Photo

Playa Fiesta Weddings

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#551 mlabbe

mlabbe
  • 784 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

We haven't cut it out yet... I'm still toying with the idea. At this point, the wedding is costing us so much that $900 won't make that much of a difference! I plan on talking about it with DH when he gets back on Monday.

I'm super excited about Mexico though, I can't wait for all of the planning to be over and for the enjoyment part to begin!

How about you, how is the planning going?

#552 sabbott

sabbott
    • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Sounds like we're both in the same position with the dance floor- DH is willing to cut it out and I'm the undecided one. Oh and I second the cost issue! Good gracious it all adds up quickly.

Planning is going ok, but work has been so insane the past few weeks that I have had to take a break from wedding stuff - now I feel a bit overwhelmed and behind on it all. DH is in Australia this week so I will hopefully be able to get some good wedding time.

P.S. I peeked at your website today and I LOVE the post from youtube. Well done with the website! You're a much more dedicated bride than I am :)

Was there another wedding between Crystal and yours? I love the pics and reviews!

#553 mlabbe

mlabbe
      • 784 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

I know that there is a wedding right before mine - the bride is on here too. She's booked the full hotel. There's also been others since Crystal's, from what I can tell from Blaire's emails.

I second taking a break - much needed for sanity!

Crystal, I was looking at your pictures on Michelle's site and I saw that you had sparklers at your wedding. Where did you get them from? I can't seem to figure out a way to get some in PV.

#554 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

Magalie I am so sorry you are bummed about your dress I hope you get everything you want and more!!!! How exciting that you and Sara are sooooo close!!!!

#555 jenniebey

jenniebey
          • 842 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Magalie-

Sorry to hear about your dress. I went through something similar when the sales girl told me we could easily put in a sweetheart neckline (I even showed her pictures of exactly what I wanted). However, when I got to my first fitting, the seamstress was adamant that the neckline I wanted wouldn't work. She was able to suggest a different style sweetheart and I loved the way it turned out although I was definitely not what I had been picturing in my mind in the 6 months between purchasing the dress and my first fitting.

I'm sure you'll look beautiful in the dress re-poofed and all. And don't feel too bridezilla. It's your dress! You have a right to want it a certain way. :) Good luck!

#556 Monty Crysto

Monty Crysto
            • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Magalie,
              I hope everything turns out with your dress..I`m sure it will. You are soooo close now!! We didn`t bring the sparklers down, but I had asked about them, and Playa Fiesta had some left over from another wedding and Lindsay offered them to us. (Not sure how they got them in but they don`t last very long (these ones were kinda dying and they were only a week old)! Not sure how you would get them in. Let me know if you find out!!

#557 mlabbe

mlabbe
              • 784 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

I asked PF about sparklers and apparently they are not available in PV - only in the state next door. Blaire said that the bride went over to the other state to get them. I guess that you lucked out!

#558 vanessa81

vanessa81
                • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hi Magalie!

Can't believe your big day is SO very close - how exciting! I echo the other girls in saying I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding dress woes! The dress looks very pretty though - hope you are pleasantly surprised at your next fitting! (Any progress?).

Best of luck with the finishing touches - can't wait!

#559 sabbott

sabbott
                  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Question for past PF brides -

Many of you had fun drinks lined up for the cocktail reception after the ceremony that matched your colors (i.e. Kate's blue drinks, etc). Did you ask for a signature drink and was that included in your open bar price? Or did you have to pay extra to have a signature drink? We're trying to pass on the extra charges like Mojito bar, etc.

Thanks!

#560 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sabbott
                      Question for past PF brides -

Many of you had fun drinks lined up for the cocktail reception after the ceremony that matched your colors (i.e. Kate's blue drinks, etc). Did you ask for a signature drink and was that included in your open bar price? Or did you have to pay extra to have a signature drink? We're trying to pass on the extra charges like Mojito bar, etc.

Thanks!
                      I skipped the champagne and did the blue drinks incl in open bar. Just ask when you get there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users