Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kate.com

Playa Fiesta Weddings

Recommended Posts

Hola Chicas! I just wanted to pop in and say hi - I know I was lousy at posting before... I was busy diy-ing for our wedding! Which was AMAZING! Ask any of our guests - they were raving! It's not that I didn't believe Kate or Melissa when they said everyone had a great time - I just was anxious that maybe our group wouldn't feel the same... but they did!

 

We're still waiting for our pro pics, but once I figure out how to post candid shots, I'll try to do so - I DIY'd my tail off and we took so much down with us, I want to show it all off! :) And to everyone planning a PF wedding - it is completely and totally worth it! We did a site visit last year (which is awesome because they totally take care of you!), but I can honestly say this is the one place I can recommend booking sight unseen!

 

And a special shout out to JennieBey! After you left on Sunday, I put two and two together and realized I'd seen you on the BDW board! I didn't realize it when we met! Congratulations to you too! I saw your pics on Michelle's blog and they look beautiful! Your flower centerpieces were gorgeous as well...we got to look at them after you were gone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats! I can't wait to see pics. It's so nice to hear that things were amazing - especially since we're probably not doing a site visit!

 

So random question - what kind of shoes did you ladies wear? It's not in the sand so did you wear heels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all playa fiesta brides- My name is Christa, my fiance Tyler & i are getting married at PF April 16,2010. Of course like all of you- we are extremely excited. I have a few questions i wanted to ask all of you. 1) did any of you use the videographer the hotel suggests? 2) did any of you go without the dance floor? As far as the dance floor- we just arent sure its worth the $1000+ when i have seen pictures of other weddings where they are dancing in the open area by the pool. 3) how were all the rooms- bridal suite, penthouses, other ocean view rooms? they seem very nice but hard to tell since its just pictures

 

thank you, ive found all the other posts helpful.

christa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2B View Post
Hola Chicas! I just wanted to pop in and say hi - I know I was lousy at posting before... I was busy diy-ing for our wedding! Which was AMAZING! Ask any of our guests - they were raving! It's not that I didn't believe Kate or Melissa when they said everyone had a great time - I just was anxious that maybe our group wouldn't feel the same... but they did!

We're still waiting for our pro pics, but once I figure out how to post candid shots, I'll try to do so - I DIY'd my tail off and we took so much down with us, I want to show it all off! :) And to everyone planning a PF wedding - it is completely and totally worth it! We did a site visit last year (which is awesome because they totally take care of you!), but I can honestly say this is the one place I can recommend booking sight unseen!

And a special shout out to JennieBey! After you left on Sunday, I put two and two together and realized I'd seen you on the BDW board! I didn't realize it when we met! Congratulations to you too! I saw your pics on Michelle's blog and they look beautiful! Your flower centerpieces were gorgeous as well...we got to look at them after you were gone!
Yeah!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you and your group had such a wonderful time.

For the girls returning from their weddings- please (pretty please) try to write reviews. There are so many new people checking out or PF thread and I know they are dying for as much info, pics, reviews, etc. as possible. smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreets View Post
congrats! I can't wait to see pics. It's so nice to hear that things were amazing - especially since we're probably not doing a site visit!

So random question - what kind of shoes did you ladies wear? It's not in the sand so did you wear heels?
I wore heels. I actually love PF for the fact that I could wear pretty heels. They just make me feel taller and skinnier. haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieseelliott View Post
Hi all playa fiesta brides- My name is Christa, my fiance Tyler & i are getting married at PF April 16,2010. Of course like all of you- we are extremely excited. I have a few questions i wanted to ask all of you. 1) did any of you use the videographer the hotel suggests? 2) did any of you go without the dance floor? As far as the dance floor- we just arent sure its worth the $1000+ when i have seen pictures of other weddings where they are dancing in the open area by the pool. 3) how were all the rooms- bridal suite, penthouses, other ocean view rooms? they seem very nice but hard to tell since its just pictures

thank you, ive found all the other posts helpful.
christa
Welcome Christa! Here are my answers to your questions:

1) No
2) No. I'm sure you go without and everything would still be beautiful. You'd have to talk to Lindsay about logistics. I have to say that my friends had a really fun time on the bridge dance floor. It was a really cool novelty, and we even danced on it the night before, too! The non-dancers (ie party poopers) hung out by the bar and the area between the big and small pools.
3) The bridal suite and penthouses are very, very nice! The most impressive rooms are the three bedroom penthouses. They are just gorgeous, with amazing views and wrap-around terraces.

The next 5 months will fly by! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mel - you crack me up! I'm all for taller and skinnier!

 

Christa - these girls have great information! 5 months left! How long ago did you book playa fiesta? We thought about the no dance floor too - but it looks like good fun in all the pictures. Keep us posted about what Lindsay suggests. How many people are coming to the wedding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×