Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Ahhhh amazingly a full 2 weeks before their quoted time Giarinar have sent me proof pics.. let me know your thoughts!

Original
Click the image to open in full size.

I think it looks pretty good!! couple of things I noticed;
  • Beading (or whatever its called) on the close up pic goes up slightly at the top middle.
  • Could do with more beading to replicate original?
  • need to check about the pockets as no reference to those
  • does the top section look quite long to anyone else?

Thanks
Roxy your dress came out beautiful. Very close to the original, though I do see the little detailss you mentioned. Can't wait to see a pic of you trying it on!!!

JanineA - maybe she's confused as to which one is which? The second one definitely looks more simple BUT I think there's a lot more small pieces to put together if that makes sense. While the ruching LOOKS more complicated on the other dress there's not much to it other than to pull it and tack it. The lace is sewn under the dress and the roses hand sewn on but not much "finishing" if you know what I mean. Whereas the Jorge Manuel has all the little parts at the top they have to finish and sew in as layers, the ribbon around the waist, the seams in the skirt to make it lay right, and it looks like there's a wide trim on the bottom that they would have to incorporate in. The Tornai is much more of a cut and assemble type dress.

I'm absolutely not a seamstress and at first glance I totally understand how you'd be upset because the Jorge Manuel does look simpler. But I think when you consider the level of small details and how they have to incorporate it into the dress it makes a bit more sense.

also, I actually REALLY love the Tornai. Haha But it's really important that you find a dress you love! Good luck!

edit: and while I can see where it might take a bit more time, I don't see how it would cost $300. I mean, they hand beaded the whole top of mine and didn't charge me that much!

KJT I see what you're saying about the rouching. And I am still blown away that they are charging me $350 for the dress. I wrote them asking why so much but haven't gotten a reply yet.All they said was they need $250 deposit before starting. (dont' understand that either cause that is more than 50% down but...) I am just so bummed right now. I am in love with the JM but may have to get the Tornai and there is just no comparison between the two when I put them on....none :-(

I would definitely talk to them again see if they come down. I mean honestly i think they would both take the same amount of time to produce. The details on each one look fairly similar time wise. But again i might be completely wrong!... Id totally "sweetly" lol try to talk them down into reasoning..

Kerry, that looks so pretty! You are going to look so beautiful!

Btw ladies, I think i stated that the were going to send me the fabric, turns out they meant they were just going to send me a picture of the fabric they used, and another option. So i have no idea if they are going to make it again or overlay it with the other fabric (hmmm, because when i asked about overlaying with chiffon, they said that would make it thick).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Ok so I am a little miffed with gianinarbridal. Well actually alot miffed. After being told they couldn't make my linen and lace dress because it was not possible for them to get linen it would cost like $400 I switched. I had found a tornai which though I don't like her style looked very nice on me. (There is a bride here in florida that was selling hers for $5000 I told her I wouldn't buy it but she convinced me to at least try it on). When I wrote to gianinar they said the dress would cost $150 and $59 for shipping. While in the bridal salon yesterday I tried on a Jorge Manuel which was gorgeous. So bad girl on my part I wrote gianinar to switch (mind you I have not sent my measurements as yet just my $80 deposit and pictures of the tornai). Well I was more than bummed out and a little upset when they said the Jorge Manuel dress would cost $300?!?!? I am so confused. She said the tornai is a simple dress and because the Jorge Manuel has applique it will cost more. Can you ladies please look at the pictures and tell me if I am crazy. The tornai is the one with the sweetheart top while the Jorge Manuel is the champagne colored dress. Which dress looks more simple?
The tornai is first and then the Jorge Manuel
I have to agree the Manuel one looks much simpler but I know nothing about sweing. OMG, the Tornai is simply stunning. I love it.

Thanks Cindy, yes the Tornai is stunning I usually don't like her dresses but I really liked this one. It is actually a Kleinfeld exclusive so it wasn't carried in her other retailers apparently she does that to add uniqueness to her dresses and the bride who had it here flew to NY just to get it. Linda I am going to give me sweetest, honey-est...lol and see if I can swway them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
hee hee yes maybe i'm long too!!

Wow ok! so quick to make not so quick to correct!! Yep I'm not on any time limit! Hope yours gets sorted soon, you on the otherhand are getting close!! x
Yeah, I guess so! And I didn't even ask for a lot of corrections....AND I told them my wedding day was JUNE 7th and not JULY 7th. Nuts huh? And oh trust me, if this were ceremony dress, not my TTD, I would be freaking out right now. pokestick.gif