Dress Steaming in Las Vegas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wededbliss2010

wededbliss2010
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

Hello:

Has anyone come across a place (reception/chapel or other) in Vegas that has offered steaming of your wedding dress. While searching abroad it was always offered in the packages, but I have yet to see it offered in Vegas.

Thanks

#2 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
    • 167 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

My WC at the Wynn recommended Debi at Fit for a Bride (Fit for a bride by Debi - Home -)

She will deliver your steamed dress to your LV hotel, and pickup, too, if you need it, or you can ship it to her in advance, which is handy. Otherwise, PU/Delivery are $30 each way.

She can steam as well as provide a "fresh-up" service. Steaming starts at $70 for a regular gown and $100 for silk/couture

I will likely end up using her, but can't say anything about the quality of service. I actually e-mailed her more than a week ago to ask if she also does gown preservation, but I never heard back, but it's possible that I was given a bad email address. (The email I used came from my WC, not from her website)

Good luck!

#3 wededbliss2010

wededbliss2010
      • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hello Lolkitteh:

You are a fountain of information! Thanks for sharing. I think that is a bit pricey, but I may not have a choice. One of the things I found appealing about going aboard is that most places offered dress steaming in their wedding package. I am very surprised that Vegas has not jumped on the dress steaming bandwagon.

#4 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
        • 167 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

You're very welcome!

One thing to consider is that your dress may not need to be steamed if you pack it carefully and do the "hang it in the shower" trick on arrival.

When my sister got married, my mom bought an inexpensive hand steamer (simple gadget that you fill with water that shoots steam from a flat surface on the top) to touch up with. it worked fine. OTOH, my sister didn't have to cram her dress into a suitcase to get married, either! :-)

#5 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
          • 167 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

Here's a competitor I found that does steaming beginning at only $35.

Can't vouch for the quality, though, since I have personally not used them

Las Vegas Tuxedos - Las Vegas Bridal Shops

#6 nicmicj

nicmicj
            • 244 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for this information. The website says they specialize in last minute pressings so you have an option if it is a last resort.

#7 tbriley22

tbriley22
              • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

I bought a $20 steamer at Bed Bath and Beyond and it works really well; my dress is rather simple. Depending on your dress, you might not want to try it yourself I don't know. HTH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users