ROR review: Jan 19-26, 2009, John-Paul & Karina

klopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoKe0506 View Post
Great and detailed review!! You looked beautiful, you guys make a gorgeous couple. Congratulations!!! I love you photos especially the pic of your cake table set up. Where did you get "I Do" letters from?
Thanks lady wink.gif I have to admit I stole the "I Do" idea from someone on this forum. I purchased all the cake table decor at Michaels...bag of mixed shells, star fish, letters and clear crystals.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze View Post
I knew I recognized that "short" dress from somewhere!! I loved that dress!
Haha! yup...and I have a 3rd dress for sale...my original reception dress! Oh boy...lucky the wedding rolled around sooner than later or who knows how many dresses I would have ended up with! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.cullen View Post
Congrats & best wishes on your new married life Karina, you looked absolutely stunning & am glad everything you wanted worked out for you!

Sarah x

PS: Moke0506, I see you're getting married the day after us, hope all your plans are coming together. We have our appt booked with Chandlyn & reception dinner is done as well, if you need any info, feel free to ask. Sarah x x
Hi Sarah,
I just reached out to Chandlyn for the first time last week to see what private reception options were available on my day. I thought she would contact me and when she didn't finally decide to just email her. I am so behind, I need to set up my appt with her too. But I am on target for everything I have to take care of at home. What time is your ceremony? I am getting so excited, April will be here before you know it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopez View Post
Thanks lady wink.gif I have to admit I stole the "I Do" idea from someone on this forum. I purchased all the cake table decor at Michaels...bag of mixed shells, star fish, letters and clear crystals.
Michaels!!!! I was just there the other day and didn't see them, but then again I wasn't looking for them. I have to go back again to see if I can find them. I'm going to have to steal the idea from you now, lol!! Thank you. It really looked awesome. Congrats again!!!

Hi Moy

I emailed Chandlyn a few weeks ago to arrange our appointment & we scheduled it for the day after our arrival at 9am, when do you arrive? We'll be there on 31st March, probably get there early evening. We asked for a 2pm ceremony so there'll be plenty of time for photos etc before our reception. I see you have a large party going, unfortunately ours is just ourselves & our son but I've become very friendly with another girl here from the UK who is getting married the week after, Kitty Kat uk, you may have seen her on this forum.

I hope we can get together provided we're not all too busy!!! Also have you arranged your flowers yet with Tai Flora, I have that done & also booked Michael in the photoshop. The only thing we have to worry about is getting the spending money sorted!!!

Let me know if you need any info!

Talk soon

Sarah x smile03.gif

Quote:
Hi Moy

I emailed Chandlyn a few weeks ago to arrange our appointment & we scheduled it for the day after our arrival at 9am, when do you arrive? We'll be there on 31st March, probably get there early evening. We asked for a 2pm ceremony so there'll be plenty of time for photos etc before our reception. I see you have a large party going, unfortunately ours is just ourselves & our son but I've become very friendly with another girl here from the UK who is getting married the week after, Kitty Kat uk, you may have seen her on this forum.
I hope we can get together provided we're not all too busy!!! Also have you arranged your flowers yet with Tai Flora, I have that done & also booked Michael in the photoshop. The only thing we have to worry about is getting the spending money sorted!!!

Let me know if you need any info!

Talk soon

Sarah x smile03.gif

We're arriving on the 1st, so hopefully I can schedule an appt with Chandlyn for the 2nd. I've booked with Michael but I'm still not sure what I want as far as flowers goes. So I'm still working on that. I'm trying to book a beach dinner reception right now and I have yet to see any reviews on a beach reception from ROR frown.gif. So now I'm second guessing what to do. The pool isn't available, another bride on the board got the pool, lucky her!! We also have a 3rd wedding on that day and that's getting me nervous too. How many weddings are on your day?

Hi Moy

I haven't come across anyone else on here that has their wedding on our day, however I'm sure we're not the only ones getting married! I haven't even seen any reviews on a beach reception either, apart from Seagrape but I heard it is really close to the main stage area so it would be really loud during the shows.

Have you thought about Plantation? Or is that the poolside venue??

Try not to stress too much, I know its easy for me to say that but I am positive everything will work itself out!!!

Sarah x

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Hi Moy

I haven't come across anyone else on here that has their wedding on our day, however I'm sure we're not the only ones getting married! I haven't even seen any reviews on a beach reception either, apart from Seagrape but I heard it is really close to the main stage area so it would be really loud during the shows.

Have you thought about Plantation? Or is that the poolside venue??

Try not to stress too much, I know its easy for me to say that but I am positive everything will work itself out!!!

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,
Chandlyn emailed saying I can actually have my beach reception on the beach by the gazebo not by Seagrape!!! So it would be less noisy and more private. But I've already emailed her to book the Plantation, now I am second guessing it. I wish I can actually see a dinner beach reception to sway my decision. The beach reception would cost more.

Karina, I know you just did your dancing at the beach gazebo but what kind of lighting did they provide? And if I was to bring paper lanterns do you think they have anywhere to hang them by the beach?