Photo

Official PV Riu Thread (Discussion here for Riu Vallarta, Jalisco & Pacifico Palace)

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#191 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

Welcome back Meghan and congratulations! Can't wait for you review and pictures!

#192 Chica & Octi

Chica & Octi
    • 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hi Laides

I just got back last night from our wedding and amazing honeymoon.

I'm working on a review and will post it soon.

Just wanted to say we had a wonderful time and our guests loved the resort.

#193 lilicat

lilicat
      • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

HI All
        First I want to say I am loving this thread, it is more than answering most of my questions.
        However, there are a couple of other things...
        The new 2011 Caprice package is equivalent to the 2010 Royal, only accomodating 40ppl and they no longer offer for more than 40 ppl.

What will happen if I go over (even if by a few)?

Also, I never even considered renting the poolside bar for after dinner....

Can you give me price ideas?

Thanks in advance!

#194 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

I would love to help you out girl but sadly my prices are very out of date (2007). Hopefully one of our recent brides can chime in.

I totally recommend getting the pool side bar, our guests loved it and I just wish we had rented it out longer.

#195 bridetobeashley

bridetobeashley
        • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

I am getting married at the Riu Vallarta next week. We are doing the 2010 Royal package, and when they emailed me, they made it clear you can only have 40 guests otherwise you have to upgrade to the next package. I am right at 40 so I guess that's not a problem for us. As for the costs I believe it was it says on the website, I guess I'll find out when I get there and can let you know. I am not renting the poolside bar, $180/hr is not worth it to me and I also know someone who got married there last year so who said it works fine to go just to the regular bars on the hotel property and if you tip the bartenders they will take care of your group so that's what we're going to do. Sorry I can't be much more help, I am just going with the flow and hopefully everything will turn out when I get there.

#196 bridetobeashley

bridetobeashley
          • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

I am getting married at the Riu Vallarta next week. We are doing the 2010 Royal package, and when they emailed me, they made it clear you can only have 40 guests otherwise you have to upgrade to the next package. I am right at 40 so I guess that's not a problem for us. As for the costs I believe it was it says on the website, I guess I'll find out when I get there and can let you know. I am not renting the poolside bar, $180/hr is not worth it to me and I also know someone who got married there last year so who said it works fine to go just to the regular bars on the hotel property and if you tip the bartenders they will take care of your group so that's what we're going to do. Sorry I can't be much more help, I am just going with the flow and hopefully everything will turn out when I get there.

#197 lilicat

lilicat
            • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the tipping tip Ashley and Good luck next week.
              I hope your wedding turns out lovely!!
              Be sure to post some tips when you return.

#198 PaulHollyMiller

PaulHollyMiller
              • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

Hi Ashley!
                I am VERY excited to hear your review once your back from your wedding!!!! Congrats on your marriage and please enjoy the warmth!!! We are freezing up here!!!! :)
                We have booked the Royal 2010 package at the Vallarta and are interested in what others have experienced!

Take care,

Holly from Waterloo

#199 Ava

Ava
                • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

I was married at the Riu Jalisco in April last year....I actually rented the pool bar too on Mel's recommendation - it was awesome!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me, or ask here. :)

#200 Ava

Ava
                  • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:59 AM

Oh! The pool bar cost about $160 an hour, and they gave us two bartenders, because we had nearly 40 people.

The resort is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users