Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

D14me - I LOVE Diedre by Vera Wang....and I agree 8 grand for a dress is a little too steep for me. Please let us know if you do get it from a knock off! I'm thinking about doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi83 View Post
I will! :) I chose the color ivory...hopefully it won't be champagne or something. Lol.
I chose ivory also..it is not champagne don't worry..I asked her to send me a sample in an email. She has champagne and also a dark ivory but said most brides don't ask for dark ivory. The ivory is so similar to white but not as "bright" I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2Be21 View Post
I'm nervous/excited too! I keep emailing her pictures and questions bc I'm afraid :/

Here's the dress I'm hoping to get!
Allure : Style 8683 From AllureBridals.com

What did you ask for?
Somehow I missed this post. I LOVE that dress!! :) I have an Allure dress coming. LOL, I can't make up my mind! So this is the one I'm having made:
Billie - by Sottero & Midgley

I gave her measurements/deposit and she said I will have it in 40-50 days. Fingers crossed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
Somehow I missed this post. I LOVE that dress!! :) I have an Allure dress coming. LOL, I can't make up my mind! So this is the one I'm having made:

I gave her measurements/deposit and she said I will have it in 40-50 days. Fingers crossed!!!!
Runningbride nice dress. Did you send it to Gianninar to be made? How exciting I can't wait to see some more dresses as the ladies get them in.

Well, I hadn't been checking the thread much lately but I do have something that some of you may be willing to try, vegetarian, ovo lacto vegetarian to be precise. For awhile I weighed close to 200 pounds I had strayed from the way I was raised as a vegetarian but finally kicked that stuff to the curb, I drank nothing but green tea or water, and ate only meat-free foods, no high fat or greasy foods (take out, any restaurant really, no fried foods). And I ate about 6 small meals a day rather than three larger ones, that combined with walking for an hour a day and weight lifting for half an hour, then work with a bowflex for another 30 minutes, and sit ups for 15 minutes before bedtime. The whole matter of being a vegetarian is knowing exactly what to eat to have nutritional meals. A lot of stores also sell vegetarian hot dogs (and other meat-like products but are meat free versions) that are only 45 calories per dog, I can eat a lot more of those and keep my calorie count below what a meat product would be. Remember, different foods will take longer to digest so if you choose foods that take longer to digest generally you're going to feel fuller for longer. I dropped from 200 pounds to 135 in a couple months after going back to vegetarian only, now my weight is up to 145 but that still a good weight based on my weight and I also have a larger bone structure (I have been eating out once or twice a month, too). I'm not saying go for it but that is an option some of your could try, also try colon cleansing, you'd be amazed at how much weight you can carry from that sort of thing. And there's always the partial vegetarian diet where you simply eat very very little meat once in awhile. Look at food content, not every vegetarian food is going to be lower in fat than meat but the majority will be. Set a calorie intake for each day and count the calories you eat. Just an idea.

Quote:

That's gorgeous..make sure you send her some close ups on those straps. i'm sure you did. I sent her like 10 pics of my dress lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2Be21 View Post
That's gorgeous..make sure you send her some close ups on those straps. i'm sure you did. I sent her like 10 pics of my dress lol.

Did you go to a bridal store and take pictures? Surprisingly I can't find that dress ANYWHERE around here. sad.gif I've been looking for more up close pictures on the internet but can't find any and it's making me worry!!! I totally agree, the straps aren't exactly "simple" so I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

I think you and I should be getting pictures of our dress around the same time. The anticipation is killing me! :)

Quote:
Did you go to a bridal store and take pictures? Surprisingly I can't find that dress ANYWHERE around here. sad.gif I've been looking for more up close pictures on the internet but can't find any and it's making me worry!!! I totally agree, the straps aren't exactly "simple" so I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

I think you and I should be getting pictures of our dress around the same time. The anticipation is killing me! :)
I didn't take pics in the bridal store. But I tried to find good quality pics online and then cropped them in paint. I am so anxious too and kinda scared about my measurements being off..fingers crossed for us!!