Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I decided at the last minute not to go with Shades of Pale and am sending my measurements Monday to Gianinar Bridal instead.  Thank you to Campbellk81 for the warning with Shades of Pale.  Very glad I saw your post before I sent them any money.

I will post with pictures once I receive proofs from Gianinar Bridal.

Thanks to all the brides who posted.

Heather

My wedding is this SATURDAY!! I am so excited. I got my dress from Shades of Pale about a month ago.. Its amazing. Exactly the dress I wanted and great fabric. I would go with them again in a heartbeat! Just letting all you brides out there know. That with them if your wedding is in may tell them it in March. I told them my wedding was the first week of april and I got the dress 2 days before my "wedding day" which would of left no time for alterations and the dresses will always need alterations. I sent my exact measurments and when I asked why it wasnt fitting me right I was told because they make everything like an inch to big. Mine was so big that the seamstress took it from a corset back to a zipper half way up. But I would def. do it all again with SOP. You just have to give them a deadline 2 months before your wedding day!

Has anyone else ordered a dress from lightinthebox.com? I think I have only seen one other post on them. They have a dress that I want but not sure since I havent read much on them.[/quohte] One of the girls I work with bought two wedding gowns smothered daughter bought a prom dress from them. They both loved them!

Hi, ladies well it has taken me awhile to make my first post. I purchased my wedding dress well 2 wedding dresses now going on 3 from babyonline from dhgate. This has been a painful process. My inspiration dress was a lazaro pictures to follow. Now first dress was ordered over the chinese new year dress was sent with out the pictures I requested made me nervous right away. Dress finally arrived and we missing the one thing I loved the most the train, no sweetheart neckline as well beading to me looked a little cheap. So emailed right away they began the process to work out deal with me So instead of returning the first dress I was given second dress at discounted price ( afraid to return and wind up with no dress) Now process starts again once again no pictures camera was broken so I told her just inspect dress make sure there is a train she says yes there is I told her to send dress. Received dress train there but lovely black marker on dress. The skirt also does not lay flat so thats another problem. I left negative feedback I actually recieved a call from China asking me to remove and they will give me free dress (catch I have to pay for shipping) picked different dress and now in 2 weeks we will see how it turns out.

Inspiration dressbabyonline front.jpgbabyonline back.jpg

dress that I received number 1

026.JPG024.JPG027.JPG030.JPG

And dress number 2... other than the black mark not sure if I may be being to picky....

055.JPG060.JPG064.JPG066.JPG

Now in two weeks I will have my 3rd and final dress love it or not it will be the one I wear for my 3rd dress I went with a different more simple dress same designer just more simple.

newd.jpg

Well, my wedding dress from Shades of Pale arrived today and it was not good.  Keep in mind that I paid for "highest accuracy", which they describe as 97-99% like the inspiration dress - and this basically doubles the price from the "normal accuracy" cost.

fullllength.jpg

I'm not sure how clear it is in the photos, but there are some real problems:

- The sleeves are not half-length, but full-length (and flimsy as heck, the left one has a small run in it already)

- The beading is different (this wouldn't have bothered me too much if it weren't for the other problems)

- The skirt isn't centered - it's off by at least an inch

- The shoulders were sewn onto the outside of the dress - you can see it more clearly in the image below:

shouldercompare.jpg

That is such an unprofessional rookie mistake - I was shocked when I saw it!

Now, had I paid the normal accuracy rate I would pretty much expect what I got.  But for what I paid I think this is completely unacceptable - especially since the dress arrived past my wedding deadline of May 9th!!!  It'll be extremely expensive to get altered here, and I doubt they'd be able to finish on time.

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SHADES OF PALE, I HOPE THAT YOU'LL EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.