ROR Poolside Reception

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

Dr. Brainfreeze:

Thanks again! U have been like my wedding coordinator! :)

#32 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
    • 456 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Ok ladies... yet another question about the poolside reception. Did you have any issues with mosquitos during the time you were poolside? Since they only put one candle on each table, I am thinking about bringing some extra and was going to get citranella (or however u spell it) if buys were an issue. Thanks!

#33 Billisa

Billisa
      • 76 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

ONe thing I don't understand is that this is an all-inclusive, so why aren't the drinks included anyway at dinner? i.e. Open bar = 10 per person? Also, I was told by my travel agent that I could not or would not be contacted by Chandlyn until at least 2 months before the wedding date...but it appears that some people have booked their receptions already a year in advance? Yikes, I'm so behind!

#34 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
        • 456 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

The $10 charge for open bar is for you to have your own private bartender. My understanding, from what other brides have posted in their reviews, is that there are not any bars that are really close to the pool. The poolside bar closes when the pool closes. So, your guests would have to go for a walk to get a drink, plus wait for a drink if others (not in your wedding party) are in line for one.

Definitely email Chandlyn with your preferences when u decide. She will send u a confirmation email stated what you have booked. The earlier the better. You can always change your mind, if another option is still available.

#35 krissy2009

krissy2009
          • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

If I choose to have a beach reception is there a place we could set up a dance floor, other than on the sand?

#36 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
              Ok ladies... yet another question about the poolside reception. Did you have any issues with mosquitos during the time you were poolside? Since they only put one candle on each table, I am thinking about bringing some extra and was going to get citranella (or however u spell it) if buys were an issue. Thanks!
              No isues with mosquitos. I think I got 3 bites, and I can't even tell you where that came from...no one else got bitten - but I am always the one getting the bites! I did not wear bug spray once, although I did bring it.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Billisa
              ONe thing I don't understand is that this is an all-inclusive, so why aren't the drinks included anyway at dinner? i.e. Open bar = 10 per person? Also, I was told by my travel agent that I could not or would not be contacted by Chandlyn until at least 2 months before the wedding date...but it appears that some people have booked their receptions already a year in advance? Yikes, I'm so behind!
              Scott-Pierre is correct, you are actually paying to have a private bartender keep a bar open late for you and your wedding party. The pool and beach bars I think close at 6pm. Otherwise, your guests would have to walk all the way up to the lobby bars or sports bars, which get busy at night with the shows. It was really nice to have a bar right there! We did book a year in advance, but my TA works closely with the resort and wanted my plans set in stone for me.

#37 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
              • 456 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks again DrBrainFreeze! :)

#38 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
                • 175 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for the information I am really interested in the poolside dancing, I am not really worried about having the reception in one of the resturants.

#39 Future Mrs. Ligonde

Future Mrs. Ligonde
                  • 25 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

So how private is the poolside reception?? Are there people in the pool?? Can other guests sit on the other side and watch? Or are there some kind of barriers in the way?

#40 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                    • 456 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

The pool is closed. From what other people have said there is a walkway that goes right by the pool, so there is a chance that people will be walking by, but I doubt you will even notice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users