Sign in to follow this  
aNNaBeLLe

Newbie… Destination Caribbean 2010

Hello All,

First the required stuff:

1. Name = Anne aka "Annabelle"

2. Wedding Date = Tentative. Late February / Early March 2010

3. Wedding Location = Tentative. Jamaica or Mexico

My fiancé and I got engaged Christmas Day 2008 and are planning a DW for next year. We will definitely be choosing somewhere in the Caribbean with economics and nice beaches as the main deciding points. Estimated guest count is 50-80 people… and no kids (teens are allowed though).

I'll be 28 in two-weeks and my fiancé (Tim) is 29. We're both engineers and live in Tampa, FL. I'm originally from Florida, but Tim is from the Chicago-land area. His family is huge and almost all live in IL... mine is pretty small and spread all across the US. We decided on a DW that way everyone had to travel, plus we've both always wanted to get married on the beach. We'll be doing two post-wedding receptions "back home" (Tampa, FL & Bourbonnais, IL) for those who can't make it. I'm thinking house party BBQs to save on costs.

As for our wedding style... we want a wedding that is simple and informal, yet elegant, and the reception should be more like a beach party (with plenty of refreshments) than a formal gathering. Neither of us care about the wedding cake... cupcakes work for me. :)

I look forward reading all the great advice this site has to offer.

Welcome to the forum Anne!

My soon-to-be-husband is also an Engineer. I love his attention to detail when it comes to our work!

Girl, you are going to have some pretty heavy partying! Three parties!

Have fun at the forum and happy planning! smile29.gif

That was a darn good introduction Anne! Welcome to the forum!!!

The nicest part about a destination wedding is being able to bring all of your family and friends together in a mutual place and just enjoy each others company! Good luck finding the perfect location and best of luck planning! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBMRSPERRY View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I am also getting married in February 2010 in Jamaica!
Congrats! Have you figured out where in Jamaica? I'm curious as to how soon someone needs to book during the high season to get the date/time/location they want.