Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Bonnie,
A little off track from this forum so feel free to PM me instead, but are you happy you used Ivan?

Any feedback, good or bad? Advice or suggestions?
How long before you got teaser pics, and how long before you got final pics?

How many photos did he give you in the end, and how many of those were edited/touched up?

For the TTD, would you do the cenotes again or choose something different?

BTW you look amazing, so jealous of that tiny figure of yours. Dress looks fab on you.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

I used Ivan Luckie as my underwater TTD photog

thx!
1) Very happy with Ivan

2) He is very talented, and good!  Given I can't swim and can't stop making faces of a dying drowning swimmer, he really worked hard to get these pics!

3) I waited a bit longer like 3 months before I got some teaser, but he is TOO POPULAR, compared to 6 months of wait from a local photog in MTL, I am pretty happy.  I used Sascha Gluck as my wedding photog, and he teased and delivered in a shorter time horizon..I used Cecilia Dumas for my engagement pics, she delivered in 3 days! Sascha and Cecilia are AMAZING photogs as well.  I got around 125 pics, and almost all touched up / edited...

4) 100% recommend to TTD in cenote, it is not like u have this in ur backyard anyway. I also trashed my dress on a beach...

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Bonnie,A little off track from this forum so feel free to PM me instead, but are you happy you used Ivan?

Any feedback, good or bad? Advice or suggestions?How long before you got teaser pics, and how long before you got final pics?

How many photos did he give you in the end, and how many of those were edited/touched up?

For the TTD, would you do the cenotes again or choose something different?

BTW you look amazing, so jealous of that tiny figure of yours. Dress looks fab on you.

Thanks!

Thank you so much Bonnie. You must be a legend on here at this point. Three dresses right? And 3 photographers too?? Making us all jealous (in a good way)! Who was your fave photographer?

thx!1) Very happy with Ivan

2) He is very talented, and good!  Given I can't swim and can't stop making faces of a dying drowning swimmer, he really worked hard to get these pics!

3) I waited a bit longer like 3 months before I got some teaser, but he is TOO POPULAR, compared to 6 months of wait from a local photog in MTL, I am pretty happy.  I used Sascha Gluck as my wedding photog, and he teased and delivered in a shorter time horizon..I used Cecilia Dumas for my engagement pics, she delivered in 3 days! Sascha and Cecilia are AMAZING photogs as well.  I got around 125 pics, and almost all touched up / edited...

4) 100% recommend to TTD in cenote, it is not like u have this in ur backyard anyway. I also trashed my dress on a beach... 

I feel that if you order online you need to give them your measurements. Going by the standard sizing chart is not always the best option. But the money you can save is a very attractive.

You can check out www.goodgoodschina.com and see what you think.

So help form all who used DHGate.  I purchased the dress for 135.70 including free shipping as it said in the ad at the time.  Now that the dress is done the seller has changed the listing to read 185.70 and wants $50 extra from me to ship it!  She's claiming that shipping wasn't added!  I really don't want to pay $50 extra because it was included in the first price.

Has anyone else come across this and how do you settle it?

JoanneIreland,

LOL, yeah..my hubby said the same thing!  All 3 photogs are very professional and talented, given that they didn't took pics on the same occassion, I can't really judge who is the best.  My hubby prefers Sascha better, because he likes b&w pics and Sascha's editing style.  Therefore it is a matter of personal taste.

Wedding pics are just like kids, no one would find their own pics/kids...ugly and your friends and family would never told you straight out that your pics/kids look ugly. LOL

MissKim,

I paid in full when I ordered on DHGate, so I didn't have that problem with price hikes.

So beautiful!! I'm not sure you'll really know what material they used until you have it in hand. Keep us posted but it looks extremely close to the originial to me.

Hi Again Ladies, So it has been awhile since i posted any comments on this thread but I just wanted to tell all of you that I ordered a dress from www.dressilyme.com. I ordered on Sept 30 and received pictures of my simple dress today: Oct.12. My inspiration dress is Callista 9105. Dressilyme quote for the dress was $211.02 US dollars. Jasmine bridal shop quoted me for the dress $499 US dollars. I chose Dressilyme because they weren't the most expensive and they aren't the cheapest. They do have great customer service thus far. Also they have great reviews on project wedding forum. I will try and post pictures; so sorry if the pictures are really large. I thinking about asking dressilyme to add more scattered beads to the front and back of the skirt and I was wondering if they could send closer pictures of the hip detail and closer pictures of the bust. On the bust I can't tell if the larger beads are "diamonds" or sequins.  I don't want sequins so if you think they are sequins please tell memy dressilyme bust.jpgmy dressilymefront.jpg.my dressilyme back.bmp

my dressilyme.jpg

callista 9105 small back photo.bmpcallista 9105.jpg

I did pay in full!  That's the problem!  Now that it's done they want to charge me more!

JoanneIreland,

LOL, yeah..my hubby said the same thing!  All 3 photogs are very professional and talented, given that they didn't took pics on the same occassion, I can't really judge who is the best.  My hubby prefers Sascha better, because he likes b&w pics and Sascha's editing style.  Therefore it is a matter of personal taste.

Wedding pics are just like kids, no one would find their own pics/kids...ugly and your friends and family would never told you straight out that your pics/kids look ugly. LOL

MissKim,

I paid in full when I ordered on DHGate, so I didn't have that problem with price hikes.

Do you have like a reciept from DHGate or something in writing from them that confirms that you had a deal of free shipping? I'd contact DH Gate.

My normal practice is to confirm everything in writing before I pay. So I might write something like, "As agreed, I will send $135.70 for the dress and the shipping should be free as was advertised. Once I get the conformation email, I will pay." If they don't reply confirming the details of the purchase, shipping and cost, I wouldn't send them money.

KittyInHeels

Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com View Post

I did pay in full!  That's the problem!  Now that it's done they want to charge me more! 

Here is a picture of the finished dress.  If they weren't trying to stick me for more money I would be thrilled.  I think it turned out wonderful.  But I don't think I should have to pay $50 shipping extra because they may have undercharged for the dress.  I feel like I'm being scammed.  What are your thoughts?  How should I handle it?

msg1318589745933.jpg

msg1318589745258.jpg

• Like 1