Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Hi ladies!

I made a post a while ago about fushopping.com where I ordered my dress, and I got my pics from them today!  I'm so excited!  I figured I would share in case another bride is thinking about using this company, they are great!  Customer service is quick, you can even chat online with them at certain hours of the day, and they're great to deal with!  I'll stop typing now, because I know you ladies are all about the pictures:

dress back.jpg

Back of the dress

dress front.jpg

Front detailing

Neckline.jpg

Neckline detail

Waistband.jpg

Waist detail

I'm so excited!  I can't wait to get it in person!  And I got a steal of a deal, especially with all the embroidery! (Which I think they do by hand.  I know the beading is all done by hand at least!)  I'm done gushing, I'm just really in love with the pics they sent me woot.gif

• Like 1

Oh I'm so glad you love your dress and everything seem to be working out for you! Thank you for introducing this company! i have been lurking through this thread for a long time and what I love about the company you suggested is their website and facebook page. I really love that they have posted youtube vidoes and that they have also come out with their own line of bridal gowns. The big thing that got me interested as well is the facebook page showing even more real gowns that show their workmanship and show real opinions as well. They seem to be plus size friendly as well which is kinda shocking considering some of the problems that other brides have had. Please post pictures of you in the dress on here and the facebook page. it would be very useful.

I'm hoping to order a gown in nov or dec 2011 for my may 2012 wedding. I'm trying right now to save up the money becausue they are a little higher than companies found on the dhgate website.

Oh question how long did it take to make and send you pictures and can you please post when you recieve it so that i know about timing. Also, if you were slapped with Canadian duty and how much did they charge for shipping as they don't seem to provide free shipping like other companies that have been suggested. when you recieve it can you please comment on structure of the dress? like if the dress has boning or built in bra! Thank you for the information and love your dress!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis View Post

Hi ladies!

I made a post a while ago about fushopping.com where I ordered my dress, and I got my pics from them today!  I'm so excited!  I figured I would share in case another bride is thinking about using this company, they are great!  Customer service is quick, you can even chat online with them at certain hours of the day, and they're great to deal with!  I'll stop typing now, because I know you ladies are all about the pictures:

dress back.jpg

Back of the dress

dress front.jpg

Front detailing

Neckline.jpg

Neckline detail

Waistband.jpg

Waist detail

I'm so excited!  I can't wait to get it in person!  And I got a steal of a deal, especially with all the embroidery! (Which I think they do by hand.  I know the beading is all done by hand at least!)  I'm done gushing, I'm just really in love with the pics they sent me woot.gif

Do not order anything from peridress or you will be so sorry you did. I ordered a wedding dress that arrived too late, had to cancel my wedding. The crinolin was ripped, left arm hole was so tight it cut into my skin, the dress was way too long, as well as too tight and i even ordered 2 sizes bigger than i normally wear. There was an area of the dress 14 in long that was not sewn, the beads were falling off, no embelishments on bottom of the dress. Paid $300 for the dress, $25 for the box that i did not receive, $10 for garment bag that had no zipper and ripped and $5 for hanger. It cost me $205 to return the dress. and all they are willing to refund is 50% of the dress. I have been dealing with these people for 7 weeks now and about 20 emails and still no refund. They are nothing but scammers. The dress looks nothing like the picture. My mission is to let anyone and everyone to inform them of how much they scam their customers. PLEASE  PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM YOU WILL BE IN TEARS BY THE TIME EVERY THING IS FINALIZED AND AS I SAID IT'S BEEN 7 WEEKS FOR ME AND STILL NO REFUND.THEY SURE NEED QUALITY CONTROL ON THEIR DRESSES BECAUSE THEY ARE SEWN SO BADLY. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO PLANS TO PURCHASE FROM THEM PLEASE WARN THEM THAT THEY SHOULD NOT DEAL WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE COMPLETE SCAMMERS. THEY DO NOT SERVICE THEIR CUSTOMERS WELL AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A HOLD OF A SUPERVISOR TO COMPLAIN YOU JUST GET CONSTANT EMAILS FROM SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Congrats!!!! It is so great to hear that you LOVE your dress!!!!

Thanks!  I'm so excited, I wasn't really expecting it to turn out as beautiful as it is :)  A lot of plus-sized gowns end up looking like a tent undecided.gif  I'm so happy that I wont' be wearing a tent!  lol

Originally Posted by exquisite02 View Post

Oh I'm so glad you love your dress and everything seem to be working out for you! Thank you for introducing this company! i have been lurking through this thread for a long time and what I love about the company you suggested is their website and facebook page. I really love that they have posted youtube vidoes and that they have also come out with their own line of bridal gowns. The big thing that got me interested as well is the facebook page showing even more real gowns that show their workmanship and show real opinions as well. They seem to be plus size friendly as well which is kinda shocking considering some of the problems that other brides have had. Please post pictures of you in the dress on here and the facebook page. it would be very useful.

I'm hoping to order a gown in nov or dec 2011 for my may 2012 wedding. I'm trying right now to save up the money becausue they are a little higher than companies found on the dhgate website.

Oh question how long did it take to make and send you pictures and can you please post when you recieve it so that i know about timing. Also, if you were slapped with Canadian duty and how much did they charge for shipping as they don't seem to provide free shipping like other companies that have been suggested. when you recieve it can you please comment on structure of the dress? like if the dress has boning or built in bra! Thank you for the information and love your dress!

I love that they have a facebook page too, it let me see some "real" opinions before I ordered.  And all of the pics they posted let me see some of the work they've done and I was impressed enough to trust them with the most important dress I'll wear in my life!  And they certainly seem plus-size friendly, I can speak from experience.  I actually had one measurement that I couldn't enter in their "customization" section of the webpage because it was an inch larger than their largest available and I was able to just e-mail them my measurements instead.  They don't always have big models to hang the dresses on to send pics (hence why mine is on a hanger) but they certainly try their best!

I will post pictures of me in the dress after the wedding, but I don't want FI to see me in the dress prior to so there will be no pics until my pro pics.  FI is very sneaky and excited to see me in my dress lol 

It took about a month for them to make my dress, but it can take up to two months.  I'm using expedited shipping to Newfoundland, which cost $60, but it's supposed to take 3 business days to get here.  They do have other shipping options, you just have to go partially through the checkout before the options are listed. BUT!  Keep an eye out for deals!  They offer percent discounts at different times (and sometimes if you e-mail them with a question they'll send you an offer!) and sometimes they've offered free shipping :)

I'll definitely update when I receive the gown, but as far as I know it has hidden boning.  All of their gowns have some degree of boning (so I read somewhere on their site) but the amount depends on the gown.  Mine will probably have a minimal amount because it has straps and is made of chiffon, but I would imagine a strapless gown made of satin or a thicker material would probably have more boning.  And they're good to work with, you can always tell them you want more or less when you place your order :)

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be hit too hard with duty!  I'm thinking I'll get smacked with taxes though, which are 13% in Newfoundland sad.gif

Hi:

I've just got three dresses back from Babyonline and have to say overall, I'm impressed with the quality.  A few points I would say is that I asked for a photo of the dresses and they sent them, which was good as they had forgotten to do a few things and one dress they had made in completely the wrong material (organza instead of chiffon) so it was a bit stiff but they remade it (after I had to pay an extra $40).  So here are my pointers:

1.  Insist on photo before they send it

2.  Specify material

3.  Tell them exactly where you want the details as even though mine had pleats on the left side of the dress, they did gathers in the middle on one

4.  Make sure you mention embellishments

5.  Remember to ask for bustle if you want it

6.  It seems a foregone conclusion that your dresses are going to arrive in a larger size than you want but better that than small

7.  Make sure they include petticoat if the dress is supposed to be big

8.  The long and short of it is walk them through every details, which I did not like doing as it seemed kind of rude as they're the dress makers but had to in the end

The quality of the material on the dresses I got is great, the lace is beautiful and the beading lovely.  I'll get round to adding photos!  Good luck.

Originally Posted by tdmaus View Post

Hello,

first off: i love this thread! I've been reading this thread from the first post til this page 331. Took me two days,but I did it. :)

I'm also thinking about getting a replica dress. I've tried on this Demetrios dress and totally loved it (I've tried about 15 dresses so far). Unfortunately, the Demetrios dress is $1400!! I cant afford that - since we're paying for our own wedding. So after reading this thread, i've decided to contact some of your recommendations for replicas.

1. Giannar bridal: very slow response, but dress quote was only $180

2. Babyonline via dhgate: fast response, dress quote: $230

3. wywedding via dhgate: very slow response, quote: $160

4. bigdaydress.com: fast response, quote: $331

now I'm just torn, since i dont know, whom i should contact. I do like the fast response and customer service at babyonline and bigdaydress. I read great reviews from bigdaydress on other forums. However, they are a big pricier for the dress. My second choice would have been giannar, but they respond so slow - I'm not sure if that will be improved, once i pay my deposit or not... who you would you recommened from your experience??

This is the dress i want, but i also wanted some beadings on top of the bust of the dress and two beaded lines going across the dress...similar to a pic someone posted earlier on the thread. 3170-012.jpgfront.jpg

For the three dresses I ordered that came to Ontario, I had to pay $45 import duty and fakey handling fees, which was annoying but not so bad.  Apparently if you ask them to label your dress 'sample' it avoids these (could be an urban legend though).

And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be hit too hard with duty!  I'm thinking I'll get smacked with taxes though, which are 13% in Newfoundland sad.gif