Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Dear Beachy:

I've ordered my dress January 23rd, and they only sent me pictures yesterday, it was a lot longer than a month, but before placing the order the lady told me it would be ready only in the first days of march. So even though it took a while at least they didn't lie to me about. Although she did told they were a little late because they had a lot of dress to be made, she also explained to me that my dress needed a lot of hand work and it's true... so maybe your dress will be done in less time than mine... I hope it does because the waiting is terrible!! I recommend to you to talk to them every once and a while, be nice to them, as prettypigpig taught us, but let them hear from you so they won't forget you! good luck! i can't wait to receive my dress.

Thanks Gracimurano. The dress i ordered is very plain and does not have detail on it other than some ribbon. I will wait and contact them middle of next week and see where they are up to. Yes you are correct the waiting in terrible!! It took me months, and months of looking before i ordered and now that i have ordered, i just want the dress now! Aw well a few more weeks won't hurt.

Originally Posted by gracimurano View Post

Dear Beachy:

I've ordered my dress January 23rd, and they only sent me pictures yesterday, it was a lot longer than a month, but before placing the order the lady told me it would be ready only in the first days of march. So even though it took a while at least they didn't lie to me about. Although she did told they were a little late because they had a lot of dress to be made, she also explained to me that my dress needed a lot of hand work and it's true... so maybe your dress will be done in less time than mine... I hope it does because the waiting is terrible!! I recommend to you to talk to them every once and a while, be nice to them, as prettypigpig taught us, but let them hear from you so they won't forget you! good luck! i can't wait to receive my dress.

Gracimurano, I think your dress looks very beautiful. I know the waiting is awful. After reading this thread I have also ordered my wedding dress with babyonline. It's my only dress, so I hope it's just as amazing as your dress!

No way! It matches with the bottom of the dress very well! And it's not like you have lace all over, you only have lace accents on the skirt.  It's going to contrast against your dress and look beautiful!

Originally Posted by gracimurano View Post

imara11:

I love the veil too but now i'm thinking is too much lace for a dress and veil.. what do you think?

Heya!

I have spent the last two days reading this entire thread (thank you, March Break!) and I love the dresses!!

I know that I am for sure going to be buying a knock off for my ceremony dress. My FI and I are getting married in Vegas in October. We are paying for our wedding by ourselves and really don't want to spend a ton of money on one day. To be honest, I'd much rather put that kind of money toward my new kitchen! ;)

Anyway, I was wondering how early everyone purchased their dresses. I have a little bit of a dilemma. Although I know that you shouldn't purchase a smaller dress with the hope of fitting into it at a later date, I'm currently losing weight. I have lost 35lbs and numerous inches in the last few months and know that this will continue until October. My gut is telling me to go get my measurements taken and take off two inches, but I'm still not sure. Even with taking off that amount, I would still have to have it significantly altered closer to the date. Gah.

What would you do if you were in my position?

Im so glad to help you out rachey, you have to let me know how it turns out for you!!!!

Originally Posted by rachey82 View Post

@Brandy Thank you so much for posting your replica of this dress! Your pictures, along with the previous replica pic you posted WAYY back in this thread were very helpful! I kept reading and reading hoping you posted again w/ pictures :) And your dress turned out beautiful! I'm having the same dress made by Jeff Lui on ebay. So far, aside from the language barrier, he's been helpful and responsive. It should be done in a couple of weeks & I'm crossing my fingers, I will for sure follow up here & on Weddingbee. Here's a pic of the Maggie original- wish me luck!

maggiesottero.jpg

Congrats! What day are you getting married? I'm also getting married in Vegas and had originally booked in October, but then the church was booked until December :(  AAAhhh, you're so lucky! Anyway, I would definitely choose your current measurements because in the end you can always have it altered to make it smaller, but you can't make it larger! Or you could wait a couple months.  

Originally Posted by KTownKate View Post

Heya!

I have spent the last two days reading this entire thread (thank you, March Break!) and I love the dresses!!

I know that I am for sure going to be buying a knock off for my ceremony dress. My FI and I are getting married in Vegas in October. We are paying for our wedding by ourselves and really don't want to spend a ton of money on one day. To be honest, I'd much rather put that kind of money toward my new kitchen! ;)

Anyway, I was wondering how early everyone purchased their dresses. I have a little bit of a dilemma. Although I know that you shouldn't purchase a smaller dress with the hope of fitting into it at a later date, I'm currently losing weight. I have lost 35lbs and numerous inches in the last few months and know that this will continue until October. My gut is telling me to go get my measurements taken and take off two inches, but I'm still not sure. Even with taking off that amount, I would still have to have it significantly altered closer to the date. Gah.

What would you do if you were in my position?