670 replies to this topic

#191 Mel&B

Mel&B
  • 613 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wsarah2107
    Melissa--
    I just read your parents' review on tripadvisor...omg I was holding back tears!! :) Your mom just seems so happy & she has the nicest things to say about you & your husband! I was so happy to hear the great review she left of PF--sounds like you guys had an unbelievable time!
    I've never seen my parents so happy. They had 3 or 4 sets of their couple friends with them, and they also loved hanging out with my friends and Bryan's friends. We live 2000 miles from them, and our friends are spread all over the country, so it made them feel really connected to everyone. We have 5 great reviews up on Trip Advisor from our group. One of my friends even thanked me (in the review) for having my wedding there. It was sooo sweet. :)

#192 Mel&B

Mel&B
    • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

My review is up!

http://bestdestinati....073#post834360

#193 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
      • 166 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hello ladies!
        We're pretty sure we're going to have our wedding at PF (yeah!!!!!)....have some questions about how those of you who have gotten married there did things....I know guests book directily on their website, but is there a "deadline" for deposit and/or payment in full for guests?? If not...did you make one up? I'm just worried bc we might be doing January...and then what if 1/2 our guests backout because of too much holiday spending?! We'd be stuck paying for all those rooms!!!

#194 jenniebey

jenniebey
        • 842 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
          Hello ladies!
          We're pretty sure we're going to have our wedding at PF (yeah!!!!!)....have some questions about how those of you who have gotten married there did things....I know guests book directily on their website, but is there a "deadline" for deposit and/or payment in full for guests?? If not...did you make one up? I'm just worried bc we might be doing January...and then what if 1/2 our guests backout because of too much holiday spending?! We'd be stuck paying for all those rooms!!!
          Congrats Sarah! PF is amazing and I'm sure you will be so happy if you decide to make it your wedding venue.

As far as having guests book, I have set a RSVP date for August 15th for my Nov 6th wedding. I'm guessing a lot of people won't get their replies in till Sept 1st. I need my final head count a month before my date so that is how I came upon my deadlines for guest.

However, if you do your STDs early enough, you'll be surprised how many people book way before your deadline! Most people do not book vacations last minute so I'm sure your guests will factor that into their budget.

I have to admit that filling our room quota has been the most stressful part of planning, but I've been happy to find that so many people are so excited for our wedding. Several people are making it their vacation for this year. We've booked most of our room commitment.

Be sure to email Lindsay or Adam with any questions as far as deadlines for guests booking or the process. They are so helpful!

Good luck!

#195 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Unless the method of payment has changed, guests do not pay until they leave PF. They will give PF their credit card # when booking the room, but it won't be charged until they leave. There are no depsoits, per se. Jennie's right- it's best to contact Adam with specific questions about booking. :)

You made a great decision!!!

#196 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Yay! I am from MN and got married at PF in January (this year!) It is the perfect time to escape our lovely winter.
              Melissa is right, their credit card isn't charged until check out... and they'll buy their plane tickets (Hopefully) well in advanced so that won't be a prob. They won't see the bill until Febuary- well after they know how fabulous Playa Fiesta is!!!!

#197 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
              • 166 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thank you guys so much!! I love this thread :)
                Meeting the minimum room # is our biggest (well...maybe only) stressor!! Hopefully it'll all work out!! Kate--we're debating btwn Jan & March...what was the weather like for your wedding?? Adam told Noah its pretty much the same but Jan nights are cooler...was it like sweatshirt cool at night?? Aww, anything has to be better than MN January!!!!!

#198 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
                  Meeting the minimum room # is our biggest (well...maybe only) stressor!! Hopefully it'll all work out!! Kate--we're debating btwn Jan & March...what was the weather like for your wedding?? Adam told Noah its pretty much the same but Jan nights are cooler...was it like sweatshirt cool at night?? Aww, anything has to be better than MN January!!!!!
                  It was perfect! I brought little sweaters down but usually never put it on. So like a sundress/wrap combo. It wasn't cold at all:)
                  The room thing was my only stress too.... everything was PERFECT in the end. In case you don't want to search for it here is our slideshow. Check out Kate and Melissas too! It will get you totally pumped up.
                  Kate and Bill

#199 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hey future PF Brides!!!
                    Just checking in to see if you gals have any progress with your planning Or are you taking the summer off?

#200 Mel&B

Mel&B
                    • 613 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

Quote:
                      Um... quick question. Are you sure they still have dates available in Jan & March? To be honest, I didn't get the date I wanted, and it was still perfect. It will be for you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users