Playa Fiesta Weddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrewett View Post
For all you PF brides: What is your budget? How many guests? I LOVE PF from everything I have seen and read here. I'm just concerned about the costs and the costs for our guests. Let me know your thoughts.

We are doing a church ceremony. We are hoping to host a welcome dinner, wedding dinner, and some group activities for 40-60 guests for under $9K. We will likely have to help some guests with rooms too. Do you think it is do-able?
I would contact PF and ask them if they are with you having the wedding elsewhere. It should be OK, I think from their photo gallery it has been done before. As for the room cost, I find that it is a bit on the high side but the rest is quite reasonable. If you contact them, they will send you their worksheet and this will give you an idea of cost for meals and activities.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have your ceremony off site at a church. Contact Lindsay or her assistant for the worksheet like mlabbe suggested. You may be able to do it under budget, but it depends on a lot of different factors.

You will love having your wedding at Playa Fiesta!!! It is the best!

We are in the process of talking with Lindsay and Adam, as well as planning our site visit. Can't wait!

What packages did everyone choose? We are looking at D&E Package #1, with some add-ons if the budget allows. I hope we can get the basic fireworks package too! We are bringing our photographer and getting real touch flowers. I would love to do some bougainvilla with candles on the tables. Did anyone use existing tables, rather than the banquet tables? I have so many questions, which we are working through to see if we can afford everything. We are getting excited!

That is so exciting. I hope that everything works out for you!! It's definitely stressful trying to plan the wedding of your dreams without going crazy and totally scrapping your budget! Sounds like you have pretty good idea of what you want though.

Quote:
We are in the process of talking with Lindsay and Adam, as well as planning our site visit. Can't wait!

What packages did everyone choose? We are looking at D&E Package #1, with some add-ons if the budget allows. I hope we can get the basic fireworks package too! We are bringing our photographer and getting real touch flowers. I would love to do some bougainvilla with candles on the tables. Did anyone use existing tables, rather than the banquet tables? I have so many questions, which we are working through to see if we can afford everything. We are getting excited!

Quote:

I can't remember which package I chose but I think it was 1. I used existing tables but added on chilvali chairs and brought my own linens. Mel did a larger candle package and made runners... this idea rocks! It looked amazing. I don't regret anything I did but I will say little decoration is needed:)

Thanks so much girls! I love to hear and see what you selected. The table runners are great. I have seen some great ideas and items for sale on this site, as well as etsy. I will probably start a planning thread in the next month or so.

We had our call with Adam this weekend, so now we are getting really excited. He was so great and answered all of our other questions and we can't wait to see the property/meet Adam & Lindsay. I just had a couple questions for clarification. I thought I would ask here first in case I am just not understanding it right. I am a Catering Sales Manager for a hotel, which is why I am thinking of these details...I'm not just trying to be crazy detailed. lol.

Adam said we can't use D&E #1 for a welcome dinner and the wedding dinner, since the wedding night is completely separate. So if we chose D&E #1, we could use it for a welcome dinner and dinner another night. He said the wedding dinner and open bar during the wedding reception is separate. He also mentioned there is a charge for the tables, regardless if you use existing or not. They invested in new tables, so it is for the upkeep and maintenance of their tables. They have enough to seat 64, but wi

So my questions are:

1. Does it seem odd we can't use the D&E #1 for the wedding night if we like the menus offered and are willing to cover that cost instead of adding it to the guest charges?

2. Is the bar on the wedding night different than the bar on another night? If so, it makes sense. Did you girls choose to host the bar or do something different (signature cocktails, margarita station, etc)?

3. Since the property where I work there are options to use existing set at no charge, or rent banquet tables for a charge, I hadn't budgeted for this cost. I understand if they need to make money for their investment, but just checking I understand it all. As I mentioned before, we have a pretty set budget, so I am trying to anticipate/understand all the costs now to avoid surprises later.

Let me know what you think. Those are the only questions in mind, but certainly nothing that would keep me from loving Playa Fiesta. I'm going to run them by Lindsday and Adam later this week too.

We are going to do our site visit in December. We are looking at doing the 4 night weekday for November 2010.

Thanks for all your help!

Quote:
So my questions are:
1. Does it seem odd we can't use the D&E #1 for the wedding night if we like the menus offered and are willing to cover that cost instead of adding it to the guest charges?
2. Is the bar on the wedding night different than the bar on another night? If so, it makes sense. Did you girls choose to host the bar or do something different (signature cocktails, margarita station, etc)?
3. Since the property where I work there are options to use existing set at no charge, or rent banquet tables for a charge, I hadn't budgeted for this cost. I understand if they need to make money for their investment, but just checking I understand it all. As I mentioned before, we have a pretty set budget, so I am trying to anticipate/understand all the costs now to avoid surprises later.

We are going to do our site visit in December. We are looking at doing the 4 night weekday for November 2010.

Thanks for all your help!
Hi! I'll try to answer your questions.

1. I think you just have to think of the wedding as completely separate from the rest of the week. I also got D&E#1, and I really enjoyed having those two dinner's spaced throughout the week. I don't think it seems odd if you just think of the wedding night as its own special occasion (with its own special costs, of course!)

2. Bar is the same, or you can upgrade to the premium bar, which will include more brand name liquors. We kept the bar the same because we didn't have room in the budget for the premium bar. I was very happy with that decision. The bartenders make so many yummy concoctions that many people deviated from their usual "kettle and soda" or whatever. I didn't do an extra drink station. My advice with D&E #1 would be to get a desert instead of a drink station. Our guests went wild for the fried ice cream.

3. I didn't question the per table charge. I got quotes from other WC's that included linen and silverware rentals, glassware, etc., which PF didn't charge for. I think it all works itself out, and probably to our advantage.

When will you be there in December?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel&B View Post
Hi! I'll try to answer your questions.

1. I think you just have to think of the wedding as completely separate from the rest of the week. I also got D&E#1, and I really enjoyed having those two dinner's spaced throughout the week. I don't think it seems odd if you just think of the wedding night as its own special occasion (with its own special costs, of course!) Ok, just checking. I wish we could budget for both. We may decide to do the wedding night, plus one welcome dinner a la carte. Or maybe even do the wedding night, and have the D&E#1 with some portion going to the guests.

2. Bar is the same, or you can upgrade to the premium bar, which will include more brand name liquors. We kept the bar the same because we didn't have room in the budget for the premium bar. I was very happy with that decision. The bartenders make so many yummy concoctions that many people deviated from their usual "kettle and soda" or whatever. I didn't do an extra drink station. My advice with D&E #1 would be to get a desert instead of a drink station. Our guests went wild for the fried ice cream. I was thinking the same. If we have to pay for the open bar, I will just keep it the same as all the other nights. I'm glad to hear the guests loved the fried ice cream. We are planning to do that instead of a cake. Yay!

3. I didn't question the per table charge. I got quotes from other WC's that included linen and silverware rentals, glassware, etc., which PF didn't charge for. I think it all works itself out, and probably to our advantage. Ya, I just have to keep the big picture in mind that it could be more expensive somewhere else.

When will you be there in December? We are planning to combine the trip with our trip back home to Texas for Christmas. So tenatively Dec. 20-23rd.
Thanks so much. This eases some of my concerns and questions, coming from working in the industry. I just need to trust and enjoy the planning. hehe. : )

Quote:
Thanks so much. This eases some of my concerns and questions, coming from working in the industry. I just need to trust and enjoy the planning. hehe. : )
You can totally trust Lindsay as she helps you plan. It just makes it a lot easier and she's the best. wink.gif