Calling at Hilton Los Cabos Brides!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich999 View Post
Carolina is usually pretty good about getting back to you, so I would hang in there. Once you've booked a date, you're done with Carolina and you deal with the WC Jaira. She is not always immediately resposnsive but it's what I expected for the most part based upon this forum. I think she prioritizes and if you're wedding is 8 months away, she doesn't view things as an immediate priority to respond, but she does eventually respond. Everyone is extremely nice. Everything I read on this forum said that the Hilton may not always be the most responsive but on the day of, it's all worth it - I'll let you know in 3 months if that's true - I think it will be.

My approach (and this would have been with any place I booked) was to do my own research on vendors (mostly thanks to this site) and negotiate and book things directly with them. I did ask Jaira for recommendations, but it took awhile for her to get back to me and by then I had already decided on photographer, my main concern. Since I felt the Hilton (like any other hotel) would be biased towards their own vendors and pricing, I wanted to do my own research and talk directly to people - this approach is not for everyone! I did use Hilton vendors for cake and flowers and musicians, though they are outside vendors that are also had good reputations on this forum and I never use the EC as an intermediary to explain my wants - I spoke directly to bakery and florist to plan out what I wanted.

The Hilton was our No. 1 choice and we can't wait!

Good luck!
Mich999 thanks for the advice!

Do you mind sharing who you used for your vendors? I agree, I prefer to speak with the vendors myself as well. As far as photogs I'm really particular which is kind working against me because we are on a tight budget! We may have to rearange somethings in order to get the quality pics I really want. Everything else I'm pretty flexible with like flowers, fancy dinner etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobunny View Post
Hello Nicole!!

That makes me feel a little better about not getting a response to my last 2 emails I sent her last week. She did send me the menues and pics of the ceremony locations etc and a rough quote in her initial (first & only) email. It was quite pricey! But she added all kind of things in it, that we most likely will not need. I was thinking to save $$ maybe we could just have dinner at one of their restaurants?? What do you think is that a bad idea? Will it be too noisy or no privacy? It'll be a small group about 20ppl. Have you booked any of your other vendors yet? I've been contacting photogs and have gotten a few quotes back but still weighing my options. You still have some time left for your planning so that's good :-) I'm ALMOST contemplating on moving it to Jan of 2010 just so we'll have more time and also more $$ saved (we're paying for it all ourselves).
Good luck to you also with your planning!! What part of SD are you from??
Hi Leobunny!

The Hilton did seem a little pricey, but it is absolutely beautiful. If you are having a small intimate wedding as you mentioned, the restaurant may be the way to go. They have a beautiful restaurant that over looks the pool (it is decorated in bright blues and greens - so pretty!). While there will be hotel guests there - I can't imagine it would bee too noisy. The restaurant wasn't very large. I wold definitely ask Carolina to have this as an option. I understand with maybe moving your date too. My fiance and I will have over a two year engagement before we get married - the extra time does help! Choose whatever is best for you and your fiance.

I live in the Mira Mesa area...what about you?

Cheers,
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich999 View Post
Carolina is usually pretty good about getting back to you, so I would hang in there. Once you've booked a date, you're done with Carolina and you deal with the WC Jaira. She is not always immediately resposnsive but it's what I expected for the most part based upon this forum. I think she prioritizes and if you're wedding is 8 months away, she doesn't view things as an immediate priority to respond, but she does eventually respond. Everyone is extremely nice. Everything I read on this forum said that the Hilton may not always be the most responsive but on the day of, it's all worth it - I'll let you know in 3 months if that's true - I think it will be.

My approach (and this would have been with any place I booked) was to do my own research on vendors (mostly thanks to this site) and negotiate and book things directly with them. I did ask Jaira for recommendations, but it took awhile for her to get back to me and by then I had already decided on photographer, my main concern. Since I felt the Hilton (like any other hotel) would be biased towards their own vendors and pricing, I wanted to do my own research and talk directly to people - this approach is not for everyone! I did use Hilton vendors for cake and flowers and musicians, though they are outside vendors that are also had good reputations on this forum and I never use the EC as an intermediary to explain my wants - I spoke directly to bakery and florist to plan out what I wanted.

The Hilton was our No. 1 choice and we can't wait!

Good luck!
Hi Mich999,

Thanks for the insight! It is good to hear everyone's experiences. I was wondering about the vendors too since in our contract it said we must use Hilton's preferred vendors....was this stated in your contract? I was worried because we are picky when it comes to photographers and are most likely bringing them with us from San Diego, but when I asked Carolina about this she said, as long as they are part of your wedding "party" then it is OK. So other than the photographer since it stated Hilton preferred vendors, I will be able to have some wiggle room?

Cheers,
Nicole

Leobunny - my photographer is Juan Carlos Tapia; DJ - DJ Ricardo; florist - Mazarte floral. Juan Carlos is one of the pricier photogs in Cabo, but his pictures are amazing. I also looked at Tomas Baron who was nice and was about half the cost of Juan Carlos, but we fell in love with Juan Carlos. Booking your own DJ will save you money no matter who you go with over the Hilton's DJ rates. However, if you have dinner in one of the Hilton restaurants, I'm not sure how your reception would work - I'm guessing the complimentary beach ceremony and terrace venues there are offered based in part upon having food and drink from their wedding menus, but doesn't hurt to ask!

Nicole - I don't recall that my contract said that because if it did I would have tried to get rid of it or at least put in exceptions, such as photog, in writing. That is ridiculous that you would have to use the Hilton's photographer (unless it's Juan Carlos : ) Sorry - they must have changed their contract.

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at the Hilton on November 21 this year. I hired an outside wedding coordinator because I wanted someone who would have my interest at heart, and not the hotel's (maybe that's just my own paranoia). We've hired Juan Carlos, who is one of the pricier photographers, DJ Ricardo, and an outside videographer. I'm not using any of the vendors through the Hilton. My contract did not limit me to Hilton vendors. Michelle and I both happen to be lawyers, so we were on the look out for that language.

I'm having a wonderful time planning (minus the expenses since we're paying for the wedding ourselves). My fiance and I are doing our tasting in Cabo in mid-April so let me know if you want us to check anything out.

The restaurant at the hotel is nice with a great view. It would be less intimate since you'd have hotel guests there, but I'm sure the Hilton would make it nice. I'm not sure how much you would save because the restaurant isn't that cheap to begin with.

Connie

• 1 month later...

HI Nicole,

My name Nicole as well and I will be getting married at the HIlton Los Cabos on November 19, 2009.

I am also from Southern California as well, the LA area...we have somuch in common! haha

Anyway, feel free to email me or message me with any ideas or questions that you have. I love to hear what other brides are doing, especially one's that are getting married at the same location.

Hi Nicole!

Wow, how funny that you are in SoCal and getting married at the Hilton too! Have you checked into the vendors they offer? After doing my own research and seeing who the Hilton offered, (they really do offer top notch vendors) I was even more excited! The only thing I am struggling with deciding on is a photographer. We were going to bring a photographer with us from San Diego, but after much thought and trying to work out out budget I think we are just going to go with a photographer in Cabo. Do you know who you are using for a photographer?

Where at the Hilton are you having your ceremony? and reception? How many guests do you plan on having?

Gosh so many questions...Sorry!!!! LOL!

You can email me too!

Talk to you soon,

Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib2185 View Post
HI Nicole,

My name Nicole as well and I will be getting married at the HIlton Los Cabos on November 19, 2009.

I am also from Southern California as well, the LA area...we have somuch in common! haha

Anyway, feel free to email me (nikkib2185@aol.com) or message me with any ideas or questions that you have. I love to hear what other brides are doing, especially one's that are getting married at the same location.