Photo

Playa Fiesta Weddings

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#431 mlabbe

mlabbe
  • 784 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

Yet another random question - I fully trust Blaire, but my wedding is at 7pm! It feels quite late... If I estimate for a 30 minute ceremony, with the cocktail party that brings us at 8:45 for dinner (15 minutes after sunset, apparently). Does anyone else feel that this is weird? Or too late?

#432 Mel&B

Mel&B
    • 613 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mlabbe
      Yet another random question - I fully trust Blaire, but my wedding is at 7pm! It feels quite late... If I estimate for a 30 minute ceremony, with the cocktail party that brings us at 8:45 for dinner (15 minutes after sunset, apparently). Does anyone else feel that this is weird? Or too late?
      Magalie,

Don't worry about this at all! Our wedding was around the same time and we were two weeks before you (May 1st). PF has the timing down to a science, I promise! We have the most beautiful pictures (as the sun is setting)! Plus, I don't know who your pastor is, but I doubt your ceremony will be 30 minutes. They are usually only 15-20 minutes long. My advice is just to relax and enjoy the ride. Lindsay or Blaire will take care of the rest.
      P.S. I think I had a similar worry in the back of my mind, but they really do have everything worked out according to the time of sunset. :)

#433 Mel&B

Mel&B
      • 613 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Oh, by the way, my current siggy picture was taken during dinner. Our photog pulled us away for a quick pic. There's still plenty of light, as you can see! :)

#434 mlabbe

mlabbe
        • 784 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mel&B
          Magalie,

Don't worry about this at all! Our wedding was around the same time and we were two weeks before you (May 1st). PF has the timing down to a science, I promise! We have the most beautiful pictures (as the sun is setting)! Plus, I don't know who your pastor is, but I doubt your ceremony will be 30 minutes. They are usually only 15-20 minutes long. My advice is just to relax and enjoy the ride. Lindsay or Blaire will take care of the rest.
          P.S. I think I had a similar worry in the back of my mind, but they really do have everything worked out according to the time of sunset. :)
          Awesome, thank you! That's all that I needed to hear (and see, I love that photo!)

#435 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Kate, did you get my email? I may have sent it to an old address. Did you ever find reasonably priced flights??

#436 sabbott

sabbott
            • 52 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jenniebey
              My website is still up, but not sure for how much longer: jennieandreggie.com I updated it right before the wedding so it doesn't have our original welcome message. But the info on PF seemed to be helpful to our guests. (Thanks again Kate for letting me borrow).

I ordered simple invites from weddingpaperdivas.com which I loved. Here's a link to the exact invitation.

Signature White Wedding Invitations - Floral Patterned by Wedding Paper Divas

We weren't able to fit a ton of information on there so we too directed everyone to our site. We didn't have anyone who wasn't able to get online to view. However, some people contacted my parents with additional questions.

sabbott - have you set a date yet?
              Jenniebey - thank you so much!! Your invites are great. Sorry it takes me so long to reply - I'm blocked from BDW while at work.

We have set a date - May 22, 2010!

Mel&B -- your invitations were beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Oh and by the way, my first name is Sara. Thanks, Ladies!

#437 mlabbe

mlabbe
              • 784 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

Here is an updated list ladies!

January 2010

February 2010
                Crystal & Brian (Monty Crysto) - February 12, 2010

March 2010

April 2010
                Christa & Tyler (wieseelliott) - April 16, 2010

May 2010
                Kodi & Carlos (kodi) - May 12, 2010
                Magalie & Travis (mlabbe) - May 16, 2010
                Sara (sabbott) - May 22, 2010

June 2010

July 2010
                - Resort closed -

August 2010
                - Resort closed -

September 2010
                - Resort closed -

October 2010

November 2010

December 2010
                Shreeti & Jon (shreets) - specific date undecided

March 2011
                Sarah & Noah (wsarah2107) - 3-8-11

#438 mlabbe

mlabbe
                • 784 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

We have booked our flight, whoohoo! And now have 2 rooms book. Hopefully we'll be getting more bookings soon!

#439 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

woowhoo! Congrats Magalie on booking your flights!!!!

And congrats Sara on booking your date:)

Mel- we talked. Stupid email

And I FINALLY booked our trip... we'll be there Feb 23-28th! YAY! Can't wait. It is our first anniv Saturday so we keep talking about what we were doing a year ago at this time.... right now we were coming back from our FABULOUS grooms dinner in town at Si Senor. Can't wait to go back in a month!

#440 Mel&B

Mel&B
                    • 613 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, Kate!!! I think you will have an amazing, super-relaxing, and fun vacation! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users