Playa Fiesta Weddings

Did any PF brides use outside vendors for flowers? I am wondering if there are more "competitive" prices out there and if Lindsay would be open to allowing you to use them??

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Melissa, can't wait to hear all about your big day!!

Jennie, I did the same thing with the Yes, maybe, no list. Cagrl, I was worried about the cost for the guests at first too. Turned out people thought it was a good price and since we are paying for the D&E package, they also get dinners included.

thought I would chime in with my two cents :) My Mr and I took a 5 day scouting trip to PV last November (on which I took tons of pictures with the best of intentions, but have been terribly lazy in posting any of them!) and I think anywhere you get married is gorgeous. We looked at the Sheraton, Las Caletas, we met with Prisar Events and saw the Krystal, a private beach, the Botanical Gardens and a garden overlooking PV, Hacienda San Angel, the Buenaventura, Villa Premier and Playa Fiesta (wheeew! that was a lot!). Definitely, I am biased, because we chose Playa Fiesta, but we were totally blown away. I was torn between using Prisar and doing the Botanical Gardens and PF, but in the end, PF fit what we were looking for. It's a little expensive for our guests, but we're picking up the D&E, so it's basically all inclusive, and a lot of guests don't know about that pesky tax and service fee (27% is insane!), which can bump up the price anywhere. When we walked into PF we were amazed by how beautiful it was and how private, as well as the service from the staff. Another wedding party was just beginning to trickle in, so we were able to chat with them and see what a great atmosphere it is when you arrive. We specifically were looking for a private location and were anti-AI, so I don't know how it would compare to Dreams or the Riu. We stopped by the Mayan, and watched a wedding at the Sheraton and those are both completely different atmospheres. PF is more akin to a private villa, but much more affordable and definitely easier (three cheers for Lindsay!).

One thing to consider, we decided to do a 4-day, weekday wedding - we're getting married on a Tuesday - so the cost to our guests is significantly less. Lindsay is great, and I think she could help you work with a specific budget. We are having a pretty low key celebration - I did choose the most expensive flowers (orchids and mini calla lilies!), but decided to do a smaller bouquet size and we're not doing flower centerpieces. We chose to splurge elsewhere - picking up the D&E, getting a great photographer, live music, and fireworks(!!). However, if you're willing to go with the dj, less decorations, etc, you could do it for less. Playa Fiesta itself is so gorgeous, you don't really have to decorate it too much, and they have great options like guac and salsa instead of individual hors d'oeuvre, and bowls of sangria for cocktails. And I can tell you from first hand experience, the food is great!

I guess this is a long-winded way of saying, I think Playa Fiesta is definitely worth the money (I knew it was a go when we walked in and the Mr commented not only how awesome it was, but that it would blow everyone away when we got married there!). You can have a gorgeous wedding anywhere in PV, and some places for less, but PF stood out for us in terms of the class and quality, as well as the intimacy - we wanted our guests to come away feeling like they got to know everyone, kind of that cheesy summer camp feeling! I know some of our guests may be hesitant about the cost, but we've let them know well in advance so they can save up, and I suspect after the wedding, 99.99% will agree that it was worth it.

On a side note, if it turns out PF is just not in your budget for the wedding you imagine, our second choices were definitely the Botanical gardens (using Prisar - we did not have a good experience with the Botanical people themselves), and Las Caletas. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me!

And Mel - congratulations! I can't wait to see your wedding pictures - I bet your dress was absolutely gorgeous at that location!

DB2B

Thanks so much for the awesome post. We really want to start figuring out prices...and have tried to contact the owners 3 times in the past 2 weeks--but neither of us has gotten a reply e-mail...we figure that they are probably really busy, but it seems like everyone on here comments on how quickly they get a response from Lindsay or the pricing spreadsheet from Adam. We used the "wedding week availibility" link on PF's website to try to get some info, and after no luck with in a few days we tried the contact email listed on the site. Is there a better way to get ahold of them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarah2107 View Post
DB2B
Thanks so much for the awesome post. We really want to start figuring out prices...and have tried to contact the owners 3 times in the past 2 weeks--but neither of us has gotten a reply e-mail...we figure that they are probably really busy, but it seems like everyone on here comments on how quickly they get a response from Lindsay or the pricing spreadsheet from Adam. We used the "wedding week availibility" link on PF's website to try to get some info, and after no luck with in a few days we tried the contact email listed on the site. Is there a better way to get ahold of them??
That is very strange. Im sure this is what you used: adam@playafiesta.com right? If not, there you go. If so check your spam filters to make sure you are not missing anything. Sometimes emails with a business name in them go directly there. They always get back promptly to everyone I have ever talked to so chalk it up to bad luck and try again! You won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbackman View Post
Did any PF brides use outside vendors for flowers? I am wondering if there are more "competitive" prices out there and if Lindsay would be open to allowing you to use them??
They have set vendors so they do not allow outside vendors. I think the flower prices are crazy too... but to their defense: Vendors in PV are not like in US/Canada. Alot of what you pay for is reliability. Being on time and delivering exactly what you ordered is not a given in PV. So THAT what you are paying for. I have heard this from several other sources on the forum besides PF. I know that Kate and Mel used less flowers and more candles and know they were completely satisfied. I was ok with cost bc I only had 5 tables of 8... if there were more tables I would have probably had to do something differently.
Everyone is right in saying that PF needs little added decor... they do a fabulous job, the lighting is incredible.... I brought table cloths for color but I think tablerunners and candles would be fabulous and not take up too much room. Just an idea! I also just went to an event and they had bought colorful ribbon to tie around napkins. (I bought ribbon at JoAnn fabrics for 50 cents a spool)... I think that would add a lot and they will tie it for you so no work!

Anyways... if you need to get creative to put your stamp on YOUR wedding, discuss ideas here and the brides that have gotten married at PF will help! As you know, Lindsay is great and loves to be creative too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarah2107 View Post
DB2B
r

Adam and Lindsay are crazy busy right now dealing with the swine flu trauma. They literally get 200 emails every morning from brides and weddings guests for weddings happening within the next few weeks. There is a lot of hysteria going on, and they are trying their best to educate brides, grooms, and their guests on the true state of PV (no swine flu there) but as you can imagine, they have quite a bit on their plate. Please look at the wine flu spread on BDW if you aren't sure what I'm talking about. I'm sure once things settle down and return to normal, you'll get all of the info you need. :) Their communication skills are seriously second to none, and that is what made my wedding planning process to easy breezy.

As far as flowers go, you won't want to use an outside vendor. Lindsay has wedding planning down to a science, and you should trust her to provide you with the best vendors. It's such a relief to be able to rely on her and your vendors on the wedding day. Can you imagine having to worry about your flowers showing up on the wedding day?

I got candle package #3, and the only flowers we bought we the bouquets, aisle flowers, and bouts for the guys. My mom made table runners. I'll post pics soon. I was sooo happy with the decor. Flowers are lovely, but I didn't miss them in the least. I loved the way everything looked and I wouldn't change one single thing. PF is gorgeous, and I personally didn't need or miss flowers.

Whew! Hope that helped. :)

I wondered if the swine flu was reeking havoc for them. Mel, I am so glad it did not have a negative impact on your wedding, I was praying it would not. I know it is not in PV, but with the media reports people see it is hard to get them to realize that not everywhere in Mexico is dangerous and having outbreaks. I have had plenty of guests calling me in a tizzy and we are 6 and 1/2 months out from our wedding day.

One thing we have noticed for all you east coast ladies and yourguests...tickets out of the east coast for our dates were in the high $500s before and the last few weeks they have been in the low $200s. No change on ticket prices on the west coast unfortunately, well actually i only checked out of San Diego and Los Angeles. I am sure this is somehow related to the swine flu and the attempt to keep tourism moving down the line.

Hey guys!

So we finally (both!!) just got our reply from Adam this morning(very exciting!)

Can you guys explain how the dinner and entertainment packages work?? I just dont really get it. The cost is for 2 dinners per person per night....So is each guest buying themselves (or us for them) 2 meals for that day, or is 1 dinner with entertainment one night and then another dinner & entertainment some other night? So if we do, for example, pack #3, 3 days of our stay would be taken care of (2 dinners per person & 2 nights with entertainment + the wedding night)?? Or, is it more like how the rooms are charged per two...so then pkg #3 would be dinner for 1 couple per 1 night?? Sorry, I hope my questions make sense--I am confused!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsie3 View Post
I wondered if the swine flu was reeking havoc for them. Mel, I am so glad it did not have a negative impact on your wedding, I was praying it would not. I know it is not in PV, but with the media reports people see it is hard to get them to realize that not everywhere in Mexico is dangerous and having outbreaks. I have had plenty of guests calling me in a tizzy and we are 6 and 1/2 months out from our wedding day.

Ugh, I agree completely...I think people don't consider all of the facts, just watch the news & get all worked up. When FI took me on a suprise vacation this past march to MX to propose--my mom & grandma found out and freaked out I guess bc of all the hype that was going on about the violence & shootings/drug stuff --even though Cancun is how far away from the border where it was all going on. And then Avian flu...that didn't turn out to be so terrible as the news was making it--I remember I was taking a microbiology class then & my professor would be so pissed off about it

But, I didn't think of Lindsay & Adam probably getting bombared with e-mails about swine flu--makes sense why we didn't hear back for awhile! They must be so frustrated sad.gif

I read a thread on here from a girl who had to cancel her wedding because so many people were backing out (bc of swine flu scare among other things). I just wanted to start crying reading her post--I can't imagine going through all of the time of planning, paying for invitations & being so excited about it and then have to totally cancel it. I hope she has an awesome wedding when & wherever they decide to do it