Jump to content

Photo

Official PV Riu Thread (Discussion here for Riu Vallarta, Jalisco & Pacifico Palace)


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#111 LaBre

LaBre
  • Newbie
  • 26 posts

    Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

    That's awesome Helen!! Thanks for all the great info. I love Katie and Chris's photos! That price sure is far lower than the quotes I have from other photographers!! (although generally I think they include far more pics on the dvd) How long did they have him for?
    Thanks for the tip on booking online for golf too. I'll check out the courses you mentioned. So are you saying you gave folks the oot bags before even leaving for Mexico?
    LaBre
    23 Nov 09

    #112 Helen_S81

    Helen_S81
    • Member
    • 985 posts

      Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LaBre
      That's awesome Helen!! Thanks for all the great info. I love Katie and Chris's photos! That price sure is far lower than the quotes I have from other photographers!! (although generally I think they include far more pics on the dvd) How long did they have him for?
      Thanks for the tip on booking online for golf too. I'll check out the courses you mentioned. So are you saying you gave folks the oot bags before even leaving for Mexico?
      The photographer was there before the ceremony, but just at the beach, he didn't come and take pictures in the room. He took a fair amount of photo's before the ceremony. I'd say he was there for an hour? He did the ceremony and then took Katie and Chris down the beach for some shots by themselves, then he left. He wasn't around for the reception.

      Yes, we gave most of the OOT bags out before we left. We only took the ones for the guests who were coming from the USA and the UK. It was just one less thing to worry about :)

      #113 ~Melissa~

      ~Melissa~

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

      Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

      Sorry gals that I've fallen so behind with this thread. My bad. Do you ladies think I should just change the title of this thread to, "The official PV Riu Thread" ??

      Kay your wedding looked gorgeous. Another beautiful wedding at the Riu. Loved your flowers. Got to say they have the best flowers out of any resort. I have not seen a bad bouquet yet. LOL

      So how long are they putting guests int eh Pacifico? I was there when that resort was being built and it looked like a palace. I'm sure your vacation and wedding will still be perfect Goldstein.

      #114 LaBre

      LaBre
      • Newbie
      • 26 posts

        Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

        Thanks again Helen!
        LaBre
        23 Nov 09

        #115 alliegrenier

        alliegrenier
        • Newbie
        • 41 posts

          Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

          Sorry I haven't been on much...we've been so busy organizing...then reorganizing because of a change....then reorganizing AGAIN because of ANOTHER change...LOL. Things seem to have finally calmed down. We leave on Tuesday for the Riu Vallarta and the wedding is on Friday (one week from today...woo hoo!!). We have been planning from the get-go to be at the Riu Vallarta. With all the media hooplah, and the closing of some resorts, we were moved to the Riu Palace about 2 weeks ago, which meant picking from new restaurants and reception bars...we also had to notify all 45 guests of the change to ensure they made the upgrade as well. Then flights from Denver to Mexico started getting cancelled (primarily United). So about half of our guests were scrambling to make new flights. Some had to shorten or extend their stay since many carriers aren't flying every day of the week any longer. After we got it all worked out and everyone was comfortable again....we got switched back to the Vallarta!! hahahahahahahha....I'm mostly laughing because this was supposed to be my stress-free wedding that required very little from us...so much for that. Oh well...it'll be memorable...and most importantly...we WILL be married on our 3 year anniversary as originally planned...that's the important part! I can't wait to dig my toes into the sand...this is my FIs first time at a real beach! YEAH!

          #116 Helen_S81

          Helen_S81
          • Member
          • 985 posts

            Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by alliegrenier
            Sorry I haven't been on much...we've been so busy organizing...then reorganizing because of a change....then reorganizing AGAIN because of ANOTHER change...LOL. Things seem to have finally calmed down. We leave on Tuesday for the Riu Vallarta and the wedding is on Friday (one week from today...woo hoo!!). We have been planning from the get-go to be at the Riu Vallarta. With all the media hooplah, and the closing of some resorts, we were moved to the Riu Palace about 2 weeks ago, which meant picking from new restaurants and reception bars...we also had to notify all 45 guests of the change to ensure they made the upgrade as well. Then flights from Denver to Mexico started getting cancelled (primarily United). So about half of our guests were scrambling to make new flights. Some had to shorten or extend their stay since many carriers aren't flying every day of the week any longer. After we got it all worked out and everyone was comfortable again....we got switched back to the Vallarta!! hahahahahahahha....I'm mostly laughing because this was supposed to be my stress-free wedding that required very little from us...so much for that. Oh well...it'll be memorable...and most importantly...we WILL be married on our 3 year anniversary as originally planned...that's the important part! I can't wait to dig my toes into the sand...this is my FIs first time at a real beach! YEAH!
            Oh my goodness! How stressful this must have been! I'm glad it's all sorted out now :) You'll enjoy the vacation after all the organizing and then reorganizing you've had to do.

            Have a great trip and don't forget to come back and tell us all, and show us all (because you know how much we all love the photographs) how it all went!

            Good Luck!

            #117 Helen_S81

            Helen_S81
            • Member
            • 985 posts

              Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Melissa~
              Sorry gals that I've fallen so behind with this thread. My bad. Do you ladies think I should just change the title of this thread to, "The official PV Riu Thread" ??
              I think that is a good idea! What does everyone else think?

              #118 Celina

              Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

                Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

                Ali...OMG...CRAZY!! I left lots of wedding wishes for all of you girls! Enjoy yourselves!

                Yes Mel...I agree with the title change.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

                #119 Celina

                Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

                  Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

                  Oh...about OOT bags. We too spread out the stuff with our bridal party. We handed out the bags when everyone got there. Also, someone mentioned they were going to give out little beach photo books. I did those too but then kicked myself because after the wedding I had some great pics and thought it would have been a good idea to have given the guests the photobooks with pics in them and they could add their own to it as well. Just a thought!
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

                  #120 ~Melissa~

                  ~Melissa~

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

                  Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

                  Ok gals I changed the title. :0)




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users