Jump to content

Photo

Playa Fiesta Weddings


  • Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#521 mlabbe

mlabbe
  • Member
  • 784 posts

    Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:14 AM

    Mariachis? Is that what the Mexican Trio is? Or are you talking about the music options for the ceremony? I'm confused!

    I also noticed that the karaoke option isn't on my spreadsheet anymore - odd!

    #522 vanessa81

    vanessa81
    • Newbie
    • 30 posts

      Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

      Congrats on the civil ceremony Magalie - everything was beautiful! From the dress, to the flower pomanders, and the photography - can't wait for your PF wedding! Is this the same photographer who will be taking your PF wedding pictures too?

      I know.. we were kinda bummed about not having the karaoke option anymore - we were really looking forward to it! I wonder why they no longer offer it

      #523 sabbott

      sabbott
      • Newbie
      • 52 posts

        Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

        Magalie,

        That's weird that there is no karaoke on your spreadsheet anymore, we've considered it because our group LOVES to karaoke (except for the bride! haha). Bummer.

        The mariachis are the 10 person mexican band featured in many pictures (I think Mel&B and Kate both had them). They look fun, but are the most expensive ($750/hour and of that hour they take a 15 min break). Since we are doing our ceremony at a church nearby, we don't think we'll get the best use for the amount of money if we just have them play for the cocktail hour. Check out your bride's page - it should be on there!

        Hope this helps.

        #524 Mel&B

        Mel&B
        • Member
        • 613 posts

          Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mlabbe
          Hi ladies! I'm trying to pick the entertainment options, and I'm not sure what to go with. What did you get and what would you recommend?
          For the entertainment during the week, we had the fire jugglers and drummers. They came on Tuesday night (our first night with everyone) after dinner, and they were awesome! They played/juggled for a lot longer than I thought they would, and it was such a fun surprise for our guests! This was not part of our package, but something extra we added. I highly recommend it!

          We also played poker with Adam on massage day. It was really fun- I think the guys especially had a great time with it, and Adam is very cool and an awesome teacher. :)

          Hope that helps! Let me know if you want more details.

          #525 sabbott

          sabbott
          • Newbie
          • 52 posts

            Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mlabbe
            Hi ladies! I'm trying to pick the entertainment options, and I'm not sure what to go with. What did you get and what would you recommend?
            That's what I get for reading too fast - you said "entertainment" and my mind was on "live music." Sorry for the confusion, Magalie.

            #526 kate.com

            kate.com

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

              Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

              Hey girls, I am pretty sure karaoke is not an option any more because Aldo is no longer at PF. He was the DJ/bartender/karaoke singer. I know they have a good dj lined up but maybe he doesn't feel comfortable leading karaoke?!. Hope that changes!

              We had the fire dancers/drummers as a surprise for our guests after the welcome dinner and they were really cool. They do go for a long time. We played Texas Hold'em with Adam and Mel is right in saying he is a really great teacher. And we used the 10 piece mariachi band. They played for our processional, took their break during the ceremony, played the recessional and at least 30 minutes into the cocktail hour. After they were done the DJ will crank the music to keep the energy level up. Perfect and gave it the mexican vibe we were looking for! I also liked not having to worry about ceremony music, although my girlfriend did sing in the middle.

              #527 mlabbe

              mlabbe
              • Member
              • 784 posts

                Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by vanessa81
                Congrats on the civil ceremony Magalie - everything was beautiful! From the dress, to the flower pomanders, and the photography - can't wait for your PF wedding! Is this the same photographer who will be taking your PF wedding pictures too?
                Yes, it will be the same photographer. I loved working with her and the result was amazing, so I'm really excited about this!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mel&B
                For the entertainment during the week, we had the fire jugglers and drummers. They came on Tuesday night (our first night with everyone) after dinner, and they were awesome! They played/juggled for a lot longer than I thought they would, and it was such a fun surprise for our guests! This was not part of our package, but something extra we added. I highly recommend it!

                We also played poker with Adam on massage day. It was really fun- I think the guys especially had a great time with it, and Adam is very cool and an awesome teacher. :)

                Hope that helps! Let me know if you want more details.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kate.com
                Hey girls, I am pretty sure karaoke is not an option any more because Aldo is no longer at PF. He was the DJ/bartender/karaoke singer. I know they have a good dj lined up but maybe he doesn't feel comfortable leading karaoke?!. Hope that changes!

                We had the fire dancers/drummers as a surprise for our guests after the welcome dinner and they were really cool. They do go for a long time. We played Texas Hold'em with Adam and Mel is right in saying he is a really great teacher. And we used the 10 piece mariachi band. They played for our processional, took their break during the ceremony, played the recessional and at least 30 minutes into the cocktail hour. After they were done the DJ will crank the music to keep the energy level up. Perfect and gave it the mexican vibe we were looking for! I also liked not having to worry about ceremony music, although my girlfriend did sing in the middle.
                Thank you ladies! I think that this helps us out a lot. Too bad about Aldo, I was really looking forward to some bad karaoke!

                #528 Traci7642

                Traci7642
                • Site Supporter
                • 122 posts

                  Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

                  Has anyone ever had the issue of overbooking? I've seen on some threads that with a destination wedding you should assume 50% attendance. What happens if you get a higher rate and there isn't enough room? I'm hoping to do the full buyout so I was planning to send 60 invites. If I get 50% I'm golden, if I get a higher interest than what?!?!

                  #529 kate.com

                  kate.com

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

                    Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Traci7642
                    Has anyone ever had the issue of overbooking? I've seen on some threads that with a destination wedding you should assume 50% attendance. What happens if you get a higher rate and there isn't enough room? I'm hoping to do the full buyout so I was planning to send 60 invites. If I get 50% I'm golden, if I get a higher interest than what?!?!
                    Well, there is 32 (i think) bedrooms so you should be fine. If not, there are hotels near by. There has been larger weddings here (100) and I know they worked it out with nearby hotels/shuttle.

                    #530 sabbott

                    sabbott
                    • Newbie
                    • 52 posts

                      Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Traci7642
                      Has anyone ever had the issue of overbooking? I've seen on some threads that with a destination wedding you should assume 50% attendance. What happens if you get a higher rate and there isn't enough room? I'm hoping to do the full buyout so I was planning to send 60 invites. If I get 50% I'm golden, if I get a higher interest than what?!?!
                      Traci - We're facing that issue right now. We just booked the whole hotel (yay!) but if one more person RSVPs they will be staying offsite- and we already have 4 who are staying offsite by choice.

                      We're recommending Intercontinental El Presidente and Barcelo La Jolla de Mismaloya. They are close to the hotel (in opposite directions) and have good rates. Kate is right, PF can handle parties, reception etc. with much larger numbers than just 60.

                      Have you already signed a contract with PF? If not, I would recommend trying to negotiate a lower rate for the offsite guests. $60/day is high.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users