What to do after legal day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hi guys,
    We're having our legal day 2 weeks before we have our DW in Mexico. It's going to be at 4:00 at a small courthouse near where we live. We've invited the family members that can't make it to Mexico to be with us.

Do I need to have some sort of reception/dinner? To FI and I, this is just signing paperwork- the "real" wedding will be when we're in Playa. AND we're having an AHR when we come back! I was thinking of just doing something simple like a pot-luck at my house, but I don't want to be tacky either!

What do you guys think?

#2 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
    • 361 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

Any ideas, ladies?

#3 maisy

maisy
      • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

I'm very new to finding out information about having a DW...what do you mean by legal day? Is it illegal to get married when you do a DW??

#4 Cattie

Cattie
        • 594 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

Maisy, a legal day is where you go to the courthouse in your town and actually get married. Due to some of the requirements in some countries and even to have the US recognize your marriage, its just easier to do the legal stuff here before you go then it's a symbolic ceremony at your resort.

For what to do after your legal ceremony, I'd say a pot luck and a small gathering at your house would be more then enough. Most people don't even let anyone know they're doing a legal ceremony prior, muchless invite people who can't make it to there DW!

#5 Angel

Angel
          • 2,635 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

I don't think a potluck would be tacky. I think it's a great idea. We did our legal ceremony at 1pm and just went to lunch afterwards. It was only 7 of us so it was noting big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users