Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Hi Trivera, I bought a dress from dressilyme.com so if you are interested in this company then you can read my post on few pages ago and I'm willing to answer questions if I can help. What kind of dress are you interested in? What is your price range? Have you tried on dresses?  These are things you should first look into.

Read as much of this thread as you can even if it takes days because there are so many chinese sellers on this thread. I would also look at other wedding forums and see what other brides have said. You want to be really confident and understand the risk that is involved in buying a knock-off dress. It took me about a year to choose a seller. I based a lot of on the number of reviews I could find online and how happy the girls seemed to be about there dresses. Make sure you look at real dresses and compare them to the inspiration dress. It won't be perfect but it should be at least 95% perfect. Read sellers policies and ask to see pictures of  real dresses that are similar to what you are looking for or even if they have made the dress before. Get professional measurements done and double check them. The key to success on your part is  to do lots of research and make your own decision. Good luck in your search, and keep us updated on what you're thinking and your decision!!!!!

Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

Hmmm, Not sure who this piggy person is but I am looking for the Knock off dresses forum....can someone please direct me there Puhhhleasse???!!!

Lindy S, I think the dress is great! I love the rushing and the skirt. I looked into shades of Pale also but I didn't go with them because they didn't list their prices. Maybe in your final post on this dress you could include this kind of information so that it can help other brides in the future. Congratultions so far on getting a beautiful dress. Please keep us updated on the alterations, shipping time, fitting of the dress and quality of workmanship and fabric when you receive the dress and your overall thoughts about your experience and dress. cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Lindy S View Post

I received a photo of my dress today. I ordered my dress from Shades of Pale/The Little Velvet Box. I found this seller through a differet wedding forum site. Overall I have been more than thrilled with the communication with the company. I have been talking to Amalia and she is very, very helpful. As far as the dress goes. I wanted a replica made of the Allure c166 wihtout the one shoulder strap and detail. I am going to have them make a few minor changes, but overall I am really happy with it. Let me know what you think? I have asked for the sweethear "v" to be made deeper and some of the folds to be smoothed out. The beaded part is a sash that is going to be removable, and there will be a different sash with flowers (similar to the origianl dress shoulder detail) as well. I will decide which one I want to wear for the ceremony and which one I want to wear for the reception. Let me know your thoughts...all are appreciated!

New Image.JPG

C166.jpg

ok, anyone else...i have asked that you drop the topic of why someone was banned.  they were banned because they broke forum rules.  if you choose not to follow forum rules, you will get banned as well.  I do not care that you do not think it is fair, etc.  it is not YOUR forum/website.  I am the one that has to get messages and deal with complaints about pp.  i asked her nicely to cool it but she could not do so.

i have NO tolerance for people breaking forum rules.  i especially find it annoying when i post what you should NOT do and you go ahead and do it, then wonder why you are banned.  

You do not have to like the rules of the forum you just need to follow them or you risk losing forum privileges.  Is that clear enough?

Don't be jealous....they watch you like hounds in there...no I didnt get one that we would see on TV but the lady I had was nice! I tried on that dress and my mom and sister were like wow! They tried to sneak pics with their cell phones but that was out. The dress is a Pnina Tornai and it was literally 15k. It costs more than my wedding budget too. I have decided to go with Jasmine's. They gave me a really good quote on it if I get premimum grade fabric and designer craftmanship for $860...can't beat that!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

LOL! I am a tad jealous that you got to try on dresses at Kleinfeld! Did you get one of the well known sales representatives??? $15,000 for a dress??? That's more than my ENTIRE wedding budget!!! LOL!

HAve you decided on going with JAsmine?

YAY!!! I got my Pnina ordered through Jasmines as well, ordered it about 3 weeks ago with Premium craftsmanship/Designer Materials!  I cant wait to see yours!!!

Originally Posted by CaseynMichael View Post

Don't be jealous....they watch you like hounds in there...no I didnt get one that we would see on TV but the lady I had was nice! I tried on that dress and my mom and sister were like wow! They tried to sneak pics with their cell phones but that was out. The dress is a Pnina Tornai and it was literally 15k. It costs more than my wedding budget too. I have decided to go with Jasmine's. They gave me a really good quote on it if I get premimum grade fabric and designer craftmanship for $860...can't beat that!

That is great! What does your dress look like? I am anxious about what it will come out to look like! Either way I will like it I believe!

YAY!!! I got my Pnina ordered through Jasmines as well, ordered it about 3 weeks ago with Premium craftsmanship/Designer Materials!  I cant wait to see yours!!!

Thanks! Out of all the dresses I have looked at and tried on the Kleinfield dress was my FAVE!! I know that I am going to tell them that I don't want the flower made out of the ruffles (or wahtever you call it) on the train in the back. I have spoken with quite a few people and they said premium was good. I know I want an ivory dress as well. So now the next question I have is do you all think it will be weird to have my bridesmaids in ivory dresses with colored sashes...I dont know what color scheme to go with because we now have to move our wedding back...our house has chinese drywall we FINALLY won our part of the lawsuit and have our final walk through on the house on the 29th of this month! So being that we are going to be out of our house and in an apartment for a while we decided to push the wedding back...so now I am looking at Jan 19, 2013..Ok off my soap box lol! Thanks for all the help!

Originally Posted by Mayanbride View Post

Casey,

The Kleinfield dress looks so pretty! I think you should go with the premium grade because the beadings are the key details on the bodice, you don't want them to look sub-par.

The name of the shop is Shades of Pale. You can find them on Facebook. They show many actual photos of dresses they have made. Please let me know if you have any questions. I had the dress made in premium fabric with two different sashes. The total cost including the sashes was: $454. I paid half of the cost of front through PayPal and I will pay the rest once I approve all photos right before they ship it out. They do not list the prices of their dresses on their FB page, once you communicate wtih them through email they are able to give you a price quote for the dress you would like made. Here is the link to their FB page: www.facebook.com/pages/Shades-of-Pale.../196879553692866

Thanks for clarifying, they did a GREAT job, what was the name of the shop???