Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

There were actually two sellers that we worked with - my friend got a dress for a graduation from baihehua168 (seller name) and she loved it and said it was great.  I checked and they have only had 4 bad reviews in the past year out of almost 300.  The seller we are using is blessed.girl and they have 100% positive feedback on ebay.  I just asked if a discount was available if we ordered multiple dresses and they said definitely.  Plus the shipping will be less for us because we will have them all shipped to me and I will get them to my BMs.  Also, they sent us links to pictures of every dress they make, not just the ones that are currently for sale on ebay - it was nice to see all their available options in one spot instead of having to go through pages and pages on ebay!

Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

That's great! Would you mind sharing who the seller is? I've been searching for bridesmaid dresses but I don't want them to be super expensive. Did you ask for a discount or did they offer it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCB2011 View Post

I am ordering my dress off ebay as well as my BM dresses and my Mom's dress - they are giving us a HUGE discount which is awesome and I know they do good quality because I ordered a "try it out" dress just to see what I would be getting and I LOVE it!

I love this option because BMs can choose their own style and still have it made to fit them but I can keep the fabric and colour the same - all for less than half price of going through a bridal shop (BM dresses are going to be about $65 each including shipping!)

There are SO many sellers it's hard to choose.  Especially when there are multiple sellers who make the dress you like!  Good Luck!

Originally Posted by imara11 View Post

That's a good idea KCB2011, Im so confused about what seller to go with and who does what best, but right now I figure I should just buy it and the worse that can happen is I don't like it and use it as a TTD or sell it.

i ask bc i requested fabrice swatches from them, paid $30 for shipping and it's been over 2 weeks and nothing. i called USPS and tracked the package...rep told me the package label was made but never left their warehouse!! Babyonline swears they sent it yet there is no record of it in transit. really frustrates me because i had heard good things about them...now this!

Wondering if anyone has ordered BM dresses from a reputable seller from china? if so, who and please post pics. This is the dress I want to have made for my BMsbmaid dress.jpg

Thank you KCB2011- I'll have to check them out!

There were actually two sellers that we worked with - my friend got a dress for a graduation from baihehua168 (seller name) and she loved it and said it was great.  I checked and they have only had 4 bad reviews in the past year out of almost 300.  The seller we are using is blessed.girl and they have 100% positive feedback on ebay.  I just asked if a discount was available if we ordered multiple dresses and they said definitely.  Plus the shipping will be less for us because we will have them all shipped to me and I will get them to my BMs.  Also, they sent us links to pictures of every dress they make, not just the ones that are currently for sale on ebay - it was nice to see all their available options in one spot instead of having to go through pages and pages on ebay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

That's great! Would you mind sharing who the seller is? I've been searching for bridesmaid dresses but I don't want them to be super expensive. Did you ask for a discount or did they offer it?

Quote:

I am ordering my dress off ebay as well as my BM dresses and my Mom's dress - they are giving us a HUGE discount which is awesome and I know they do good quality because I ordered a "try it out" dress just to see what I would be getting and I LOVE it!

I love this option because BMs can choose their own style and still have it made to fit them but I can keep the fabric and colour the same - all for less than half price of going through a bridal shop (BM dresses are going to be about $65 each including shipping!)

Hello all you knockoff brides! Sorry in advance for a long post!

I have been reading this thread for a long time, and whanted to share with you my story.

I started looking for wedding dresses for my wedding next july, and found out that I realy loved lace dresses. In my country it is the most common that brides rent a dress, and the rentals do not buy lace dresses. So I started looking in to having one made in China.

I read alot of forums and reviews, and started chatting with Milly Bridal and Landy Bridal. Milly started out good, but when I asked for pictures of samples of lace they just sent a few. I got them to send my fabric samples and it took over a month to arrive, and in the meanwhile the stoped answaring my emails. I think they were a good company but are not keeping up now, so I would not recomend them to anyone.

I also sent emails or requests to alot of other wendors, Monica bridal and more. Monica only had one lace they said they could make the dress with and it was what I whanted.

Landy bridal on the other hand always answared my emails within 24 hours, when I asked to see ther lace samples they sent my a folder with 63 pictures of diffrent lace. I got fabric samples from them and it took 2-3 days to arrive. At first I was going to order the Maggie Sottero Natalie, but with some changes, sweetheart neckline, halter and more. But the day before I orderd I saw the new line from Maggie Sottero and fell in love with Beatrice. I orderd a dress inspired by Beatrice from landy, with a additional detacheable halterneck and the lace I loved.

They said it would tak 45 days in making, before that time had passed I got an email with pictures of my dress, and it is beautiful. It has arrived and is just perfect. It has great boning, and a strech on the inside to help keep it up(which I did now see in the orginal Maggie Sottero dresses I tried) the skirt is 5 layers(silky soft next to the body, then 2 layers of tulle, satin and tulle with lacey overlay).

I had given a bit loose measurements over the hips and it is a litel bit big. But fits every where else, there is still a long time until my wedding so I had always assumed that I would whant it fitted properly after it arrived.

I also orderd a underskirt/petticoat and its perfect and just like the picture.

I would recomend them to anyone, wonderful service and gorgeus dress. I know they ar a bit mor expensive than some other wendors, but for me it was worth it. Am so happy I took the risk.

LB3169b.JPG

LB3169c.JPG

LB3169d.JPG

LB3169f.JPG

Hello all you knockoff brides!

I have been reading this thread for a long time, and whanted to share with you my story.

I started looking for wedding dresses for my wedding next july, and found out that I realy loved lace dresses. In my country it is the most common that brides rent a dress, and the rentals do not buy lace dresses. So I started looking in to having one made in China.

I read alot of forums and reviews, and started chatting with Milly Bridal and Landy Bridal. Milly started out good, but when I asked for pictures of samples of lace they just sent a few. I got them to send my fabric samples and it took over a month to arrive, and in the meanwhile the stoped answaring my emails. I think they were a good company but are not keeping up now, so I would not recomend them to anyone.

I also sent emails or requests to alot of other wendors, Monica bridal and more. Monica only had one lace they said they could make the dress with and it was what I whanted.

Landy bridal on the other hand always answared my emails within 24 hours, when I asked to see ther lace samples they sent my a folder with 63 pictures of diffrent lace. I got fabric samples from them and it took 2-3 days to arrive. At first I was going to order the Maggie Sottero Natalie, but with some changes, sweetheart neckline, halter and more. But the day before I orderd I saw the new line from Maggie Sottero and fell in love with Beatrice. I orderd a dress inspired by Beatrice from landy, with a additional detacheable halterneck and the lace I loved.

They said it would tak 45 days in making, before that time had passed I got an email with pictures of my dress, and it is beautiful. It has arrived and is just perfect. It has great boning, and a strech on the inside to help keep it up(which I did now see in the orginal Maggie Sottero dresses I tried) the skirt is 5 layers(silky soft next to the body, then 2 layers of tulle, satin and tulle with lacey overlay).

I had given a bit loose measurements over the hips and it is a litel bit big. But fits every where else, there is still a long time until my wedding so I had always assumed that I would whant it fitted properly after it arrived.

I also orderd a underskirt/petticoat and its perfect and just like the picture.

I would recomend them to anyone, wonderful service and gorgeus dress. I know they ar a bit mor expensive than some other wendors, but for me it was worth it. Am so happy I took the risk.

LB3169b.JPG

LB3169c.JPGir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

LB3169d.JPGir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

LB3169f.JPGir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

Am trying to put in a post here, about my dress adventures and pictures of the outcome. Always get a note that since I am new here they are keeping it for moderation, has anyone had this happen to them before?

I had a diffrent account, but didint whant people from my home to know it was my so that my dress can still be a surprise.

Hope the post will pop in soon, sorry if it gets in 2 times. Hope it helps someone.

Primavera-

I tried on the designer made Ella Bridal 5487 dress this weekend and I LOVED it on. Unfortunately, its $1,099 at the local boutique I went too sad.gif  It felt really nice and comfortable on. The consultant was very nice and offered to take pictures... ignore the hair, glasses and complete lack of make-up ;)

Ella 5487 front

Ella 5487 back

Ella 5487 hanger

I resized these for the thread, the larger ones are on Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v394/agirlcalledbob/Dresses/Ella%20Bridal%205487/

My sister is coming to town and I'm taking her to see my short list of "likes"; however, I really think this might my dress... it just need those 2nd, 3rd and 6th opinions to tell me so :) 

Then the question will be- To replica or not to replica...

Jen