Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereFishie View Post
jackie c - yes I sent measurements to them but I've also had some major body changes in the last year (66 lbs down) and so what I have left on my body has redistributed unfortunately. It shouldn't be any big deal to get it altered down the side seams. Sucks but I should have thought of that and sent my measurements to them a little smaller than I actually was!
Wow, congrats! U should be ecstatic that you have to tailor it down. I'd happily pay the tailor fee since it means you're even smaller than you thought you would be. What an achievement! It's all going to look perfect come wedding day.

hi

I am really pleased with the dress although the pictures are not very good quality. I have asked them to alter it slightly, as the dress i wanted did not have the split at the front so evident. I have asked them to extend either the left or right side so that it conceals the split. Will post pictures when i get them.

Thankyou for your comments, cant wait to see the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
Herefishie - your dress is beautiful. Is the material chiffon?? looks very light weight and flows nicely
Thank you, yes it is! That's one of the changes they made to the dress that I'm really happy with. The original dress that I tried on at the bridal store was very stiff and VERY heavy. This one isn't at all which makes it perfect for a DW!

So I finally got my pictures from Duosheng... and I think I will have to wait until I get the dress before I know if I am happy or not!

The thing that concerns me the most is the size of it! I am a size 16 and this dress looks TINY! I have asked her to confirm the measurements for me, and remeasure the dress, and those were all right - but tell me if you think I am crazy - but that is NOT a 105.5cm waist and 135cm hips! But she assures me that it is, so I guess I will just have to wait...

The original is definately not as floral, but I don't mind that... The original is VERY sparkly tho, and this one does not look sparkly - but I guess thats nothing some swarovski crystals and a needle and thread cant fix! What do you ladies think?

I just can't shake the fact that my heart sunk when I saw it sad.gif

Click the image to open in full size.

original:

My amazing shoes are another story! I wanted something a bit different for my shoes, in the colours of my bridesmaid dresses, but with only a little heel so I drew this using paint:

and here they are!!!

So very very happy with the shoes...

Gorgeous dress Jo!! I can see how you'd be concerned, but if she double checked the measurements, hopefully you'll be ok. Love the shoes too! Can't wait to see pics of you in it. OH and I'm a firm believer that you can bling anything up a bit if it's not sparkly enough wink.gif

Jo, I actually like it more than the original honestly but I completely understand the concern about the measurements! All in all i guess cross your fingers recheck again(im a freak like that) make sure they didn't screw up in sizing so that its not your fault if it comes in wrong and hope for the best. But it looks totally gorgeous, i love the sleeve detail you added!

Where in heck did you find those shoes?! Those are awesome!