New...and overwhelmed! ;)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AliBride

AliBride
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi all,

My name is Ali and I am planning to get married next spring 2010. While I am super excited about the wedding... the planning is freaking me out.

Initially we weren't going to do a destination wedding - my fiance had been to two in the Dominican that he felt were 'cookie cutter' weddings which put him off. But we went to Maui in October and absolutely loved it there. After getting engaged, I threw the idea of getting married there out to him and he said it sounded like a wonderful idea to get married there and do a ceremony at home. Once we started looking into the costs for the actual wedding, and for what guests would have to invest to attend our wedding we started leaning toward the all-inclusive resort destination.

At that point I thought our problems were over, but now everyone seems to have a good and bad story about Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica etc etc... Additionally, we want to have an adult-only wedding which isn't making us very popular and is posing some challenges....

All of this aside, I am very positive that I will be able to find a destination that will work for us and I am hoping that this website will provide me with some insight so I can start making some decisions!

:)

#2 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

Congrats and welcome, Ali!

Best wishes,
      Tod

#3 brittbrodin

brittbrodin
      • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Welcome and congrats! I was a bit freaked out when I first started planning too, but this forum will help you enormously in your planning. :)
        March Siggy Challenge Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati....-review-40270/
        Slideshow by Beth Lloyd
        http://bestdestinati....-mexico-45184/

#4 super19

super19
        • 1,123 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Congrats and welcome!

You are going to love this site. It's filled with helpful information.

Best Wishes,
          Jen

#5 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
          • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi Ali! I feel your pain. It is overwhelming and I have had a lot of people excited and a lot of naysayers! oh well, good luck planning your wedding wherever you have it!

#6 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!! You've come to the right place, here you'll find all the info and resources you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning. Enjoy!!!

#7 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Congrats and Welcome! I understand! We have been going through some drama as well. But what you need to look at is what you want. It is your day after all. As for the situation with the all-inclusive adults only thing, you could do what we are doing... I am staying at The Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico. It is an adults only resort. But it has a sister property right next door that is a family resort and costs less. So my guests have the option of staying there! My resort lets the kids attend the wedding and reception so it works for everyone! Good Luck with your planning, we are here when you have questions!
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#8 Tez

Tez
                • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Congratulations & Welcome to the Forum

#9 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!