Playa Fiesta Weddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel&B View Post
I leave in 2.5 weeks! Eeeekkkk. I think I'm ready, but just have some last minute stuff to do, lose 5 pounds, buy makeup, figure out what to wear each day, get gift for MOH, work on Meet the Guests (if I ever get to it), RELAX!
OMG Mel! Are you so excited? Don't stress...you're going to get everything done.

I can't wait to hear how it went and see the pictures! Yay!

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that is so great! What are the 2 dress choices? Do share!

Melissa... don't sweat! You will be ready. I will ask bill for our meet the guests template and try to get that to you. You can at least see what we did. It was in a program we bought from office max, it turned out great but was kindof a pain.

Music during dinner... I had a list and forgot to give it to Aldo! But it worked out better than expected. It is like old favs with a latin flare... it was awesome. So we didn't even talk about it, he just did it. Trust aldo. He is VERY talented. Plus, he gets to know you and your group all week long so he knows how to set the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniebey View Post
OMG Mel! Are you so excited? Don't stress...you're going to get everything done.

I can't wait to hear how it went and see the pictures! Yay!
Yes, I'm really excited!

I also remember being REALLY excited when Kate & Kate were getting ready to leave for their weddings. That's what I love about BDW.

Do share your dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post

Melissa... don't sweat! You will be ready. I will ask bill for our meet the guests template and try to get that to you. You can at least see what we did. It was in a program we bought from office max, it turned out great but was kindof a pain.

Music during dinner... I had a list and forgot to give it to Aldo! But it worked out better than expected. It is like old favs with a latin flare... it was awesome. So we didn't even talk about it, he just did it. Trust aldo. He is VERY talented. Plus, he gets to know you and your group all week long so he knows how to set the mood.
Kate, I have a template, but it would still be cool to see yours. This is the one thing I've totally procrastinated on!

I do trust Aldo. That's just one more thing I don't really have to time to stress about. I'm sure it will be fab. smile72.gif That's me moon-walking to Aldo's jams!!! Ha!

Hi guys!! :)

Wow Mel, you are so close!!! That's so exciting :) You seem very calm, I'm impressed. I am sure I will have 500 things to do in the weeks leading up to ours. I hope your wedding week is everything you've dreamed of and more! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jennie, what type of flowers are you getting? I think I am going to get ranunculus for the bouquets, roses for the centerpieces, and canrations for the flower girls' pomanders...but I am not sure yet. I found these black vases I love for cheap that would look great on our black and white tables. I am thinking about trying to ship them down. Lindsay said shipping is really unreliable but I might atleast take a shot at it. Has anyone else tried this?

I just picked out my dress last weekend :) and wish it would come NOW! I am still torn on the live music issue :-/ My fiance really wants traditional music for the ceremony and since this is the only time he has opposed something I have planned I think I will throw the guy a bone, haha! Did anyone use live music for their dinner or cocktail hour?

If anyone is interested...I found a website with the bouquet jewelry for great prices. At this bridal show I went to with my cousin all of the bouquets had swa crystals stuck into some of the flowers. Added a little sparkle.

Question for Kate...how many bags of rose petals did you use for your aisle?

Have a great day all!!

Wow! I am so excited to see what you girls come up with!!!!

Bunsie- is your dress posted on here somewhere? Do share!

I used 6 bags of petals I believe. I wanted it to be thick... so I think you could do with less.

So I was worried about the traditional music for the ceremony bc I didnt know what they had for sound. The waves are VERY loud FYI. But Aldo runs the sound at the ceremony so that won't be a problem. I think it would be cool if you had live music at the cocktail hour! You would get your mexican flare that way, and let your hubby have his traditional ceremony:)

Mel, I just got back to MN so I will see if I can get that template over to you so you can at least have a guide for brain freeze moments.

Yay! Let the countdown begin.

Okay...so here are my two dress options. And just for fun I included a third (the bottom one). I love the 3rd one...but WAY out of my budget. Have to be practical.

I still haven't made my decision yet, so would love to hear what you ladies think.

If I end up going with #2, I will have the seamstress put in a sweetheart neckline. Hopefully similar to #3.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsie3 View Post
Jennie, what type of flowers are you getting? I think I am going to get ranunculus for the bouquets, roses for the centerpieces, and canrations for the flower girls' pomanders...but I am not sure yet. I found these black vases I love for cheap that would look great on our black and white tables. I am thinking about trying to ship them down. Lindsay said shipping is really unreliable but I might atleast take a shot at it. Has anyone else tried this?
Hi Bunsie -

So my original idea was to have large white cala lilies and then mini orange cala lilies. Until I got the flower quote. The mini lilies are SUPER expensive as they are not local and I think are fragile. So plan b is to have just the large calas for BM bouquets, centerpieces and then I'm going to have orange roses. Still waiting for the quote on that one.

I was also wondering about the shipping. Originally I was going to ship stuff for OOT bags, but then after reading on BDW that it was a bad idea. If you do ship way in advance, is PF okay with storing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniebey View Post
Hi Bunsie -

So my original idea was to have large white cala lilies and then mini orange cala lilies. Until I got the flower quote. The mini lilies are SUPER expensive as they are not local and I think are fragile. So plan b is to have just the large calas for BM bouquets, centerpieces and then I'm going to have orange roses. Still waiting for the quote on that one.

I was also wondering about the shipping. Originally I was going to ship stuff for OOT bags, but then after reading on BDW that it was a bad idea. If you do ship way in advance, is PF okay with storing?

I think that is part of the issue. They do not have tons of room and they hold a wedding each week. They prob don't have room for everyones stuff.

Jennie, I can't get the pics of your dresses to open sad.gif I love orange anything, your flower choices sound beautiful!

Kate, thanks for the petal info. Did you have any problem with them staining the bottom of your dress? That happened to a friend of mine and it showed in all the pics.

Here is my dress :) I couldn't figure out how to attach just the pic so it would open...

Style Becca | Priscilla of Boston

My name is Lindsey, by the way. Bunsie is just a nickname that always works for screen names b/c its never taken.