Photo

Legal Ceremony Before or After?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 egsarah

egsarah
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

OOhhh good thread. I think that we are going to do it after. I want the wedding in Mexico to be the first time I say my vows too.

#22 Gail

Gail
    • 358 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I thought the WC at del mar said we had to be married prior for blessings. maybe each resort different. I wanted first time to be there to. Going to try and find JP or somone to not do ceremony and min i do ..i do to just marry us and we see the ceremony in mexico as our real wedding and when we take vowels if that makes sense
      Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#23 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

I know, I am sold, I want my ceremony in Cabo to be the first time we say any vows to each other. I definitly want to do the legal stuff after the trip. I am acutally super excited about this .. LOL!!

#24 sarah310

sarah310
        • 172 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

glad to see so many people getting married at home before/after their DW! I hadn't even thought of it as an option until a friend of mine that got married in DR told me it took 6 months to get the paper work after the wedding before she could even start thinking about changing her name, and she never got her birth certificate back...i think i'm going to get legally married before leaving for my DW!

#25 faithers81

faithers81
          • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gail
            I thought the WC at del mar said we had to be married prior for blessings. maybe each resort different.
            Thanks Gail. I am getting married at the Del Mar. I have asked if we need to get married ahead of time, but I have not gotten a response. Are you renting the Tropical Restaurant? You will have to send me pictures when you get back!

#26 Gail

Gail
            • 358 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Yes we are doing tropical. My friends are camera freaks so we will have plenty of photos. I will help with any questions when I get back. I know how stressed I am. I will give you my e mail now so you can email me with questions gar0831@hotmail.com
              Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#27 sunandrun

sunandrun
              • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

I am getting married at the Del Mar too!! I was planning on getting legally married at home after the DW. Gosh, I hope we don't have to do it before!!!

#28 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Im getting married in May and originally (up till last week) we were going to get legally married in Mexico but we were having such a hard time figuring out all the requirements (I swear each site is different) so we decided to get legally married in the states before we go. Its such a relief and happy to see so many others doing the same thing. Much less stress!

#29 cantwait2718

cantwait2718
                  • 78 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

We were doing it b4 but now after reading these responses I am undecided. I will have to think about it more now. Good points on both sides.

#30 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                    • 698 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

We are doing it the day before we leave :0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users