Playa Fiesta Weddings

Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing with their PF wedding plans.

I have only about 1 month before we leave and I'm actually staying calm. I still have to do menus, programs and order everything for our OOT bags (which I'm doing this week).

Oh and I have to give final headcount to Lindsay. I still have one straggler who won't commit yet. It's driving me crazy!

Other than that everything is great. How is everyone else doing? Did everyone get all of their rooms booked?!

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniebey View Post
Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing with their PF wedding plans.

I have only about 1 month before we leave and I'm actually staying calm. I still have to do menus, programs and order everything for our OOT bags (which I'm doing this week).

Oh and I have to give final headcount to Lindsay. I still have one straggler who won't commit yet. It's driving me crazy!

Other than that everything is great. How is everyone else doing? Did everyone get all of their rooms booked?!
I am so excited for you! It is all coming together... are you going to do a planning thread so we can see your projects?

It really is coming all together. Thank goodness!

I will be doing a planning thread but right now all my pictures are a mess. Maybe I'll work on getting that in order this weekend!

We get to PV in exactly 1 month! I can't wait to sit by the pool and have a margarita. :)

Hey Y'all. Newly engaged here. Only about a month. Got a quick start on this all though. Have a few places I'm considering, but at this point Playa Fiesta is the only destination I'm considering. I have a few questions i would like to ask all you past playa brides.

Really wanna make this affordable for the guests so that everyone doesn't hate me. Haha. the partial room takeover rate is quite a bit more than the full room takeover. I really want to make it affordable for my guests but at the same time, i dont want to pay 1000's for unfilled rooms. Trying to weigh the pro's and cons here. Right now I have 120 people on my list, so im confident i can fill the hotel for the 4 nights. But then you have to factor in last minute cancellations. ...which is apparently likely. Has this horrid thing happened to anyone before the wedding?

I really like Playa Fiesta, but its only possible if it is affordable for me and my guests. And if i wind up spending thousands on cancelled rooms....that could really ruin my special day. Thoughts? feedback. Pros? and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau286 View Post
Hey Y'all. Newly engaged here. Only about a month. Got a quick start on this all though. Have a few places I'm considering, but at this point Playa Fiesta is the only destination I'm considering. I have a few questions i would like to ask all you past playa brides.

Really wanna make this affordable for the guests so that everyone doesn't hate me. Haha. the partial room takeover rate is quite a bit more than the full room takeover. I really want to make it affordable for my guests but at the same time, i dont want to pay 1000's for unfilled rooms. Trying to weigh the pro's and cons here. Right now I have 120 people on my list, so im confident i can fill the hotel for the 4 nights. But then you have to factor in last minute cancellations. ...which is apparently likely. Has this horrid thing happened to anyone before the wedding?
I really like Playa Fiesta, but its only possible if it is affordable for me and my guests. And if i wind up spending thousands on cancelled rooms....that could really ruin my special day. Thoughts? feedback. Pros? and cons?
Hello & Welcome!! I won't be of much help to you since I havent gotten married there yet (March 2011) and haven't even sent out my STDs yet, so I really have no clue how it'll all turn out....BUT I wanted to let you know you're not going through all this alone....we were in EXACTLY EXACTLY the same situation as you....its been pretty stressful, but we absolutely don't regret booking Playa Fiesta...even if we have to pay for some rooms, I don't think there is a better place to have our DW!

Quote:

Hi,

I remember that you also contacted me via Trip Advisor. I just went to Playa Fiesta's website to check out their packages, and it doesn't seem to me that the full takeover is too much less than the partial. If you are only talking $100-$200 per person, I don't think that's too much of a difference. If someone is willing to go to Mexico for your wedding, they aren't going to sweat $100 or $200 dollars. My advice to you would be to do as much research as you can by reading through this thread and contacting Playa Fiesta directly so that they can quote you on the cost of the wedding. The next thing I suggest doing is speaking directly to your family and friends regarding your wedding and everything it will entail. I think you'll be able to gauge if this is something they will support you on. Get a rough count of how many people seem committed to traveling for your wedding. I really think this will help you with your decision. You also have to get everyone really pumped up!!! If you are excited and enthusiastic, your friends and family will follow. Point out all of the great things about Playa Fiesta!!! Let them know the cost. but don't dwell on it like it's a bad thing. My friends and family didn't know what to expect, but they trusted me. In the end, they were all so, so happy that they stayed with us a Playa Fiesta.

Good Luck to you!

P.S. It look like you live in LA. Flights from LA to PVR are cheap, so you have that going for you, and it makes a big difference!

Hi!

I can appreciate your frustration. I went through the same thing and I was very stressed about it. I knew I loved PF and wanted my wedding there, but unfortunately with a DW you do have to take your guests into consideration. However, remember that it is your day and more than likely your guests will want to do whatever is going to make you happy. Once I signed the contract I felt a lot better because it was a done deal either way.

I did exactly what Melissa suggested. I did a rough budget based on the numbers PF gave me and started polling friends and family to see who would maybe or definitely make it and what they thought of the price. Of course I've had some people that said they would be there no matter what back out. But I've also had people that I didn't think would ever make it book. Some people think it's expensive other people think it's a good deal because so much is included.

I was able to book all my rooms but it was stressful at the end. They also say that for DW you usually get 50% of the people you invite that actually come. I had more like 40% yes and 60% no. But PF is an easy sell because it's such an amazing hotel and an unique experience. I'm hoping my guests will thank me at the end of it all.

Good luck! And make sure you contact Playa Fiesta directly. Adam and Lindsay are so helpful and will give you all the information you need.

Jennie

Quote:

Hi!

I haven't read all the post yet, just wanted to say hi first!

I'm Magalie, I live in Vancouver BC and Travis and I are getting married at PF on May 16 2010.

We've put in our deposit for May 14-18 and we're just working over the details of the contract right now. Can't wait to get the whole thing actually started, it feels like I haven't done anything yet.

Crossing my fingers that we can fill the rooms - doesn't look very good thus far with the economy sad.gif

Hi Magalie! Congrats on choosing Playa Fiesta for your wedding!

I know it was a hard decision for me but once I signed the contract I felt better. Lindsay and Adam are so great to work with.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too with booking your rooms, but I have a feeling that 2010 will be a better year than 2009 as far as the economy goes.

Definitely read the post if you haven't already. There are so many great ideas and tips for making the most of the planning stages. Plus both Kate and Melissa have posted links to their wedding reviews which will give you a great idea of what to expect on your day!

Happy planning and just post any questions you might have!

Jennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabbe View Post
Hi!

I haven't read all the post yet, just wanted to say hi first!

I'm Magalie, I live in Vancouver BC and Travis and I are getting married at PF on May 16 2010.

We've put in our deposit for May 14-18 and we're just working over the details of the contract right now. Can't wait to get the whole thing actually started, it feels like I haven't done anything yet.

Crossing my fingers that we can fill the rooms - doesn't look very good thus far with the economy sad.gif

Welcome and happy planning new PF girls!

Bill and I are planning our trip back to Playa Fiesta, yay! Wish we could make the trip over Christmas with you Mel, but I we'll have to wait until Jan/Feb to fit it in!

Has anyone heard what remodeling projects they completed this summer? Bill just asked me and I haven't talked to Lindsay since she's been back.