Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Thanks!  So inexpensive too.  Got them off of www.milanoo.com.  Used a coupon code from www.couponcactus.com.  Originally priced at $37.99, got $10.00 off with coupon cactus code.  With shipping they came to just over $42.00.  They fit perfectly.  Shipping was really fast too.

Heather

I just ordered my dress from dressilyme.  I fell in love with  Michaela 1511 but did not want to pay $1700 for my wedding dress.  I did not see the style on their website, so I sent them photo's and they quoted me a price.  I am so anxious to see how it turns out!  From what I am seeing on this thread, they do nice work.

I'm absolutely in love with the lazaro 3102 from the spring collection for my reception dress.  And I've looked around to have it replicated.

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Spring/2012/Style-3201

I've contacted Jasmine, Duosheng, Milly's, Dressilyme, Fabulous U and Coral's.  I though Coral's was my best shot since they look like they have really good lace on their site and they've made a similar skirt but they said they couldn't do it.  Dressilyme also said they could not make the dress.  Everyone else said they could.  I just don't know whom to go with.  Anyone know which shop is better w/ alencon lace and textured skirts?  Also I wanted it  made in a deep red...

I've been stalking this forum and also wedding bee for a seamstress to make a Lazaro 3201 inspired gown:

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Lazaro/Bridal/Spring/2012/Style-3201

So for I think I've talked to every chinese company on this board.  Coral's and Dressilyme said they couldn't do it.  Milly's, Jasmine, Vivian, and Fabulous U all said they could.  I'm leaning toward Fabulous U because Tony's been so responsive, but I'm not sure how the dress will turn out.  

I've also spoken to Etsy sellers Tami and Wendy both also said they could make the dress too, but at a much  higher cost than the chinese companies.  I'm just not sure what to do!  Especially since this is going to be my reception dress and not my main dress.  

I might end up scrapping the whole idea and just buying a Gemma replica since those seem to have been done very well.  Help!!!

I ordered my dress from www.weddingdressbee.com after trying on the designer version.  They did an amazing job, and I actually think I like the knock off more than the original.  I was so nervous after I ordered it, but it showed up in 26 days (I put a rush on it), fit like a glove-no alterations necessary except a bustle, and was over half the cost of the designer dress.  I don't know if I just got lucky or not, but I'm definitely thrilled.

post-54221-138622394181_thumb.jpg

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while. In the past few months I've tried out dresses in local boutiques (including David's and a couple of private ones) and I've made up my mind to order a custom made dress. The main reason for my decision is my petite size (I am 5 feet tall) and that the dress of my dream is a lace dress which is hard to alter. If I am to buy a lace dress locally (I found some really good ones at around $700-1000), it would cost me at least $500 to do alteration. I also would like to buy a high-quality custom made dress so I go through this thread carefully and try to pick a seller that seems promising.

Of all the high quality Chinese sellers mentioned in this thread, Jasmine, Shades of Pale, and Topspartner on DHgate caught my attention. Pictures of their sample dresses showed they pay attention to details and use very good material and I decide to go with one of them. Jasmine has hiked up their price recently, and Shades of Pale quoted me a very high price as well. Kathy from Topspartner quoted me a more reasonable price and even agreed to give me a deal if I pay directly through Paypal without going through DHgate. So I decided to go with Topspartner after all the searching.

I am really surprised DHgate got so little attention in this thread. http://www.topspartner.com/dress-samples.html The sample dresses they've shown on their website are so beautiful! They also got 100% positive feed back on DHgate. I guess this is probably their price is a higher than most other DHgate seller. But I think you get what you paid for! I've had a good communication with Kathy, and I just received my dress yesterday after one and half month I placed my order. I have to say my dress is astonishingly beautiful. The material and workmanship is so nice that I feel the quality is so comparable to the dress in local boutiques. The french lace is very delicate and soft, and satin layer is heavy all indicative of top-tier material (at least from what I can see). The dress is fully lined and boned (13 bones in total) and fit me like a glove. It also looks so much like the original dress because they've paid attention to details and didn't cut corners.

I will post some pictures once I get back home today.

Originally Posted by juliboley View Post

I ordered my dress from www.weddingdressbee.com after trying on the designer version.  They did an amazing job, and I actually think I like the knock off more than the original.  I was so nervous after I ordered it, but it showed up in 26 days (I put a rush on it), fit like a glove-no alterations necessary except a bustle, and was over half the cost of the designer dress.  I don't know if I just got lucky or not, but I'm definitely thrilled.

Beautiful!

post-35335-138622394221_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't do it if I were you. I have had nothing but a horrible experience with them and I still have no dress.

I started communicating with Amalia in August 2011 about a dress. After going back and forth for about a month (communication was absolutely great and she understood everything and explained it all back to me very well). I told her I would order it in February 2012 and she suggested that was a good time to order because I would beat the busy wedding season. (my wedding is 8/31/2012)

I ordered the dress on February 15th and was told it would be 6-8 weeks before I received it. I sent an email about mid point asking about the progress of the dress and if there were pictures for me to see. No answer. At the 4 week mark, I was still sending emails and finally someone answered and told me I would receive my dress between April 5th and April 12th. I asked them about pictures and whether I would see pictures. No response. April 5th and 12th came and went. Still nothing from no one. At this point I am emailing everyday. Finally in mid May I get an email from Grace telling me that Amalia is on maternity leave. I explained my frustration to her and told her that I needed the dress by June 1st so I could send pictures to the person making the cake topper. She assured me (even exchanged 5 different emails with me that day) that I would have pictures by the end of the week. Of course the end of the week came and nothing. June 1st came and nothing.

At this point I am sending emails every day simply asking if I need to get a Plan B because I didn't want to be without a dress. In the meantime I start looking elsewhere. I sent the same mock up to Jasmines and got a quote. I made one little change. I sent the change to Shades of Pale on the same day (June 3rd). I received an email from SOP on June 9th apoligizing because they were short of English speaking staff and that's why there has been a lack of communication (I am still trying to wrap my head around why that makes a difference because I thought the person handling all the customer service emails regarding the dresses simply told the seamstresses what needed to be done. I didn't think the seamstress would need to know English to understand my email.....but I am still confused on that). She said they would "take the skirt off and make it like I want it". I responded back and told her there was no need because I had already made plans to get another dress. I told them they didn't need to finish the dress because I wouldn't be paying the remaining balance and I was in the process of opening a dispute through PayPal.

I received an email a week later telling me that they don't give refunds and that they would be finished with the dress the very next day so why don't I look at it and just see if I like it. I didn't respond and guess what? The next day has come and gone and I still haven't seen pictures of the dress.

All this and I ordered the dress back in February.

Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe View Post

I wouldn't do it if I were you. I have had nothing but a horrible experience with them and I still have no dress.

I started communicating with Amalia in August 2011 about a dress. After going back and forth for about a month (communication was absolutely great and she understood everything and explained it all back to me very well). I told her I would order it in February 2012 and she suggested that was a good time to order because I would beat the busy wedding season. (my wedding is 8/31/2012)

I ordered the dress on February 15th and was told it would be 6-8 weeks before I received it. I sent an email about mid point asking about the progress of the dress and if there were pictures for me to see. No answer. At the 4 week mark, I was still sending emails and finally someone answered and told me I would receive my dress between April 5th and April 12th. I asked them about pictures and whether I would see pictures. No response. April 5th and 12th came and went. Still nothing from no one. At this point I am emailing everyday. Finally in mid May I get an email from Grace telling me that Amalia is on maternity leave. I explained my frustration to her and told her that I needed the dress by June 1st so I could send pictures to the person making the cake topper. She assured me (even exchanged 5 different emails with me that day) that I would have pictures by the end of the week. Of course the end of the week came and nothing. June 1st came and nothing.

At this point I am sending emails every day simply asking if I need to get a Plan B because I didn't want to be without a dress. In the meantime I start looking elsewhere. I sent the same mock up to Jasmines and got a quote. I made one little change. I sent the change to Shades of Pale on the same day (June 3rd). I received an email from SOP on June 9th apoligizing because they were short of English speaking staff and that's why there has been a lack of communication (I am still trying to wrap my head around why that makes a difference because I thought the person handling all the customer service emails regarding the dresses simply told the seamstresses what needed to be done. I didn't think the seamstress would need to know English to understand my email.....but I am still confused on that). She said they would "take the skirt off and make it like I want it". I responded back and told her there was no need because I had already made plans to get another dress. I told them they didn't need to finish the dress because I wouldn't be paying the remaining balance and I was in the process of opening a dispute through PayPal.

I received an email a week later telling me that they don't give refunds and that they would be finished with the dress the very next day so why don't I look at it and just see if I like it. I didn't respond and guess what? The next day has come and gone and I still haven't seen pictures of the dress.

All this and I ordered the dress back in February.

I thought I was quoting your post but I am speaking of my experience with Shades Of Pale.