Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Newbie here!  I want to purchase a knockoff of this dress

BDwiel Dress 1.jpg

I have found a few online stores that sell it so I was wondering if anybody here has any feedback?  I also emailed all the ebay/dhgate vendors you guys discussed for a personal quote

www.discount-dress.com

www.daphnebridals.com

www.shoppegowns.com

offtopic.gif Hey I love your cake topper. Did you have it custom made??

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

Thanks JoAnneIreland for the update, sorry your not happy with your dress. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. 

I guess I will just pay a little extra and go with Jasmine's. I will wait a few months though. 

Originally Posted by mafonna View Post

I ordered a dress from China. I use the site DHgate. It took less than 3 weeks to arrive. It is gorgeous, exactly what I wanted. The tailoring is fabulous, it is well made from quality taffeta. They custom make the dress to your measurements. I paid one tenth of the price of a designer gown for a stunning made for me replica.

What's the name of the seller you used?

My above comment was for this dress. Amazing!

Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com View Post

Here is my dress so far from dhgate:

msg1316866443692.jpg

And here was the original:

1.0x0.jpg

I asked to be not organza because I don't like the shininess of organze from most of the chinese makers.  The lace is soft and the dress as ordered in light blue.  They made a big deal about the quality of the sash so I'm anxious to see that.  It will need a crinoline to pouf but I figured as much.  I had the top bust made a little higher to accomodate my chest.  I would rather have it altered bc it is too big than too small.  Can't wait to get it!

I had an email from Babyonline this morning asking that I do not formally go through DHGate for refund, just to ship the dress back to them and they will refund me ..... but I will have to pay shipping!

I just replied and said no, they should cover shipping back as the mistake was entirely at their end. I took a picture of the tag on the dress which has the wrong measurements from what I ordered and attached that to the mail.

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Babyonline shipped my dress yesterday without changing the sash/belt, which I'm OK about, am happy to go buy one I like and just change it myself.

The dress showed up today, yes one day via DHL which I thought was pretty impressive.

However they made the dress with the wrong measurements!! Instead of a 32 bust they did a 36 so the top is swimming on me. The tag has the bust size as 36 and my heart stopped in case I had typed the wrong size but I went and checked my order and it was Babyonline who got it wrong. I've sent them a mail but I don't expect to hear from them until tomorrow morning.

Overall for the price the dress was made well. However besides the WAY too large bust, I don't think the dress was made proportionally. The thighs are super tight, man was it a struggle to get it on, LOL, but the stomach area was very loose. Maybe it's my body!!

There's loose stitching and beads coming loose, but honestly you'd have to be inspecting it up close to see, nothing that would bother me for pictures.

I also thought it was weird how they made the corset back, I don't think it's low enough but maybe it's just me. I was expecting it to come down low enough to cover my bum so if any measurements were off the corset back would allow be to tighten up.

The dress as it is will not be good for me, just alone because of the bust, but will wait and see Babyonline's response tomorrow. I'm definitely not telling anyone not to go with them, as I said there are good points to the dress, but am waiting to see the customer service tomorrow after the mistake is on their end.

Will keep you updated!

That sucks!  And I agree with you, they should be responsible for the shipping since the mistake was on their end. 

Obviously they don't want you to complain to DHGate about the refund, so I think you should use that as leverage.  Who knows, it might light a fire under them. 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

I had an email from Babyonline this morning asking that I do not formally go through DHGate for refund, just to ship the dress back to them and they will refund me ..... but I will have to pay shipping!

I just replied and said no, they should cover shipping back as the mistake was entirely at their end. I took a picture of the tag on the dress which has the wrong measurements from what I ordered and attached that to the mail. 

I don't know why my photos didn't come up properly. Can someone please tell me how to attach pics?

KittyInHeels

Originally Posted by KittyInHeels View Post

Hi guys, I've been secretly stalking this thread for a while now. I finally decided to join!

I'd like to share my personal experience with LandyBridal or Landy Bridal.

I fell deeply in love with this Erato dress by Elie Saab. I asked Landy Bridal to make it for me for Aus $330 including the postage (through ebay). I asked them to shorten the train so that it is long enough to just touch the floor (not dragging) and I asked them to add lace trimming around the hemline (not straight). I also asked them to not make the v-neckline so low like in the picture.

Landy Bridal was always prompt in replying to all my questions and requests. I wasn't too sure whether they were planning to put any beads (I didn't want beads, I wanted the dress to look vintage and simple), so I asked them to not put any beads about a week and a half later. When I asked them to not put beads on the dress, they were quite insistant that the dress would look better with beads and this is how they always made the dress. I got the feeling that they had already put the beads on the dress and they didn't want to change it, which could be partially my fault for not specifying, so in the end, I said okay to beads. I thought beads might look nice. I got the dress quite quickly (after about a month). I didn't like how they didn't send me the photos before they posted it even though I requested it.

Well...the dress...is okay...have bra cups and a corset like thingy inside, but there are some things I don't like.

1) The dress is too long. I wore 3cm heels while measuring, but this dress is still slightly too long even with 10cm heels, and I don't want to look like a giantess as my boyfriend is not super tall. I don't want to walk around on the day with really high heels either, I may trip and feel tired!

2) The v-neckline is too high. I measured the hollow of my neck to v-neck as 12cm, but this one is more like 9cm. This is covering my chest area too much. I made sure that my measurement was correct.

3) They put beads all over the dress, not just under mid-bust area. I initially thought these beads made the dress pretty, but more I look at it, I became worried that these beads and sequins make the dress look a bit cheap. But this could be me being paranoid. The way they sewn the beads was not so good, many of the beads are loose and threads are coming out, but this is hardly noticable. The worst thing about these beads is that it makes altering very difficult.

4) Little threads are coming out. Well, this is not a big issue as I can fix it.

5) The lace itself is not very good in quality, I guess this is why they had to put beads on to make them look a bit nicer. The beads did help here.

Well, I complained, and they offered me $50 refund, and that seemed like all they were prepared to give me, so I said yes, thinking I could get the length and the neckline altered here, and the dress is still a good deal for the price.

But the real problem was when tailors here said that the dress is too hard/expensive to alter. Because the hemline has lace trimming and beads, they have to take off the lace trimming and beads, cut the hemline, then have to sew back lace trimming and beads, which will cost me more than the dress. The same problem with the neckline. They have to take all the beads off before they can do anything, and this will cost me a lot.

It's a shame, because it is generally a nice dress, I just wanted a bit shorter with lower neckline.

I generally think that Landy Bridal is ok, have good service and they make nice dresses, just a bit unfortunate with the measurements. I am selling this dress on ebay with the hope that I can get some money back. Landy Bridal offered me to remake the dress with discounted price, but I still have heaps of time, so I may look for another seller. I inquired gianinarbridal. Does anyone have experience with them? I ordered a belt and a veil from them a while ago. Getting them next week.

post-45859-138622307062_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307065_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307067_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307068_thumb.jpg

post-45859-13862230707_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307071_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307073_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307074_thumb.jpg

post-45859-138622307074_thumb.jpg