Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I hope all of you the best in planning for your big day.  I found this web forum a few months back while I was planning for my own and discovered it to be very helpful.  After observing and looking at all the available outlets out there in getting my dress, I decided that Gianinar was the one I would go with in making my dress.  Keep in mind that I'm probably a little less picky on my dress being the IT dress and how perfect it had to be, but I had a general idea and went with the design I loved, simple and different- but also knowing that buying a knockoff meant that I couldn't anticipate a gorgeous gown either....

But it turned out, I absolutely LOVED my dress. Here's the picture =) No alterations needed, and the biggest lesson I got from it by the end of my wedding night- was that my dress no matter how much I would have spent, would've been in that "dragged on the floor, got dirty and filthy while I was dancing the night away" condition. In that way, I was thrilled that I only spent 120 plus the 60 shipping! 

However you chose, may your celebration be wonderful nonetheless, because in the end, you'll be married so no point in sweating the small stuff...

600x600_1277744683765-IMG2914toned.jpg37650_1378452979034_1163167769_30885205_921984_n.jpg

You and your dress look gorgeous!

Originally Posted by happy8shlee View Post

I hope all of you the best in planning for your big day.  I found this web forum a few months back while I was planning for my own and discovered it to be very helpful.  After observing and looking at all the available outlets out there in getting my dress, I decided that Gianinar was the one I would go with in making my dress.  Keep in mind that I'm probably a little less picky on my dress being the IT dress and how perfect it had to be, but I had a general idea and went with the design I loved, simple and different- but also knowing that buying a knockoff meant that I couldn't anticipate a gorgeous gown either....

But it turned out, I absolutely LOVED my dress. Here's the picture =) No alterations needed, and the biggest lesson I got from it by the end of my wedding night- was that my dress no matter how much I would have spent, would've been in that "dragged on the floor, got dirty and filthy while I was dancing the night away" condition. In that way, I was thrilled that I only spent 120 plus the 60 shipping! 

However you chose, may your celebration be wonderful nonetheless, because in the end, you'll be married so no point in sweating the small stuff...

600x600_1277744683765-IMG2914toned.jpg37650_1378452979034_1163167769_30885205_921984_n.jpg

Happy 8shlee - Your gown looks GORGEOUS! Great choice, I think it looks very flattering on you!

FYI ladies - Heard from Gianinar today. Turns out the dress was plenty long enough, even with the 4"heels. So they are working on my final changes and will be sending it off as soon as their done!

You guys are super sweet =) Thanks!  I wish all you brides the best!  For those who would like to see my "Plan-it-myself-wedding-in-3-months-Photo album, here's a peek...  http://weddingwire.com/hongandash

maybe sharing will rev up some ideas along the way... I sure did my share of snooping around for inspiration! <3 <3 <3 Now, I'm off to Maui... going to go get my snorkel on! tee hee woot.gif

Both you and the dress look gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by happy8shlee View Post

I received pictures of the vow renewal dress today from GianinarBridal. I was told if I'm satisfied,that they will add the sash with the flower and the buttons that will be covering the zipper.
I think the upper part looks weird with the line on the top portion (line going from top of right breast to waist area). The color is a little light for my taste too,but I can deal with it. Hopefully it's just their lighting and that it's actually darker IRL.
I've been going back and forth between pics of the original dress and the one they made... And think I should ask to add more pleating around the lower waist area (or maybe it just looks off because the sash and bow is not on there yet?).
I think they did ok with the bottom  part of the dress. I'm also going to ask them to send me a picture of the "flower" that they mentioned they were going to add to the sash.
I'm only wearing the dress for a few hours,so I don't think I'm going to go all bridezilla about the dress...lmao

Do you think I should ask to shorten the back being that the ceremony will be on the beach (on the sand)???

Please feel free to give me your two cents.

Here are pics of the original Vera Wang's "Diedre":

Diedre front.jpgDiedre back.jpg

Diedre white2.jpgDiedre white3.jpg

Here are pictures from Gianinar Bridal:

VRD00.jpgVRD01.jpgVRD02.jpgVRD03.jpg

D14me, I think they did a pretty good job.  I think it will look great once on!  The train doesnt look too short in my opinion.

Question:  Did you just send them the pic of the dress you wanted with description of any changes you wanted.  I have my eye on a dress but need a minor adjustment to it and I was wondering it they would be the route for me.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

D14me, I think they did a pretty good job.  I think it will look great once on!  The train doesnt look too short in my opinion.

Question:  Did you just send them the pic of the dress you wanted with description of any changes you wanted.  I have my eye on a dress but need a minor adjustment to it and I was wondering it they would be the route for me.

Thank you!

I sent them pictures of the dress and told them that I wanted a zipper covered by buttons instead of just buttons.

I'm going to ask them if they could add more pleats on the top portion. The first 3 top layers on the bottom portion look like they're just hanging there (not "crunched up" like in the original) . I need to tell them to change it,but can't figure out how to word it

I was planing on making arrows pointing to the 3 layers and make the request to change it. Any wording advice so I can send it to them???

VRD00 change request1.jpg