Photo

Playa Fiesta Weddings

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#641 kmc0425

kmc0425
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

Has anyone had any issues with guests wanting to stay alone, but not liking having to pay the full per room rate for a full night stay? Or with not being able to take off work for a full 4 night stay and having to still pay for all 4 days even if only being there 3 nights? We are starting to get concerned with not being able to do a "full takeover" now.

Also, my fiance and I's friends are used to "all-inclusive" resorts and playa fiesta is unique altogether. But they are commenting on this. Did anyone else have any issues with that? It's a little discouraging since we've told people and just wandering if it is just us, or if anyone else had this problem?? 

Sigh

#642 ives

ives
    • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi kmc, this is also a concern of mine...I have yet to send my invites out yet but I already know some friends/family have mentioned concerns about lack of lunch included. If there are guests that plan on staying in their own room but refuse to pay the rate, they can always stay at a hotel nearby that will allow single bookings. AS for guests not staying the entire 4 nights, you could offer to just pay the room rate for the final night as a compromise.

I do have a friend getting married in December (just a month before my wedding) and it's an all-inclusive where several people have been getting a great rate of $700 for the week; I don't think that is helping my case! But I take it as it is -- if we end up with empty rooms, so be it; the people who really wanted to be there will attend.

I've had plenty of married people tell me (random strangers at that..) that you're never going to make everyone happy but you should really only try to please two  people  - you and your future hubby; it is your day after all!

#643 AzHeather

AzHeather
      • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing but have found this thread very helpful.  I was wondering how people worded the STD's to let people know they have to stay for the four nights? Thanks!

#644 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

Welcome! We kept our STD's simple, but pointed them towards our website that had all of the information on it. Worked for us! Happy Planning.

Originally Posted by AzHeather 

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing but have found this thread very helpful.  I was wondering how people worded the STD's to let people know they have to stay for the four nights? Thanks!

#645 vanessa81

vanessa81
          • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hi Heather,

Welcome! I worded the STD: "please save the week" and then like Kate, also directed them to our website for more details. I actually went ahead and included a short letter as well as the booking instructions for PF in our STD too.

#646 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

Bumping this for new brides!

#647 sarahbenson10

sarahbenson10
              • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

For OOT bags, did everyone shop locally in PV or bring down most of the items included?

#648 jenniebey

jenniebey
                • 842 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hi Sarah,

I ended up doing a little bit of both.  I bought bags, koozies, games, first aid kits, etc at home.  Then I bought snacks and such in PV to add to the pages.  However, one tip for you: we went to Walmart to get snacks and they didn't have anything we really wanted.  I heard Costco has a better selection.  So if you have a Costco card I would just head over there.  

Good luck!

Jennie

#649 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

We did the same as Jennie... brought some and went to walmart for snacks. I agree, they weren't what we were looking for but it worked out and everyone loved them.

#650 abruno1226

abruno1226
                    • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hi Everyone-

I am a Playa Fiesta bride to be.  We will be getting married on 11/11/11 :)  The planning is coming along, but I am looking forward to getting suggestions and advice here.

Thanks!

Angie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users