Cabo Restaurant / Club suggestions?

MARIAELM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIAELM View Post
You're funny! We all mooch off each other!

We ARE going to do a fancy night, probably at Mi Cocina (Casa Natalia). I'm doing a spa day with lunch at Las Ventanas with my family. I can't wait for that!

We're staying in Cabo for our honeymoon. We'll be at Hilton from 10/24 - 10/29 and then move to another hotel. I'm not sure where we'll move to yet. My FI is supposed to be in charge of this, but I don't think he's done anything yet - GAH!!! What about you?
Oh Spa day at Las Ventanas sounds so great!! I thought about leaving the honeymoon planning to my FI, but I would go crazy!! Sorry, not to add to your stress! I bet your FI already has something planned and is just keeping it a secret!

We're going to the Marquis for our honeymoon. Can't wait!

I forgot to mention my top recommendation for Cabo-Todos Santos drinks: Art & Beer

It's a bit out of the way, but not too bad if you plan to do a day-trip to Todos Santos, as we did on our last trip to Cabo.

Here is some more information on the place:

http://www.cabosource.com/art_and_beer.php

http://www.ambassadair.com/archives/0305/baja_0305.cfm

When we arrived at Art & Beer we were greeted by Alfredo who promptly offered us his house specialty drinks - the Bloody Caesar & Triple Juice. Chris went with the Triple Juice and I had a beer. As we sat at our table, numerous other patrons came and went getting drinks 'to go'. Alfredo came by our table and gave us a plate of fresh clams. We had just had lunch and weren't hungry, but he teased my fi calling him a chicken and bocking at him until he ate the clams.

True to the claims, on our way out he made Chris a bloody Caesar and gave me a Modelo Negro 'for the road'

here is a great review from tripadvisor as well - this really captures the character of this place:

I just got back from a week in Los Cabos and the most fun I had was at a little place called Art & Beer. Art & Beer is a little hole in the wall at KM 69 on the road between Cabo San Lucas and Todos Santos. I stopped on a whim because a friend of mines wife had to relieve herself. You can't pee for free at Art & Beer(they truck in water) so we sat down and had a few drinks.

The owner looks like a spanish conquistador and immediately took a disliking to my friend who's wife had to pee. He asked her "how she could be with someone so ugly" and proceded to bet him that he wouldn't eat one of his hot peppers for four free beers.

My pal wouldn't take the bet which furthered this mans dislike of my buddy. I offered to eat the peppers in which he demanded I eat three for the same four beers, which I did. Several amazing drinks and eight free beers later we were on our way.

Art & Beer will be a visit on my next trip to Los Cabos, If your planning a trip I encourage a stop, and don't forget a designated driver.

and some photos we took there:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

this place is definitely not to be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIAELM View Post
Marquis Los Cabos? Good for you - It looks beautiful! Did you get a good rate?

Thanks for reassuring me. I'm sure he hasn't done anything. He's a world-class procrastinator. It'll be ok though.
No, I think we got the regular rate. We did get a romance package with Classic Vacations, so at least there were some perks to it.

We were originally looking at honeymooning at Las Ventanas or the One & Only. Las Ventanas "cheapest" rate was $825 a night and One & Only $650 a night or something like that.... so after mulling those over for a couple of weeks, the Marquis seemed like a bargain! I just seriously could not bring myself to spend that much on a hotel... but we did think about it for a while!! We compromised and intend to splurge during the honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I am a big fan of Mi Casa in Cabo - such a fan that it's #1 on my list of reception sites. It's pretty casual and the food is great. They have this stuffed pepper with walnut sauce that I would give my right arm for. It can be touristy but it's worth it for the food. We ate there 2 nights last time I went to Cabo.
I am so happy to hear this! I love Mi Casa too! We are having our "Night Before" dinner there and the stuffed pepper is on the menu! I have been very curious about it!

• 8 months later...

Our Story - Restaurant Ediths - Cabo San Lucas - Los Cabos - San Jose del Cabo - Mexico, Mexican Food, Dine Under The Stars

We went to Edith's for dinner one night - was pricey, but very good! The shrimp scampi was wonderful!

We also ate at Pitahayas at the Sheraton. Again, pricey, but good food and we sat right on the water. Their lobster with vanilla bean sauce was amazing!

Pitahayas Restaurant | Los Cabos

We also loved Mi Casa and the Nowhere Bar. If you like Salsa dancing check out the Mambo Cafe.