Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Sample dresses, 2nd hand dresses, replica or custom made from China are all great options.  For those who wants a Vera Wang, she will launch a new collection with Davids' bridal with dresses range from $600-$1500, a cheaper way and still it is a Vera Wang.  Of course, I also saw on another forum, in which a few brides (around the same size) all pitch in to buy and share 1 Vera Wang dress.

I just finally placed my order at Gianinar! I had been waiting and waiting and trying to decide who to go with and I finally picked them. I'm getting this dress  http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives01d.html

It's a fairly simple design so I'm crossing my fingers they have no problem! and the $120 I'm paying is a lot better than the $825 designer one!

I will post pics as soon as I get them!

-Mel

Congrats Mel! We can't wait to see the pictures.

Lisa - I thought about a second hand dress, but am too worried about bad luck from another marriage. I know it can be considered bad luck in certain cultures. My mom is going to be concerned enough if she finds out I ordered a dress without trying it on!

Isn't it great to live in a country where freedom of choice is an option :) 

I say do whatever feels right.

I for one refuse to spend thousands on a dress for a few hours when I can get two for 800.  I exercised two options:

one sample Pronovias 699 dollars, one knock off Deere Kiang, 140 dollars, satisfaction in knowing I get to where two poufie dresses in one day for 839 dollars, PRICELESS.  But that's just me cuz I'm a princess.

Ginger

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 View Post

Isn't it great to live in a country where freedom of choice is an option :) 

I say do whatever feels right.

I for one refuse to spend thousands on a dress for a few hours when I can get two for 800.  I exercised two options:

one sample Pronovias 699 dollars, one knock off Deere Kiang, 140 dollars, satisfaction in knowing I get to where two poufie dresses in one day for 839 dollars, PRICELESS.  But that's just me cuz I'm a princess.

Ginger

LOVE IT!!!!

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 View Post

Appears this princess doesn't know how to spell or should maybe stay away from the computer whilst drinking wine :) where=wear

Ginger

ha ha ha...yes I told you that if you find a sample dress, and it is within ur budget..go GET IT!

Seriously sample dress is the best option if you know what you want and like what u see in the mirror.  As for me, a size 0 or less sample dress is SUPER RARE ( I don't want a flower girl dress!..LOL), and I was looking for smth very different.  Thus I went to the second option, custom made by Chinese folks.

There is no way I would go for a second hand dress, because in Chinese culture, it is good when that first hand owner's marriage is good, and it is bad if she ends up in divorce.  Given divorce rate is like 50% here, thx but really... no thx.

Hey everybody! This thread is great! After reading through hours of posts I was totally sold on going the knockoff route. I fell in love with the Pronovias 2011 Abaco dress in a bridal shop when I tried it on but can't justify spending over $1000 of our already tiny budget on a dress I would be wearing for a few short hours. I found a seller on DHgate with 100% positive feedback named "babyonline" that said they would make the dress for $115! I just ordered it and am feeling a bit nervous but for that price it is totally worth the risk. They said it would only take 10 days to make. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!