Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I am interested in having a replica dress made.  Here is a picture of the dress I love.  Which company would you recommend?  I am also a plus size bride so please keep that in mind with your recommendations.

Thanks ladies!4367.jpg

Hi  Joanne,

I didn't ask for anything different, this was Babyonline 'interpretation' of the dress LOL. Also, the dress is not separete top and bottom, i think it just look that way because it's a little too tight in the bottom (I asked it a little tight because I'm losing weight - I've lost 15 pounds since I first ordered the dress). I'm also planning on removing a few layers of the tule under the skirt so my dress isn't so fluffy. What do you girls think?

The V back is a little different, but actually I ended up liking even more this way. I think that when ordering a dress, if you like a specific detail of the original dress, you have to mention and insist on it with the girls.. like I insisted on the lace... because it isn't a exactaly copy..

But i'm happy with it. I do plan to take it to a seamtress to make small adjustments...

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

I agree gracimurano, it does look great on you.

Can I ask though, did you ask for the back to be different (not come down in a V)?

Also the original one looks like one piece instead of two seperate top and bottom, did you request this also?

Ginger and Prettypig,

I'm still waiting to see what it comes out of my new dress, I think i will like it better. But if it doesn't arrive on time, I'll be happy to marry the most wonderful man on planet using this dress... (That pretty much says it all, I'll be happy marring him even wearing a blank sheet!! I can't believe I only have 32 days left!

Kisses... 

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

Gracimurano,

It is a bit different than the original, but it looks very nice on u.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 View Post

I agree with Prettypig, the dress looks lovely on you.

Ginger

I received my Light in the Box dress.  I was so worried, but it turned out great!!!  There was one slight problem with it (one of the layers of organza was sewed into the dress), so I contacted the company and they refunded me half the cost of the dress.  That was way more than alterations to fix it cost!  So all in all, I got a $90 dress and it is amazing!  Right now it's at alterations though, so I don't have any pictures :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics