Official PV Riu Thread (Discussion here for Riu Vallarta, Jalisco & Pacifico Palace)

Yes the ydo have a ballroom..the best thing about it is that we can stay there as long as we want. We are having the reception from 6 to 12 and we can stay there longer if we chose too. IT is a sit down dinner so you do end up paying per person depending on your dinner selection.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is separate. You pay per person, rent there system, get a dj, mariachi, flowers, cake. You cant utilize the Riu's wedding coordinators you have to get an outside planner. I personally arranged everything myself. It is a little more difficult to go this route but I think it is well worth it.

Since I didnt go with the wedding packages I had to go through the event coordinators to arrange everything.

If you go this route just let me knw and I will help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiranda View Post
I am getting married at the Riu Vallarta but we are renting out the ballroom area. We will have it from 6 or 7 until 1 or 2. My family loves to party. We will be having the mexican buffet for dinner followed by hours of dancing.

Our ceremony will take place in church at 3.
Do I just talked to Jessica, and I asked her about the Ballroom. It sounds lovely but for the 250 an hour doesnt include the bartender or the sound system. Is that what she told you aswell?

I did not work with Jessica at all. She is the wedding coordinator if you choose one of there wedding packages. I don't know about the $250 an hour. I went through the events department. The price ranges from $30 to $50 per person and it includes a 5 course sit down dinner, beverages during dinner and 2 hours of open bar. You can choose the time slot for the 2 hours.

What we are doing is having our reception from 6 to 12.

6:00 guests will be greeted with wine served butler style.

6:30-8:30 dinner with wine, beer, soda, water juice coffee, or tea included

8:30-10:00 we will be doing our mexican wedding traditions. No bar at this time. If we choose to have open bar at this time it will be an additional $10 per person. But we just figure that what stops our guests from going out of the ballroom to get a drink...hey its all-inclusive resort..right? Besides people are going to be to busy seeing or participating at this time.

10:00-12:00 we will be dancing with our 2 hours of open bar included in the package.

We are having the dj from 6 to 12 I hired an outside dj for a very good price.

During dinner we are having a mariachi for the 2 hours I hired them as well for $400US an hour.

The ballroom comes included with tableclothes, chair covers and your choice of color for the bows.

If we want to, we can stay at the ballroom past 12:00 so this works out perfect because we are a huge party family.

Let me know what other questions you have. Im here to help out in any way.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica & Octi View Post
Hey JMiranda,

Thats awful, they moved you three weeks before your date? Did they give a reason?

I guess its an upgrade though on the bright side right?

Hopefully its not causing you too much stress.
The reason for the sudden upgrade is because the Riu Vallarta will be closed for the entire month of October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica & Octi View Post
Hey JMiranda,

Thats awful, they moved you three weeks before your date? Did they give a reason?

I guess its an upgrade though on the bright side right?

Hopefully its not causing you too much stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen_S81 View Post
How is the re-planning going Jessica?

The re-planning was not bad at all everything stayed the same. I just had to call all my vendors and informed them of the change. I also had to get all of my guest reservation numbers in order for them to be switched to the right hotel. From the sounds of it not ALL guests originally booked at the Riu Vallarta are being upgraded to the Riu Palace Pacifico. The Riu has actually been really great about this whole change.