Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Totally agree with that!!!!! You are celebrating your love..not your size...  you should choose to get what suits you and looks amazing on  you.....I've been struggling with a different body size for a few years and I truly believe that "I am what I am and that's all that I am"  even if I'm not popeye.

Originally Posted by KittyInHeels View Post

I think women, especially on their wedding day, look beautiful and dazzling regardless of their sizes. And husbands think they are wonderful, and that's the main thing. :)

If you look back a handful of pages there is quite a bit of comment on Jasmines bridal and pictures of peoples dresses.  I ordered from them and love my dress and used the premium.  I think alot of it depends on the style of dress and what is important to you.  They have a lot of pictures online of their work and states what grade of service was used.

Originally Posted by Ms CherryCoke View Post

Has anyone here used Jasmine's bridal? If so what quality did you choose premium or designer or what?

CherryCoke,

They made some beautiful dresses for brides on this thread.  Good client service, and fast delivery.

MissKim,

I said it numerous time, husbands don't care about our weights, they like who we are in the way we are.  Otherwise, they wouldn't propose. Thus, I never understand why we got a "weight loss thread on this forum" and confusing messages like I m proud of my body, but would love to loss 30lbs before my wedding. 

It is not about weight/size, it is about healthy lifestyle all life long, not just for the wedding. BTW I envy your curve, and I am like that girl in the movie Interview with Vampire!  mouhahaha..

You dress is beautiful, is that your main dress or your reception dress? 

Ana,

I think there was 1 bride on this thread who was from South america and ordered 2 dresses from Babyonline.  You have to check with the vendor, the time to make the dress will stay the same (10 to 20 days), the shipping, usually they ship the dress with DHL or other express service.  As for duties and taxes, you have to check with the Brazilian custom.

Originally Posted by anapoa27 View Post

Girls, does anyone here live in Brazil? I really want to order my dress from one of the chinese vendors, but am worried about taxes and how long it takes to be delivered...

Ok, thx for reminding me that humans don't like their bubble to be poked by others.  I will wrap my words in bubbles next time.

Originally Posted by starchild View Post

Prettypigpig I understand the point you are trying to make - sizes have changed - but the in denial/delusional/fat thing is not okay.  This is a supportive and respectful community, please choose your words more carefully.

Praye,

We live in an "image conscious" and "conformists" society, and even tiny toddlers "prefer" good looking teachers and find them "smarter" than normal looking teacher.  My point was ACCEPT your own size/weight/...etc, don't understate it/conceal it.  Of course as long as you are healthy and happy.

As for people who killed themselves, I just don't understand them.  Everyday, millions of living creatures are fighting for their lives to stay alive, like Steve Jobs said: "no one wants to die, even the ones who believe in heaven don't wanna die to get there!".  People told me that I have small eyes, short and flat chest, and it is true, and I accept these are facts that I have to live with, ...and I don't jump off from the bridge.

Originally Posted by Praye View Post

I agree with Bride2012, harsh...  I don't believe that any form of this statement will it be a "nicer way of stating"...  Society has caused the girls, women to believe that to be a certain size or else you fall into the fat category so therefore, they should fix the delusion they created.   Try telling a girl who tried to kill herself because she was being harassed by her family that she's "fat" at size 6.... that the fashion designers fix the numbers on little tags attached to the back of the jeans to act like a ltitle bandage for her wound....

Anapoa,

I apologize if u felt offended.  Fat is a subjective and relative adjectif.  As long as you are healthy and you hubby loves the way you are, no one cares (none of their biz anyway) if you are fat or not.  As for mutant, I referred to the fact that size 14 is still a rare size for a Chinese worker/dressmaker, they can't even imagine it.  One of my friend is a plus size black girl, she went to China, and she said people (local chineses) were taking pics of her everywhere, some actually pinched her and touched her curly hair! 

Originally Posted by anapoa27 View Post

THANK YOU, starchild. This is not the first time prettypigpig refers to other readers as "fat", "mutant" and other not so flattering words. She should stop being such a bully. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and if she fails to see that, I just feel sorry for her.

"Delusional/fat brides", unite! I'm a proud size 14 and my husband wouldn't trade me for any model.

Misskim,

Not 100 yrs ago, even now, some countries value women with a lot of body fat!  my mom used this argument all the time and I told her that was the era before John Deere and Caterpillar. Until recently, our family doctor steps up and recommended her to be on a diet. 

I envy your curve, and Marilyn Monroe was a sexy icon.  Trust me, I would love to see that one day.. some inflated bras size chart too, so I can say I am a C cup! LOL

I am not trying to make people feel bad, like I said, my point was DON'T understate the measurements.  Communicate with the dressmaker with your concerns, so that they can get the dress made in the right size!

Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com View Post

If you read back in this forum you'll see PrettyPig is like that.  She is very critical of others and size standards.  We seem to forget that just about 100 years ago body fat was a sign of wealth and being able to feed your family and bear children.  Sizes have changed over the last 60 years.  Marilyn Monroe was a size 12/14, however, her measurements were only 37", 25, 36 (which is just a little off from my measurements and I'm VERY happy about that!), which is a 4 or 6 today in bottoms. 

Being a 00 and having the body of child is not attractive to me.  Everyone has their own personal thoughts and PrettyPig has expressed many times that about the way she feels about sizing and curves.  This is supposed to about dresses and not about making any one else feel bad about themselves.

BACK TO DRESSES:  Highly recommend my dress maker for curvy or larger busted girls.  They got the D cups right with the perfect perportions, the waist is perfect, and the hips are perfectly done!

For those who think I am laughing at chubby women, well, I am trying to get prego, so soon you girls can all laugh at me as my karma! LOL

I don't think PrettyPigPig means to offend anyone on purpose. As an Asian woman, I can tell you a huge part of it is simply culture. You would probably say my family and particularly my very large extended family were emotionally abusive if I told you half the things that I went through or witnessed growing up.... For many Asians, being direct and honest is how we feel we can help you. Now... don't get me wrong, lol PrettyPigPig fully admits she sometimes doesn't have the best delivery or tact... but I think you get what I'm trying to say. 

She has really given a lot of time to this forum, including countless complimentary posts, and (REALLY IMPORTANT AND BENEFICIAL TO ALL BRIDES HERE) reviews and researched information on different companies and vendors to help us all save $$$. I don't think an intentionally cruel person would go to such great lengths to give so much advice on dresses... 

Now let's all get back to those pretty dresses!! :D 

I agree that she has had good and bad advice and comments on dresses.  But calling a bride's measurements mutant is not doing anyone any good. 

PrettyPig,

Just the for record my measurements do not constitute high body fat.  My BMI is on the lowest end of average and I work out 5 days a week.  My body was built with curves the same as your body was built without them.  I  think you need to choose your words more carefully. 

I work for a wedding chapel and every day have to deal with brides who are self conscious about their body image and don't like themselves in their pictures.  Nothing is more heartbreaking then having a bride NOT love her photos and have bad things to say about herself when the man that loves her most in the world is sitting right next to her. 

You have these comments and beliefs, fine. 

Vettiebean,

My family is Irish and we say what's on our mind just as much as any culture.  We are here to talk about dresses and quality.  If she wants to say have someone take great measurements, good say it.  But don't use degrading words like mutant and refer to anyone else's body as belittling as PrettyPig has in the past.  Read back several pages and read some of the things that have been said; it will make your stomach turn.  This is a brides day to be in the spotlight and I'm tired of seeing brides so unhappy with their body that they can't see the true meaning of the day and of their photos. 

Keep comments to dresses, construction, and how we can make the most of our amazing day....find another forum to belittle and berate people and use harsh words. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

I don't think PrettyPigPig means to offend anyone on purpose. As an Asian woman, I can tell you a huge part of it is simply culture. You would probably say my family and particularly my very large extended family were emotionally abusive if I told you half the things that I went through or witnessed growing up.... For many Asians, being direct and honest is how we feel we can help you. Now... don't get me wrong, lol PrettyPigPig fully admits she sometimes doesn't have the best delivery or tact... but I think you get what I'm trying to say. 

She has really given a lot of time to this forum, including countless complimentary posts, and (REALLY IMPORTANT AND BENEFICIAL TO ALL BRIDES HERE) reviews and researched information on different companies and vendors to help us all save $$$. I don't think an intentionally cruel person would go to such great lengths to give so much advice on dresses... 

Now let's all get back to those pretty dresses!! :D