set on using them!!! i did alot of resarches on dresilyme also and was impressed with only SOME of their workmanship. but there prices are really great!! ok girls so sorry for the long post but what do u guys think??

confused worried2.gif

I also want to get my dress from Jasmine's but I agree that their prices are getting quite high. I started looking and following other makers because I still do not want to spend past $400 for a dress.

Hello girls. I am very very new here. In fact I have just joined the website just for this thread. I have found this dress,it is jim jhelm. I went to a store that stocks his collection and tried his dress with similar style to this picture. I am so absolutely in love with this. Question is, should I use babyonline,dressilyme or jasmine's bridal to make? It is pretty simple,no beadings,no embroidery,just laces.Need opinion..400

Hey ladies I am a newbie here. I have a question of who should I go for to make my knock off jim hjelm. There are no beadings or embroideries just laces from the sleeves and all the way before the trumpet skirt starts.i am also changing the lace to off shoulder sleeves and the back,to lose the string and change it to again continuation of the off shoulder lace sleeves and include buttons running down to lower back. I have dressilyme,babyonline and jasmine as my choice. Not sure who I should go wit. Help please.400