Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Dear Ileow,

I really liker your dress.. I also love bollgowns, in my country pepople call it Cake Dress (because they are so big that you may look like a wedding cake LOL)... They are not modern, now a days brides tend to choose mermeid, a-lines, or whatever.. I regret not choosing a dress like yours because trying to look more trendy but in the end it's YOUR day, your Dream... I think you look lovely... The only change I would do is in the boobline, maybe something a little lower.. what do you think? don't hear too much opinions (just one or 2 from people you trust with the truth), choose with your heart.... if it was tooooo terrible, prettypig would already have said so heheheh.. good luck

Originally Posted by lleow3 View Post

One-Stopos (dhgate seller) got my dress measurements wrong (which was a little disappointing)- I will now have to pay a seamstress to hem it. Luckily I'm not far from a US size 4, and for this particular gown it doesnt matter what the hip measurement is, so it fits pretty well. It has a very thick satin underlayer (two satin layers stictched together) but the outer taffeta layer is rather thin. I've posted this picture in the last post.

16082011041.jpg

It did have 9 bones though, and is well structured inside.

I'd recommend Babyonline over One-Stopos based on what I've heard about Babyonline.

This company is a scam at worst - and extremely poor customer service - likely selling Chinese knockoffs at best. I tried to order my dress online - told them to answer a couple of questions before placing my order. they ignored the request and charged my card anyway within a few hours. I tried to cancel the order within 24hours as they said and realized then that the only way you can contact them is by email since they dont provide a phone number and live chat is never online ( I checked every 30mins for days). I emailed a few times and they never replied to any of them. I am now trying to get my money back through my credit card. This company also goes by  the name of endenbridal or mygloryprom. I wonder if the dress will ever arrive but doubt it.

looks great!!! Can't wait to see it on!!

Originally Posted by kjsawyer View Post

Hello Ladies! Please bare with me as I try to upload pics here for the first time.

after months of agonizing over which shop to go with, I went with Gianinar, mostly because of their pay the deposit, get pics, then decide if you want to buy policy. I'm (trying) to post pics of the inspiration dress, the pics from Gianinar  and one when I got the dress home...sorry, no pics of it on, we were in a huge rush with no camera, but It fits PERFECTLY! even after losing about 15 pounds. I made the initial measurements snug because I knew I was going to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. my sister in law just did a really quick lace-up to make sure it fit and she said that I could lose (or even gain!) another 10 pounds and it would still fit perfectly... GO CORSET!!! :)  I'm extremely happy with it! I actually stopped looking at the pic of the inspiration dress once I got "MY" dress. I think it helps if you don't compare them side by side and analyze every tiny detail and try to pick out the slight differences. I love my dress and I'm excited to wear it, that's all that really matters, right? :)

dress-sierra.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

IMG_0591-REV.jpg

Hello Ladies! Please bare with me as I try to upload pics here for the first time.

after months of agonizing over which shop to go with, I went with Gianinar, mostly because of their pay the deposit, get pics, then decide if you want to buy policy. I'm (trying) to post pics of the inspiration dress, the pics from Gianinar  and one when I got the dress home...sorry, no pics of it on, we were in a huge rush with no camera, but It fits PERFECTLY! even after losing about 15 pounds. I made the initial measurements snug because I knew I was going to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. my sister in law just did a really quick lace-up to make sure it fit and she said that I could lose (or even gain!) another 10 pounds and it would still fit perfectly... GO CORSET!!! :)  I'm extremely happy with it! I actually stopped looking at the pic of the inspiration dress once I got "MY" dress. I think it helps if you don't compare them side by side and analyze every tiny detail and try to pick out the slight differences. I love my dress and I'm excited to wear it, that's all that really matters, right? :)

dress-sierra.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

IMG_0591-REV.jpg

dress-sierra.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

IMG_0591-REV.jpg

dress-sierra.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

IMG_0591-REV.jpg

Erin,

you sounded like as if you wanna try the dress on you!! lol

Gracimurano,

You got me! If a dress is ugly, I would say it out loud! mouhahaha

I had a goddess cut dress and a mermaid cut dress, can never put myself in a cake dress, seriously, it will turn into a snowball dress on me. lol  However, you are right, it is a very personal preference.  I still remember that $8000 swifer 360 dress that someone was trying sell on this thread, and I actually came across her wedding video clip...me and my hubby laughed our bum bum off, but hey..she looked pretty happy looking like a duster with a queen Amidala hairstyle, and her man loves her duster look.

I loooove this dress...but have never been able to find out who made (makes?) it and what it's called.  For all those on this thread, any recommendations where to start as to who to contact about creating it from this one and only photo I have?!?

24722668_dYex0RaJ_c.jpg

Gracie thank you for your sweet comments! I do appreciate the positive feedback :) I looved your dress too- it was gorgeous!

Bonnie your brutal honesty is precisely why your presence in this thread is so great! And I think your pink dress was simply awesome- fun and sophisticated!

I'll be having a big fat Chinese wedding back home in Malaysia with 500 guests (grandfather had 3 wives and was very....productive- this was pre-contraception days before 1950s. 27 kids and 2 generations later = HUGE family, all of whom we'll invite.

Big fat chinese wedding= big fat ball gown. It's probably necessary to look like that on-stage, where the dress and I'll be a bit of a show hahahaha... Although as ball gowns go I think this relatively simple, so won't be toooo much of a show.

Although I am definitely leaning towards getting a soft chiffon A-line dress for the pre-wedding photos... :) Likely through Babyonline.